[Magisk][Module] Play Store Visa - Get your device certified with custom ROMs

Search This thread

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
Have you tried using just an IMEI number only?

Not IMEI as I said, it's the Google Services Framework ID (GSF). You can use this app to get it.

"If you are a User wanting to use custom ROMs on your device, please register your device by submitting your Google Services Framework Android ID (not Settings.Secure.ANDROID_ID or SSAID) below."

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
As said above, to support other device, we need the value of `ro.build.fingerprint` from a stock ROM.
I don't own other devices so I may not have chance to extract it. So we only need some contributions ;)

After I installed my play store displays 'Certified' however play store shows this for Netflix.

Is my device not compatible, or is this more likely due to xposed framework and not been able to pass safety net?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180523-053736.jpg
    Screenshot_20180523-053736.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018
After I installed my play store displays 'Certified' however play store shows this for Netflix.

Is my device not compatible, or is this more likely due to xposed framework and not been able to pass safety net?

Kindly Do The Following
- Download ClearPlayStoreWithServicesData4Magisk From This Thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-google-playstore-services-data-t3789498 & Flash It Thru Magisk Manager Then Reboot
- Wait About 15-30 Min. Then Check PlayStore Device Certification Status & Netflix From PlayStore
- If It Didnot Work, Did You Install BusyBox/Xposed? And If So, Disable/Uninstall BusyBox/Xposed --> Reboot
- Check Again The SafetyNet, PlayStore Device Certification Status & Netflix From PlayStore
- If It Didnot Work, Download SELinuxModeInverter4Magisk From This Thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/selinux-mode-inverter-t3775271 & Flash It Thru Magisk Manager Then Reboot
- Check Again The SafetyNet, PlayStore Device Certification Status & Netflix From PlayStore

Last edited:

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
Kindly Do The Following
- Download ClearPlayStoreWithServicesData4Magisk From This Thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-google-playstore-services-data-t3789498 & Flash It Thru Magisk Manager Then Reboot
- Wait About 15-30 Min. & Check PlayStore Device Certification Status & Netflix From PlayStore
- If It Didnot Work, Did You Install BusyBox/Xposed? And If So, Disable/Uninstall BusyBox/Xposed --> Reboot
- If It Didnot Work, Download SELinuxModeInverter4Magisk From This Thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/selinux-mode-inverter-t3775271 & Flash It Thru Magisk Manager Then Reboot

Wiley fox Swift 2 Plus

Working really well after your extra guidance, however its a long chain of switching off and uninstalling (The down side to having more things on your device that trip/trigger safety net fail)

Clearly Device registration of your Google Services Framework Android ID is still required to install future custom ROM's however this alone does not give device certified status so the module is a real advantage for custom ROM users after googles recent changes.

Attachments

• IMG_20180527_102045.jpg
    IMG_20180527_102045.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 374
  • Screenshot_20180527-101628.png
    Screenshot_20180527-101628.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Reactions: Dreamer(3MF)

theCroh

Dec 15, 2011
Oulu
Here's the fingerprint (I suppose [emoji3]) for the European 10 inch Mediapad M5 LTE:

ro.build.description=generic_a15-user 8.0.0 OPR6.170623.010 eng.root.20180409.213850 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/generic_a15/generic_a15:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.010/root04092138:user/test-keys

Sent from my CMR-AL09 using Tapatalk

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
Here's the fingerprint (I suppose [emoji3]) for the European 10 inch Mediapad M5 LTE:

ro.build.description=generic_a15-user 8.0.0 OPR6.170623.010 eng.root.20180409.213850 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=Huawei/generic_a15/generic_a15:8.0.0/OPR6.170623.010/root04092138:user/test-keys

Is that fingerprint for the uncertified status?

Mine is currently displays:

ro.build.fingerprint=Wileyfox/Swift2/marmite:7.1.2/N2G48B/0948f7e7c8:user/release-keys

Last edited:

theCroh

Dec 15, 2011
Oulu
Is that fingerprint for the uncertified status?

Mine is currently displays:

ro.build.fingerprint=Wileyfox/Swift2/marmite:7.1.2/N2G48B/0948f7e7c8:user/release-keys
That's from the latest official firmware that's available for CMR-AL09C432 in Finland. I have no idea, why it says test-keys. I've done nothing special with the device except rooted it with Magisk but I suppose that shouldn't modify build.prop in any way.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: image45

braschlosan

Sep 11, 2009
And as a side note, about the CTS profile test:
Changing the device fingerprint is only one part of making a device pass. That causes the devices to be recognised as a certified device with trusted software, even if the manufacturer hasn't certified the device or if you've installed a custom ROM (both would normally cause ctsProfile to be false). It will also report false if your bootloader is unlocked or if you've rooted your device, but both of these will be taken care of by MagiskHide. Xposed will of course also cause issues, but for the ctsProfile check this can actually be fooled by the No Device Check Xposed module. It'll still cause a basic integrity failure though, and be detected in other ways.

I'll be back...
Have you found away to pass integrity while xposed us active?

techdevelopersv

Jun 22, 2015
zuk z1

add this too please.
device is lenovo zuk z1

ro.build.description=ham-userdebug 6.0.1 MOB31E db4a8f6087 test-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=zuk/ham/Z1 : 6.0.1/MOB31E/db4a8f6087 : userdebug/test-keys

virmoine

Mar 5, 2017
Hi ! If you Can make for this phone please :)

Ro.build.description : full_s2_plus-user 6.0 HEXCNFN5902812161S 1513359015 release-keys

Rob.build.fingerprint : LeEco/Le2_CN1/le_x6:6.0/HEXCNFN5902812161S/1513359015:user/release-keys

Thanks

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018

image45

Nov 16, 2014
York
General Steps For Using Netflix, Check This Post https://forum.xda-developers.com/ap...laystore-services-data-t3789498/post76682978.
Magisk-v16.4 Is Not Suitable For Most Of Us To Use Due To Many Issues So That Flash Its Replacement Magisk-v16.3.1(ThePatchedBinary) From This Link https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962339331458996616 Or Magisk-v16.3 (Instead Of Magisk-v16.4).

Is their a hard and fast set of rules that you need in place to view and download the Netflix app on play store.

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018
By current ro.build.fingerprint=Wileyfox/Swift2/marmite:7.1.2/N2G48B/0948f7e7c8:user/release-keys

Has the module changed this in anyway from the original build prop?

This Module Doesn't Support Your Device Currently Which Means That It Hasn't Any Effect On Your Device.
N.B. This Module Doesn't Change The Values Permanently So That If You Don't Observe Any Effect, Uninstall It From Magisk Manager Then Reboot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kindly Do The Following
    - Wait About 15-30 Min. Then Check PlayStore Device Certification Status & Netflix From PlayStore
    Introduction

Fix UNCERTIFIED status in Play Store for OP2/OP3/Note4 and maybe more.

Uncertified status may lead to some restrictions on specific apps (saying Netflix). It is not only judged by SafetyNet status but also some build props in your ROM. So this module does NOT may or may not help you to pass SafetyNet.
    More specifically, to pass SafetyNet, if you are on a custom ROM/Kernel,
    • a patch in your kernel like this is REQUIRED (maybe optional because of MagiskHide?)
    • If you are on stock ROM or other ROMs that enabled dm-verity, never touch system part.
    • SELinux is always enforcing

Installation

Search for "Play Store Visa" in Magisk Manager or download at Github.

Support for New Devices

This module made it by injecting proper build fingerprint properties per device, most commonly ro.build.fingerprint. So device support is highly dependent on a working build fingerprint from a certified stock ROM. You can test and find a combination by your own and add to service.sh accordingly.

I used to find those fingerprints hard to search around. Although one fingerprint may work for all devices of a kind, but people barely shares it. Pull requests are very welcomed so we may help one another! ;)

Define: a working fingerprint
    For the time being, I test the prop edits working by:
    • clean data of Play Store
    • reboot for the module to apply (or invoke resetprop through adb)
    • open and check certification status in settings. (may have some delay)
    • search for Netflix in Play Store.
    If you can see Netflix in search results after wiping store's data, then your props edits are good to go!

Enjoy;)

Q&A
    Q:
    Only for OP2/OP3/note4? Not support for other device?

A:
    To support other device, we need the value of `ro.build.fingerprint` from a stock ROM. I don't own other devices so I may not have chance to extract it. Contributions are welcomed, and I may search for other useful ones in the future..

Q:
    What's the difference between this module and this one?

A:
    We both solved part of the problem, see my explanation below. I'm happy to contribution my parts, if necessary, to prevent reinventing the wheels.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Play Store Visa, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    ttimasdf
    Source Code: https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/playstore_certification_bypass

Version Information

Created 2018-03-26
    Last Updated 2018-03-31
    Have you found away to pass integrity while xposed us active?

I've never been looking for it... Greater minds than mine have tried to find a way though, and deemed it impossible with how Xposed currently works.
    Oh, I know that module but didn't read it's doc until you mentioned. In a word, the same solution for different questions.

My problems is, my ctsProfile is True for my phone but I cannot get Netflix from the store. But after some props edit it just works :p so I published my solution. Maybe I could make a PR into it

Your project goes a lot further than mine but I didn't notice it as a key to my problem :silly:

From my finding, SafetyNet ctsProfile seems to rely solely on ro.build.fingerprint and the "certified" status does the same. The rom I used on Note4 patched the fingerprint and passed SafetyNet from the very beginning.

But Play Store seems to have more verifications on other build props, in my case, ro.build.version.release, ro.build.version.incremental to match the ones in fingerprint. The patch I used for OP3 did not patched them (for I have no time to inspect) so I passed SN, get certified, but still cannot search for Netflix. I don't know it's a more strict policy enforced by Netflix or Google but it makes the certification imperfect. Maybe we shall look into this together :p

Hm... I'm wondering. From what I've tested and seen reported, all that is needed is to pass SafetyNet for your device to be certified. On that we're on the same page though.

I've also seen reported (and experienced) that even after getting your device certified in the Play Store, it can take several reboots and/or up to a whole day before the apps that rely on the certification status (Netflix, etc) to show up/install. Could it be that you were simply experiencing a delay when you couldn't install Netflix? It's possible that any other props are part of the new Gapps blocking on uncertified devices, but somehow I don't think so... I will do more research and report back.

And as a side note, about the CTS profile test:
    Changing the device fingerprint is only one part of making a device pass. That causes the devices to be recognised as a certified device with trusted software, even if the manufacturer hasn't certified the device or if you've installed a custom ROM (both would normally cause ctsProfile to be false). It will also report false if your bootloader is unlocked or if you've rooted your device, but both of these will be taken care of by MagiskHide. Xposed will of course also cause issues, but for the ctsProfile check this can actually be fooled by the No Device Check Xposed module. It'll still cause a basic integrity failure though, and be detected in other ways.

I'll be back...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone