[Magisk][Module] su xbin_bind v1.2-20170417

laggardkernel

Dec 1, 2016
Intro

Expose your su to standard location /system/xbin/su systemless-ly.
Though it helps grant root permission to some apps, this trick breaks safetynet.

Just made a simple module try to solve the /sbin/su not detectable problem. This module will look for existing su binary, and create a link as /magisk/su_xbin_bind/system/xbin/su pointing to the real su. The link will also be mounted as /system/xbin/su systemless-ly later.

Installation
Flash it in Magisk manager or through recovery, then reboot. You will find a link /system/xbin/su. All the work is done systemless-ly.

Uninstallation
Open Magisk Manager, go to Modules, disable or uninstall the module called "Su xbin_bind". Then it will disappear after reboot.

su-xbin-bind on github

Changelog

v1.2 20170417
Add Magisk v12 support.

v1.1 20170323
- make it compatible with Magisk v11.5/11.6

Update 20170228
- Since a little syntax error in the mounting script from Magisk v11.0-v11.5, mounting links systemless-ly won't success. Hence we choose to copy but not to link the su binary for v11.0-v11.5. Don't worry, both methods are systemless.

Attachments

Last edited:

leonardus_magnus

Jan 9, 2015
Reactions: bkkzak and ysllan

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016

Xennet

Nov 21, 2016
Oh c'mon, you cannot be serious... On Xda forums you have threads with hundreds of pages and I would admit you did not read all of them... but your answer has already been replied on post n. 4 in this page... I can' believe it...
Yah i saw it lol....
But magisk usually dismounts xbin folder...
Then it unusual to get it detected unless it is physically present der...
So just wanted to confirm it before flashing...

chaoscreater

Jun 7, 2009
Auckland
Unfortunately, doesn't fix the Titanium Backup issue (freezing or restoring app) for me on Galaxy S6 Android 6.0. This also broke SafetyNet for me, even after uninstalling the module from Xposed and rebooted.

laggardkernel

Dec 1, 2016
Unfortunately, doesn't fix the Titanium Backup issue (freezing or restoring app) for me on Galaxy S6 Android 6.0. This also broke SafetyNet for me, even after uninstalling the module from Xposed and rebooted.
If you mean you are using xposed, obviously safetynet will be broken. MagiskHide couldn't hide xposed.
This module tries to fix the su detectable problem. If your titanium backup could get root permission after installing the module, it means the module worked.

hachiroku

Jan 28, 2008
Hello, I flashed this without error and titanium backup as well as ES file explorer both report I do not have root. Magisk v12 states i do have root.

nevermind...i realized Magisk SU isn't installed as it didn't auto install. I had installed phh's superuser r266-2.

proceeded to rewipe and reflash everything.
Nexus 6P
[ROM][6P][7.1.2_r8]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[05/09/17]
ex 4.09
Magisk v13 beta

no issues and all superuser root requests appear.

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone