[MAGISK MODULE] Pixel Stereo speakers magisk module

Search This thread

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013
When installing this mod, do I need to uninstall other audio mods? because I have Viper

Enviado desde mi Pixel XL mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

My SeLinux is indeed permissive, but the module definitely works!
Is a permissive kernel needed? I have elementary x kernel in evolution x rom

stifmaster81

Feb 27, 2013
When installing this mod, do I need to uninstall other audio mods? because I have Viper

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Is a permissive kernel needed? I have elementary x kernel in evolution x rom

Eo Eo Eo Eo

silverjuggler

Jan 12, 2021
Hi XDA, I reversed engineered chdloc's dual stereo speaker mod into a magisk module for simple and easy installation, it is simply just flash the module in magisk and profit! I will be uploading to the official repo soon, but here is the zip for now. Have fun!

The mod is NOT for loudness, @chdloc told me that if I try to make it louder, it would cause distortion with the speakers. This is why I included the pixel speaker ctrl app

The Permissive module is Required it is inside the download folder that you can navigate via the the link

If you are on an AOSP rom with the July patch, your SE linux may be permissive already, check in settings before flashing the permissive module

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JUiNXuEyeEPzbcqTdWpAW9tF_EJSyw26
Will this work with Android 11 roms?

silverjuggler

Jan 12, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210330-002649_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20210330-002649_Magisk.png
    322.8 KB · Views: 56

vtk_90

Jun 21, 2012
I got the same error on stock Pixel XL Android 10 (last update), but found a way to install it. That said, I cannot confirm if it's working coz it's too faint. Maybe I'll play around with the sound balancing next.

OP included a config.sh by master topjohnwu inside the zip file which you can customise. In it you'll find a code at the top few lines after # Unity Variables that has a recommended API level this module was made for. You can either increase the max API, or just comment it so that there is no limit.

To comment just add '#' in front of the code.

After tweaking it, repack the zip and copy it to your phone and install using Magisk from internal storage.
Didn't work on Pixel Experience Android 11 Marlin ROM

hashirama seju

Jul 3, 2018
I got the same error on stock Pixel XL Android 10 (last update), but found a way to install it. That said, I cannot confirm if it's working coz it's too faint. Maybe I'll play around with the sound balancing next.

OP included a config.sh by master topjohnwu inside the zip file which you can customise. In it you'll find a code at the top few lines after # Unity Variables that has a recommended API level this module was made for. You can either increase the max API, or just comment it so that there is no limit.

To comment just add '#' in front of the code.

After tweaking it, repack the zip and copy it to your phone and install using Magisk from internal storage.
can you upload the zip file after editing, i packed the zip file and flashed it but it failed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XDA, I reversed engineered chdloc's dual stereo speaker mod into a magisk module for simple and easy installation, it is simply just flash the module in magisk and profit! I will be uploading to the official repo soon, but here is the zip for now. Have fun!

The mod is NOT for loudness, @chdloc told me that if I try to make it louder, it would cause distortion with the speakers. This is why I included the pixel speaker ctrl app

The Permissive module is Required it is inside the download folder that you can navigate via the the link

If you are on an AOSP rom with the July patch, your SE linux may be permissive already, check in settings before flashing the permissive module

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JUiNXuEyeEPzbcqTdWpAW9tF_EJSyw26
    New build posted v2.5: fixed for sdk 28 and template updated to july version
    Good question. It's hard for me to tell if it's working or it's not. ?

I'll push out something today that will fix this low speaker issue, I forgot to make the stock xml file a .xml.bak
    UPDATE: v2.1, balanced the speakers (what everyone has been asking for) automatically on boot. No need to enter those commands anymore, currently working on v2.5 which starts the phone with stereo sound by default and v3.0 works with AML (Sneak peak, not here yet. This is my progression of updates to come)
    eyyy, update's out!