• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Magisk module] OnePlus launcher modded to add Google Feed

Search This thread

Will008

May 8, 2014
Problem with custom launchers at this point is they don't work with P gestures. Sliding left and right is very buggy
Oh didn't know that. I use the OP gestures, I hate the P gestures.

Don't see much of a point in the stock P gestures as they kept the navigation bar that negates the point of just using gestures instead of buttons. They practically just removed the recents dedicated button, left some blank space in the still existing navigation bar, and made the home button have two jobs now.

Well I know ppl that love the p gestures so that's just my opinion.

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Oh didn't know that. I use the OP gestures, I hate the P gestures.

Don't see much of a point in the stock P gestures as they kept the navigation bar that negates the point of just using gestures instead of buttons. They practically just removed the recents dedicated button, left some blank space in the still existing navigation bar, and made the home button have two jobs now.

Well I know ppl that love the p gestures so that's just my opinion.

Only reason I use them is it's very easy to switch to previous app, unlike OP gestures. Wish Oneplus made their gestures customizeable!

Will008

May 8, 2014
Only reason I use them is it's very easy to switch to previous app, unlike OP gestures. Wish Oneplus made their gestures customizeable!
There's an app called OnePlus gestures. You can remap the one plus gestures with extra ones, like you can map the swiping up from right to switch to previous app and swipe and hold for recents while swiping from middle is home and from left is back. I tried it but it didn't work, I guess its not updated for P yet. If it works it would be awesome though.

Reactions: xxBrun0xx

Will008

May 8, 2014
@xxBrun0xx
I had some time now to play around with the OP gestures app. You can add extra gestures to do a whole bunch of stuff , pics below.

Working pretty good so far for quickly toggling "previous app" and assistant from any screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180930-223913.jpg
    Screenshot_20180930-223913.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 833
  • Screenshot_20180930-223932.jpg
    Screenshot_20180930-223932.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:

virajmalia

Nov 24, 2012
Mumbai
The module does not seem to work for me. I have a different column layout. Tried with shelf enabled and disabled. Also tried uninstalling and installing the module. Tried force close launcher, reboot. Everything. Any suggestions?

Sep 26, 2018
If u r on pie, go to settings->apps->OnePlus launcher and uninstall all updates. Make sure to make a backup of launcher with OnePlus switch.
After u uninstall updates go to homescreen. Swipe left if u get feed. Gr8. U'll notice, ur icons r missing. Restore OnePlus launcher with OnePlus switch. Voìla!

OP launcher version that this module works with: 3.0.0

Reactions: mriggs82

mriggs82

Nov 11, 2013
If u r on pie, go to settings->apps->OnePlus launcher and uninstall all updates. Make sure to make a backup of launcher with OnePlus switch.
After u uninstall updates go to homescreen. Swipe left if u get feed. Gr8. U'll notice, ur icons r missing. Restore OnePlus launcher with OnePlus switch. Voìla!

Thank you sir, works perfectly.

Fra99G2

May 2, 2016

lAndroXl

Jan 11, 2014
Seekirchen am Wallersee
Hey stian230 and paphonb,
today I installed lastest Oxygen beta with OnePlus Launcher 3.0.2 and I'm having a strange issue.
All app names have a buggy layout and also setting seems that have some problems
I upload some screenshots for let you understand what I have

https://images2.imgbox.com/76/cf/ZJT2DtpS_o.jpg
https://images2.imgbox.com/0d/e6/qqKhL2LL_o.jpg
https://images2.imgbox.com/a9/97/chxJUDRz_o.jpg

I hope you will continue this amazing mod :)

Thank you for your mod :D

The same hapend to me. This mod also breaks the look of the recent apps in other launchers.

Here's a video with what happend:
https://youtu.be/wYgqBgKGqtY

Hope the dev fixes that soon :)

Last edited:

matrx10503

Feb 3, 2010
La

IDK....about this

Edit: This workaround works

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Feed OnePlus Launcher

OnePlus-6T-T-Mobile-Launcher-534x1024.jpg

Original article by XDA:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-launcher-oneplus-6-google-feed/

UPDATED !
    aer0zer0;81888071 [user=8714092 said:
    @DanGLES3[/user] is the hero you need. We were poking around in the launcher smali, and he figured out google left is tied to a prop.mod

ro.build.mea=1

This will activate google left, DT2S works as it should, and no real side effects (you may notice some stuff missing in the about phone section, but it appears cosmetic, or it may be just me)

I've made a magisk mod to simplify it. Just uninstall anything related to making left work, update to the latest OOS launcher in the playstore, flash the mod and reboot.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261733689

Huge thanks to @aer0zer0 and @DanGLES3

Instructions:

* Uninstall previously GoogleFeed modules and update Launcher in Play store.
    * Install OOSLeft_V1.zip.
    * Now you can updates the launcher from Play with out losing Google Feed:good:

Instructions for Android 9

1. Download the module flash it and reboot .

2. Go to Google play store and uninstall OnePlus launcher and disable auto-update.

3. Hit the home button.

Tip: If you want to keep the same layout of your homescreen from the original launcher, use OnePlus Switch application to backup OnePlus Launcher and after you have the modded launcher with Google Feed installed, do a restore for OnePlus Launcher from OnePlus Switch, worked like a charm. Avoids having to re-do the entire homescreen layout or app folders.

Credits :
    @paphonb
    @Skittles9823
    @sd3993
    @aer0zer0
    @DanGLES3
    @DanGLES3 is the hero you need. We were poking around in the launcher smali, and he figured out google left is tied to a prop.mod

ro.build.mea=1

This will activate google left, DT2S works as it should, and no real side effects (you may notice some stuff missing in the about phone section, but it appears cosmetic, or it may be just me)

I've made a magisk mod to simplify it. Just uninstall anything related to making left work, update to the latest OOS launcher in the playstore, flash the mod and reboot.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261733689
    V3.4.0

Hi! Here is the new version! :D
    I have modded the Launcher apk 3.3.2 myself!

Have fun with it!
    Could you please update it to the latest version of 3.3.2View attachment 4749988

Here you go! ;)