Magisk Module Systemless Debloater (REPLACE)

Search This thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Systemless Debloater updated to v1.45:

1) If you use new Magisk Canary 23017+ or Alpha 23016+, you will see the Update icon/link in the new Magisk app, Modules section

2) If you use Fox Magisk module manager (Fox Mmm), you will see the icon/link to this thread in XDA

See the screenshots

---

Select and debloat preinstalled system apps. Supported up to SAR, Dynamic partitions and A12. Module must be installed through Magisk app, not TWRP - see instructions in the OP posts in this thread

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: ipdev and onimorza

RMX3370

Please If possible update the script to add debloat from custom locations for example
In Realme Devices with dynamic Parttitons
It has system apps in various partitions
Examples
/my_product/app/OplusLocationServiceForeign/OplusLocationServiceForeign.apk
/my_product/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleHEXAGON.apk
/my_heytap/app/Chrome/Chrome.apk
/my_heytap/app/YouTube/YouTube.apk
/my_heytap/priv-app/GmsCore/GmsCore.apk
/my_heytap/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk
/my_preload/del-app/com.spotify.music/com.spotify.music.apk
/my_region/app/Google_Messages/Google_Messages.apk
Proposed solution
Allow adding custom directories
Or direct path to .apk to be removed

For example entering
my_heytap/priv-app/Velvet/Velvet.apk in /storage/emulated/0/Download/SystemlessDebloaterList.sh
Should remove it using magisk replace on next boot

Attachments

• SystemlessDebloater.log
    721 bytes · Views: 5
  • SystemlessDebloaterList.sh
    1.2 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: ipdev

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Please If possible update the script to add debloat from custom locations for example
In Realme Devices with dynamic Parttitons
It has system apps in various partitions
Examples
/my_product/app/OplusLocationServiceForeign/OplusLocationServiceForeign.apk
/my_product/priv-app/HotwordEnrollmentOKGoogleHEXAGON.apk
/my_heytap/app/Chrome/Chrome.apk
/my_heytap/app/YouTube/YouTube.apk
/my_heytap/priv-app/GmsCore/GmsCore.apk
/my_heytap/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk
/my_preload/del-app/com.spotify.music/com.spotify.music.apk
/my_region/app/Google_Messages/Google_Messages.apk
Proposed solution
Allow adding custom directories
Or direct path to .apk to be removed

For example entering
my_heytap/priv-app/Velvet/Velvet.apk in /storage/emulated/0/Download/SystemlessDebloaterList.sh
Should remove it using magisk replace on next boot
Could you please 'install' the module again with the attached input file

Verbose logging enabled:
VerboseLog="true"

And please share the log

Attachments

94 bytes · Views: 14

RMX3370

Could you please 'install' the module again with the attached input file

Verbose logging enabled:
VerboseLog="true"

And please share the log
Module is able to remove / replace files from these directories
/system/system_ext/app/ /system/system_ext/priv-app/ /system/app /system/priv-app /product/app /vendor/app

But fails to do so in
/my_carrier/app /my_carrier/priv-app /my_heytap/app /my_heytap/priv-app /my_product/app /my_product/priv-app /my_region/app /my_region/priv-app /my_stock/app /my_stock/priv-app

Attachments

• systemless debloater files.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: ipdev

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Module is able to remove / replace files from these directories
/system/system_ext/app/ /system/system_ext/priv-app/ /system/app /system/priv-app /product/app /vendor/app

But fails to do so in
/my_carrier/app /my_carrier/priv-app /my_heytap/app /my_heytap/priv-app /my_product/app /my_product/priv-app /my_region/app /my_region/priv-app /my_stock/app /my_stock/priv-app
Module has Readme file and it precisely describes (also the OP posts above) from which partitions it currently deblotes

Hence yes, it does not debloat from some /my* partitions - I could consider to extend the module in future

What is your phone, ROM, Android version coming with those /my* partitions?

Also, module is case sensitive (intentionally) when it looks for the apps.
Check your LOG file, and search for the apps it didn't debloat.
You will see that you have Stk (but not STK) on your /system_ext, hence simply rename STK in the sh input script to Stk and 'install' thenmodule again, it will also debloat Stk

There are maybe more system apps (in the supported partitions) you could find their exeact nanes in the log, correct in the input sh and run again

PS:
Do you really want to debloat GmsCore?
Seems to be Google Play Services:
GmsCore.apk=com.google.android.gms
It would affect GApps and SafetyNet

Generally, you debloat on your own risk (it's Systemless debloating, hence just disabling the module and rebooting reverts to un-debloated state). Of course, currently you cannot debloat GmsCore since it's on your /my_heytap partition

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev and Uluru25

RMX3370

Module has Readme file and it precisely describes (also the OP posts above) from which partitions it currently deblotes

Hence yes, it does not debloat from some /my* partitions - I could consider to extend the module in future

What is your phone, ROM, Android version coming with those /my* partitions?

Also, module is case sensitive (intentionally) when it looks for the apps.
Check your LOG file, and search for the apps it didn't debloat.
You will see that you have Stk (but not STK) on your /system_ext, hence simply rename STK in the sh input script to Stk and 'install' thenmodule again, it will also debloat Stk

There are maybe more system apps (in the supported partitions) you could find their exeact nanes in the log, correct in the input sh and run again

PS:
Do you really want to debloat GmsCore?
Seems to be Google Play Services:
GmsCore.apk=com.google.android.gms
It would affect GApps and SafetyNet

Generally, you debloat on your own risk (it's Systemless debloating, hence just disabling the module and rebooting reverts to un-debloated state). Of course, currently you cannot debloat GmsCore since it's on your /my_heytap partition
Realme GT NEO 2 , Launched with Android 11 RUI 2.0 has super/dynamic partition
I want to remove all google apps no , till custom ROM is available for my device so I can use microG
I hope in future module can remove all system apps even if they are not in standard directories because most OEMs now don't follow rules and they will fill bloatware in the most unreachable directory

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Realme GT NEO 2 , Launched with Android 11 RUI 2.0 has super/dynamic partition
I want to remove all google apps no , till custom ROM is available for my device so I can use microG
I hope in future module can remove all system apps even if they are not in standard directories because most OEMs now don't follow rules and they will fill bloatware in the most unreachable directory
Not sure if
/my_heytap
/my_product
/my_region
/my_stock

are properly supported by Magisk for REPLACE mechanism

I'll send you an experimental version - please check your PM, test and respond there

PS:
Unfortunately REPLACE mechanism in Magisk did not work for the given /my_* partitions, but the new SystemlessDebloater v1.4.6 was released, supporting configurable list of SAR partitions/file-systems to debloat

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev and RMX3370

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Systemless Debloater is now available from the relatively new Alt(ernative) Repo:
- for easy finding and installations through Fox Magisk Module Manager app

Also, in future, whenevernmodule would be updated, you would be able to update it directly through Magisk v24 app - as on the screenshots

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: ipdev and dr4go

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Debloated my brand new Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE, MIUI 12.5, A11, SAR, Dynamic Partitions, A/B device

Debloated 40+ system apps, no problem.
SystemlessDebloaterInput.sh is attached - remove Facebook, GMail and so from my list if you use those apps

Btw, I debloat the stock YouTube because I need an older version of YT app for Vanced YT root

Attachments

1.1 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: ipdev and Uluru25

Techguy777

I'm not going to lie the terminal module was so much easier to use. I haven't looked through the whole thread yet but the dynamic partitions or super img are now set up with vendor apps system product apps system product private apps and I believe even a couple others like system_ext apps which I am sure people won't want to uninstall they seem important. But the problem is I don't understand how your module will find apps that aren't in system and system private apps. I'm having troubles like people I see . I'm just trying to test it with calculator app or Google maps in system products apps section and it won't find them.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I'm not going to lie the terminal module was so much easier to use. I haven't looked through the whole thread yet but the dynamic partitions or super img are now set up with vendor apps system product apps system product private apps and I believe even a couple others like system_ext apps which I am sure people won't want to uninstall they seem important. But the problem is I don't understand how your module will find apps that aren't in system and system private apps. I'm having troubles like people I see . I'm just trying to test it with calculator app or Google maps in system products apps section and it won't find them.
Names of the apps must be provided exactly

Nevertheless, you can run once, inspect the log file, correct the input list and try again

---

Pls put the attached
SystemlessDebloaterList.sh

to your /Download folder,
install the module again
and provide back the resulting
SystemlessDebloater.log

---

Btw, be aware of two facts:

1) On the new devices with read-only filesystem on the /system, not even TWRP could write/delete over the /system - you can only make changes in the Systemless manner

2) On the new SAR A/B devices there is no separate Recovery partition but custom recovery must be flashed to Boot - however, Magisk also flashes to boot (patch and flash), hence you could not have permanent TWRP with Magisk in parallel

Attachments

50 bytes · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: Uluru25

Techguy777

Nevertheless, you can run once, inspect the log file, correct the input list and try again

---

Pls put the attached

install the module again
SystemlessDebloater.log

---

1) On the new devices with read-only filesystem on the /system, not even TWRP could write/delete over the /system - you can only make changes in the Systemless manner

2) On the new SAR A/B devices there is no separate Recovery partition but custom recovery must be flashed to Boot - however, Magisk also flashes to boot (patch and flash), hence you could not have permanent TWRP with Magisk in parallel
This is my file I made inside downloads folder do you understand what I did wrong or nothttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1COpuJbSJDKyiejF9VTHXS27uB9NYleRQ/view?
usp=drivesdk

Techguy777

---

Pls put the attached

install the module again
SystemlessDebloater.log

---

Give me the file with those 2 apps to flash and I will see what I did wrong. Setup a file that should work and I Will download it and then flash the module again and see if it works. Because the one you already gave doesn't work either. So I don't understand what the hell it is. I'm supposed to. I'm doing everything. Give me the file all set up so I can flash it and then I can see and compare it to the one I have

Techguy777

---

Pls put the attached

install the module again
SystemlessDebloater.log

---

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
....On the new devices with read-only filesystem on the /system, not even TWRP could write/delete over the /system....
there is a twrp available for poco x3 with a feature that runs a script that turns rom to r/w. also, seems there is a separate zip file (systemrw_1.32_flashable.zip) for that on 4pda. just an fyi.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Please, before wasting time, read the OP posts at the beginning of the thread

OP instructions clearly say that SystemlessDebloaterLust.sh must be in Download folder, not your subfolder or something

And your log also says that input file was not found (line 10):
>>Input file not found, creating a template file!

I GAVE YOU THE INPUT FILE you had to use, but you had to USE IT PROPERLY (proper path) - then it would debloat and/or we would see from the log file if/why not

If not following instructions, it can't work

PS: You need the input sh file in /Download folder (not subfolders or any other place) ONLY when you're 'installing' the module (first time or later when you're changing the stock apps to debloat)

After that, you can inspect the log file (it's very simple, don't hesitate to open and read), and if you need, adapt your sh file and 'install' again

Once you are finished (and rebooted), you can delete both the sh file and log - better back-up to some place, for future if/when you would like to change your debloating

After the successful installation, module does no more need the sh file and log (if they bother you seeing them in Download folder)

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016

Techguy777

Please, before wasting time, read the OP posts at the beginning of the thread

OP instructions clearly say that SystemlessDebloaterLust.sh must be in Download folder, not your subfolder or something

And your log also says that input file was not found (line 10):
>>Input file not found, creating a template file!

I GAVE YOU THE INPUT FILE you had to use, but you had to USE IT PROPERLY (proper path) - then it would debloat and/or we would see from the log file if/why not

If not following instructions, it can't work

PS: You need the input sh file in /Download folder (not subfolders or any other place) ONLY when you're 'installing' the module (first time or later when you're changing the stock apps to debloat)

After that, you can inspect the log file (it's very simple, don't hesitate to open and read), and if you need, adapt your sh file and 'install' again

Once you are finished (and rebooted), you can delete both the sh file and log - better back-up to some place, for future if/when you would like to change your debloating

After the successful installation, module does no more need the sh file and log (if they bother you seeing them in Download folder)
Are you all there? When I flash your module it puts the files in the download folder and that's where they stay I don't move them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magisk Module Systemless Debloater (REPLACE)

*** Yet another System(less) debloater, how and why?

- Systemless means that all changes made are active only when Magisk is loaded and module is enabled.
    For OTA or anything, you just disable the module (or boot without Magisk) and your system partitions are no more affected

- Mi 9T was originally released with Android 9, hence without dynamic partitions and although it is SAR (System as Root), System partition is not read-only.
    Therefore, with the right TWRP or root explorer, one can still permanently delete the stock system apps.
    Edit: With Android 11 (e.g. Xiaom.eu, MIUI A11, System is read-only).

This is no more possible for the phones released with Android 10 and new Android 11.
    System becomes read-only, and to debloat stock apps one can only use systemless approach - use of Magisk to dynamically overlay changes at the boot time

- The module debloates only (stock) apps pre-installed to /system, /product, /vendor and /india - by virtue of Magisk REPLACE mechanism and mounting.
    Hence sorry, to debloat user apps installed to Data, please use the other methods

- Thread is posted here under Xiaomi Mi 9T and I have originally tested with MIUI 12.0.2 eea (Android 10, MIUI 12).
    Edit: For the last 9 months I'm running and successfully using this module on Xiaomi.eu, Stable and Weeklies, Android 11 and MIUI 12.1/12.5/12.6

However, module relies on the commmon Magisk overlay mechanism and the module is configurable with the list of apps to be debloated - hence you can also use it for the other Xiaomi and more generally, other Android devices (even for custom ROMs if you want to debloat their preinstalled system apps).
    To (re)configure the list of apps for debloating, simply open (textual) /Download/SystemlessDebloaterList.sh file (module will install the file) on Internal memory, (re)configure your list of stock apps to debloat, reinstall the module (always through Magisk Manager, not TWRP) and reboot.
    You only need to provide the proper names (not package names) for the preinstalled system apps, module will find their exact /system paths

- Below you can find the list of fifty apps I safely debloat on my Xiaomi (they include some apps the other users may like to keep: GMail, Wellbeing, Turbo, etc.) and you, as the end user has to fill your own list of apps you want to debloat on your phone.
    Hence the user bears risks and responsibilty, while Troubleshooting section below covers the instructions how to recover, even from the bootloop cases.
    Nevertheless, whenever you want to debloat some service/app you are unfamiliar with its name, google first to find what is that app really for and what the other people say who similarly decided to debloat the same app (on your or another phone and maybe by other methods, it doesn't matter).
    Don't be afraid of the module and debloating, but be cautious

- There are some other systemless debloaters but made to debloat by mounting a dummy apk file to the preinstalled stock apps.
    However, it was later discovered that it may cause Basic Integrity (part of SafetyNet attest) to fail.
    Particularly, I tested on my Mi 9T and found that mounting (for my phone) to any /system/priv-app application, innevitably results with the Basic Integrity failure.
    This module does not use mount - instead, it fills the REPLACE var for Magisk Module Installer, Magisk Module Installer then prepares the module's system folder (pointing to the installation folders for apps to be debloated), and finally at every boot time Magisk will overlay that system folder to /systen without affecting the Basic Integrity

*** Installation

- Download the latest module from Github - scroll down, open Assets and find the latest v1.4.8 zip:
    https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Alt-Repo/SystemlessDebloater/releases/latest

- In Magisk Manager open Modules tab and take Install from storage, navigate to the downloaded SystemlessDebloater.zip (as is, do not unzip).
    Read what Magisk prints while installing and find the module's log in /Download/SystemlessDebloater.log file on Internal memory.
    For the end of installation (for any module), you must always reboot

- First time the module will not debloat anything - it will just create the input/configuration file //Download/SystemlessDebloaterList.sh on Internal memory.
    Open that configuration file, find the DebloatList="" and fill your list of app names, look at the commented out example you will find in the file

- Save the configuration file, reinstall the module and reboot.
    Inspect the log and consult the Troubleshooting section below if needed

- Also, you can scroll down in the SystemlessDebloater.log to the "System apps, not debloated" section and find e.g. a line:
    /system/app/Email (com.android.email)
    Then copy Email name (if you want to debloat the built-in Email app) into DebloatList in your SystemlessDebloaterList.sh file.
    (Easier and less error-prone than selecting the apps for debloating through Terminal app, as some asked for)

- Last but not the least: Once debloated, apps can be no more found (until you reconfigure or disable, or uninstall debloater) under Settings / Apps.
    If you want to clear space and delete their data, do Clear data before you debloat the apps.
    Moreover, before trying to debloate an app, look if you can Uninstall that app (in which case, it was a user and not the system app) from Settings / Apps.
    If Uninstall is not available, do Uninstall updates: Updates are installed to Data while SystemlessDebloater 'debloats' only from System, as a result the update from Data would still remain

*** Troubleshooting

- I have configured an application AbcXyz to debloat, but the app is still present?
    Check if you have missed to perform Uninstall / Uninstall updates from Settings, Apps - perform and reboot.
    Check if you have miss-spelled the application name - correct in the configuration file SystemlessDebloaterList.sh, save, reinstall the module and reboot.
    To help yourself, use e.g. Package Manager app (from Playstore) where you can search for the apps/services, find their names and their installation paths (to see are they System or Data apps)

- I have changed my mind and I want to un-debloat AbcXyz and to debloat instead Pqr-Uvz-123 app?
    No problem, reconfigure the list in SystemlessDebloaterList.sh, save, reinstall the module and reboot

- After a week or so, I realize that some functionalities on the phone are affected?
    Sorry, you had decided to debloat the wrong apps/services.
    Try to google out which app(s) you should have not debloated, reconfigure DebloatList, reinstall the module and reboot.
    Or disable the module (reinstall and reboot) to figure out was the problem really due to debloating

- Oops, I have a bootloop?
    If you have TWRP with the read/write access to Data, navigate to /data/adb/modules/SystemlessDebloater and by using Advanced / File explorer from TWRP, create a dummy file named disable (without extension) in that folder.
    Reboot and Magisk will boot with the particular module debloated (you can see then if the moduule was really responsible for the bootloop).
    Instead of dummy file named disable, put the remove dummy file to trigger Magisk to uninstall the module on next reboot (all that applies to any module possibly causing your bootloop).
    If proper TWRP is not available, boot to the Android Safe Mode - google for a key-combo to boot in, for my Xiaomi it takes (re)booting with Vol+ and Vol+ pressed simoultaneously.
    Don't do anything in Android safe mode but reboot then to 'normal' mode - Magisk will boot now with all the modules disabled (this method does not wotk for Magisk v20.4 or earlier).
    You will have to re-enable Magisk Hide (don't worry, your list of apps to hide from was not lost), re-enable the other modules, correct SystemlessDebloaterList.sh (and reinstall the module), and reboot.
    These two methods should be enough, for other (more complicated) you can search in XDA General Magisk thread

*** Enough for theory, install now and practice
    New version
    SystemlessDebloater_v1.3.9
    (see OP post #1 for download link)

Improved log file, now including also the list of all remaining/not-debloated system apps

---

Debloated Xiaomi Mi 9T, Xiaomi.eu 20.12.28, MIUI 12.5 / Android 11 beta with:

DebloatList="
    AndroidAutoStub
    BookmarkProvider
    Browser
    BTProductionLineTool
    Calculator
    CatchLog
    CneApp
    EasterEgg
    GoogleFeedback
    GooglePartnerSetup
    Health
    ims
    Joyose
    Lens
    MiMover
    MiPlayClient
    MiRecycle
    MiService
    MiuiBugReport
    MiuiDaemon
    mi_connect_service
    Notes
    PaymentService
    PersonalAssistant
    SoterService
    Stk
    TouchAssistant
    Traceur
    Velvet
    VsimCore
    WebViewGoogle
    wps-lite
    "
    Can I use this module on android 8 stock on my moto z2 play to debloat youtube app ? I want install youtube vanced but there is a stock youtube app and I don't know how uninstall. thanks.
    It should work.
    I have tested it on a few different devices.

Give it a try.

If all you want to deblote is YouTube.
    Make sure to uninstall the YouTube updates.
    On device choose the app info and uninstall updates.
    In PlayStore select the app and the uninstall option will remove updates.

All you need in your SystemlessDebloaterList.sh file is:
    Code:
    # Define a list of stock apps for debloating:
    DebloatList="YouTube
    "

I attached one for example.

Cheers. :cowboy:

PS.
    I use root Vanced. (YouTube and Music)
    Normally you can leave the system (per-installed) YouTube (and YT Music) alone.
    Android will find and use the newest version installed. ;)
    Thanks a lot to @ipdev for discussing and sharing ideas, encouraging and for successful testing on Xiaomi Poco F2 (debloater found most of the same MIUI apps as above) and OnePlus 5T

Also, thanks for your successful test on Pixel 3aXL with Android 11:
    Works on Pixel 3aXL. (Stock Android 11. Magisk canary.) ;)
    Attached the SystemlessDebloater.log from 3aXL.
    And the SystemlessDebloaterList.sh I use for testing. (remove the .txt)
    This is my file I made inside downloads folder do you understand what I did wrong or nothttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1COpuJbSJDKyiejF9VTHXS27uB9NYleRQ/view?
    usp=drivesdk

Give me the file with those 2 apps to flash and I will see what I did wrong. Setup a file that should work and I Will download it and then flash the module again and see if it works. Because the one you already gave doesn't work either. So I don't understand what the hell it is. I'm supposed to. I'm doing everything. Give me the file all set up so I can flash it and then I can see and compare it to the one I have
    I noticed the mistake when I was going to try your list file on my Pixel 6.
    Note: Calculator is CalculatorGooglePrebuilt on Google factory Pixel a12.​

Code:
    DebloatList=""
    Calculator
    Maps
    The module gave you that error becuase the DebloatList variable is empty.

The names have to be inside the double quotes ".
    Example(s).
    Code:
    DebloatList="
    Calculator
    CalculatorGooglePrebuilt
    Maps
    "
    or
    Code:
    DebloatList="Calculator