[MAGISK][MODULE] OnePlus 3 aptX High Res Audio

Search This thread

dreinulldrei

Nov 4, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
THIS IS STILL BETA.

This Magisk module should enable the aptX Bluetooth codec on OnePlus 3(T). It may very well work on other devices with Qualcomm processors. It should work on Nougat but there are reports it may work on Marshmallow, too.

This module is based on the work of @dh.harald and @dr_root. Please see this thread for more info: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/themes/mod-aptx-codec-t3521228

I turned this into a Magisk module so you should benefit from an easy and systemless install.

I lack the proper hardware to test this. Please test and give feedback.

It's free. Hit the THANKS button if you like it.

Attachments

• magisk-module-op3aptx.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 12,608

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Anyone test this with a Nexus 6P? I'm tempted to try it myself...

EDIT: Looks like it works with every Snapdragon 8XX and 6XX device but requires you to be on a CAF/CM/Lineage based ROM.

Last edited:

zerohalo

Aug 20, 2009
Cambridge
Can confirm that this works on OnePlus 3T w/ OOS 4.0.2 - Can see it select aptx codec in logcat. Thanks!

Edit: No longer working on 4.1.0.

Last edited:

kartikb

Jun 30, 2010
Auckland
Hi, this module seems to be incompatible with Magisk 11.1. Flashed it on my Nexus 6P stock ROM (7.1.1) and it went into bootloop.

LazerL0rd

Nov 2, 2016
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
www.thezest.dev
This works on Magisk 10.2 regardless of phone. If you go to it's actual thread, you'll see people have reported this working on other phones apart from OnePlus 3.

It only works for phones that OFFICIALLY HAVE SUPPORT and or ARE USING QUALCOMM BLUETOOTH STACK. Sorry for the caps, but after being on that aptX thread and trying to get it on bullhead for three weeks, I don't want people to waste their time doing the same.

Reactions: andrewia

oakley470

Dec 27, 2011
This works well, but breaks cts with magisk because it cannot unmount this module when running magiskhide. Logs show everything working except for this module so it causes a cts mismatch

driverdis

Aug 11, 2010
This works well, but breaks cts with magisk because it cannot unmount this module when running magiskhide. Logs show everything working except for this module so it causes a cts mismatch

Interesting, on my OnePlus One I flashed the standard zip rather than the magisk module and I still pass CTS. I guess for people that can modify /system they should use the regular zip over the magisk module to pass SsfetyNet.

I am on Resurrection Remix (7.1.1) using Boeffla Kernel.

ebrijesh

Feb 1, 2017
Interesting, on my OnePlus One I flashed the standard zip rather than the magisk module and I still pass CTS. I guess for people that can modify /system they should use the regular zip over the magisk module to pass SsfetyNet.

I am on Resurrection Remix (7.1.1) using Boeffla Kernel.
Which standard zip you are talking about?
Can I have link?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

driverdis

Aug 11, 2010
Can I have link?

Kinda late, but here is the thread link. use the attached "aptXHD.zip" (NOT aptXHD-system.zip, that is for nexus phones)
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/themes/mod-aptx-codec-t3521228

Oneplus One users should use the attached "aptx.zip"
Oneplus Two users should use the attached "aptXHD.zip"
Oneplus 3/3T users should use the attached "aptXHD.zip"

This will allow for CTS pass unlike the Magisk module (which fails CTS due to not being unloaded correctly)

androidfux

Sep 12, 2012
Tried on OnePlus 3T with Oxygen OS 4.1.6 and Magisk 12 - seems not to be working, though.

Code:
06-16 21:55:13.067  6359  6453 E bt_btif : bta_av_select_codec hdl = 65
06-16 21:55:13.067  6359  6453 I bt_btif_media: btif_a2dp_encoder_init Selected Codec SBC

Any ideas? Or has somebody it working with 4.1.6?

nachomagic

Jun 15, 2010
Hi mates

Why is not the module i the magisk repository?

Thanks

Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS STILL BETA.

This Magisk module should enable the aptX Bluetooth codec on OnePlus 3(T). It may very well work on other devices with Qualcomm processors. It should work on Nougat but there are reports it may work on Marshmallow, too.

This module is based on the work of @dh.harald and @dr_root. Please see this thread for more info: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/themes/mod-aptx-codec-t3521228

I turned this into a Magisk module so you should benefit from an easy and systemless install.

I lack the proper hardware to test this. Please test and give feedback.

It's free. Hit the THANKS button if you like it.
    I confirm this works on OnePlus One using LineageOs 14.1. To see if it works, just use Logcat and search for "aptx".
    Can I have link?

Kinda late, but here is the thread link. use the attached "aptXHD.zip" (NOT aptXHD-system.zip, that is for nexus phones)
    https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-3/themes/mod-aptx-codec-t3521228

Oneplus One users should use the attached "aptx.zip"
    Oneplus Two users should use the attached "aptXHD.zip"
    Oneplus 3/3T users should use the attached "aptXHD.zip"

This will allow for CTS pass unlike the Magisk module (which fails CTS due to not being unloaded correctly)
    This works on Magisk 10.2 regardless of phone. If you go to it's actual thread, you'll see people have reported this working on other phones apart from OnePlus 3.

It only works for phones that OFFICIALLY HAVE SUPPORT and or ARE USING QUALCOMM BLUETOOTH STACK. Sorry for the caps, but after being on that aptX thread and trying to get it on bullhead for three weeks, I don't want people to waste their time doing the same.
    I think Oneplus already added apt-X in their official ROMs.