Magisk Module to Change QS Pulldown back to 9 Tiles

Search This thread

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
For stock only. This is built-into my clock mods and ADB bases.

Android 12
Uploaded 2-13-22
February update

------------------------------------------------------

Android 11
Uploaded 7-1-21

Stock

Active Edge Sense

-------------------------------------------------
If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
Feeling generous, send me a beer!
--------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
I don't understand which of those to use. Do they do more than just change to 9 quick-settings tiles?

How is it related to active-edge?

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I don't understand which of those to use. Do they do more than just change to 9 quick-settings tiles?

How is it related to active-edge?

If you are using Active Edge module/app you will need to delete the Active Edge module and flash this in it's place. It's ported from the Active Edge SystemUI and has both mods. The op of Active Edge gave me permission to do this.

Edit: op has been updated to explain differences.

Last edited:

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
If you are using Active Edge module/app you will need to delete the Active Edge module and flash this in it's place. It's ported from the Active Edge SystemUI and has both mods. The op of Active Edge gave me permission to do this.

Edit: op has been updated to explain differences.

Sadly Active Edge doesn't work for me even without this one...
If this is a module too, how about publishing it on the Magisk modules list?

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
No need to. This is firmware specific.

There are modules that are firmware specific...
According to what you wrote, this means that (suppose active edge module works) if I want to use active edge module , I actually have to remove it, and use yours instead, under "Stock Active Edge" , right?
How can I be up-to-date with it now?

Before, we had the active-edge module on Magisk, so it could get updated there.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
There are modules that are firmware specific...
According to what you wrote, this means that (suppose active edge module works) if I want to use active edge module , I actually have to remove it, and use yours instead, under "Stock Active Edge" , right?
How can I be up-to-date with it now?

Before, we had the active-edge module on Magisk, so it could get updated there.

You'd have to come back here for updated modules.

Senliast

Dec 31, 2014
Appreciate your work, but why did you do a Magisk module? It would be much more better if you decided to do an Xposed module, because then people could use more another mods that modify this part of system without have to replace files. Xposed is much more efficient, because it doesn't replace system files, but calls.

wrongway213

Recognized Dev & Contributor / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 27, 2014
Canton, OH
Google Pixel 7
Appreciate your work, but why did you do a Magisk module? It would be much more better if you decided to do an Xposed module, because then people could use more another mods that modify this part of system without have to replace files. Xposed is much more efficient, because it doesn't replace system files, but calls.

This is a really strange thing to say to a guy who has Magisk modules all over this section and no Xposed modules at all anywhere. It simply appears that he makes Magisk modules and doesn't make Xposed modules. Obviously, Magisk has a huge number more users than Xposed, so the idea that Magisk would be better is definitely not true to anyone who is not an Xposed user. Efficiency is probably less important than accessibility, as a mod is useless to one who cannot use it with their setup.

CyberpodS2

Mar 27, 2012
NE Pennsylvania Boonies

The vast majority of devs on here specifically call out Xposed, kernels and scripts ( in that order) as voiding the right to ask for help troubleshooting issues. While the last two seem to get a pass from many folks, Xposed almost always is requested to be uninstalled before folks will dedicate any time to help with a problem. Maybe unfair but it's always explained up front. For this reason I for one and I'm sure many other users just don't get into using it. As mentioned above, magisk has a much larger use base.

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
@Tulsadiver Awesome mod. I installed it my 4a. I was really cautious and disabled the Magisk Props module and rebooted before installing 9tiles because I was afraid that if I didn't the install would download the SystemUIGoogle apk for the Pixel 3a which I had set in Props module Force Basic attestation to pass CTS. My question is, did I need to be this cautious? Does your 9tiles installer look only at device fingerprint to identify the model and monthly patch version, or would these spoofed props in the screenshot make your installer download the 3a system ui?
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201002-132928.jpg
    Screenshot_20201002-132928.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 226

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@Tulsadiver Awesome mod. I installed it my 4a. I was really cautious and disabled the Magisk Props module and rebooted before installing 9tiles because I was afraid that if I didn't the install would download the SystemUIGoogle apk for the Pixel 3a which I had set in Props module Force Basic attestation to pass CTS. My question is, did I need to be this cautious? Does your 9tiles installer look only at device fingerprint to identify the model and monthly patch version, or would these spoofed props in the screenshot make your installer download the 3a system ui?
Thanks

This mod just contains the files for the Pixel 4 XL though I understand your caution. I believe Active Edge's module pulls a file bases on the build prop. Mine is not so sophisticated.
Edit: I see now where you said you had the Pixel 4a. I ran a quick mod for you that is Pixel 4a specific.

Attachments

• 9tiles.zip
    15.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
This mod just contains the files for the Pixel 4 XL though I understand your caution. I believe Active Edge's module pulls a file bases on the build prop. Mine is not so sophisticated.
Edit: I see now where you said you had the Pixel 4a. I ran a quick mod for you that is Pixel 4a specific.
Thanks for the reply. So my 4a is running fine on a modded 4XL SystemUIGoogle.apk? Wow. I wonder if this is going to keep working moving forward on new monthly patches.

buffal0b1ll

Sep 5, 2012
Baltimore
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 2 XL
Thanks for the 4a specific zip.
FYI this is where I found out about this mod and nowhere in the article does it even mention the 4xl. That's why I originally thought you were curling down device specific apks like Janny. https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/bring-back-9-tile-grid-android-11s-quick-settings-0340584/
Other Pixel 3 and 2 users might not be so lucky if they install as I was on 4a.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For stock only. This is built-into my clock mods and ADB bases.

Android 12
    Uploaded 2-13-22
    February update

------------------------------------------------------

Android 11
    Uploaded 7-1-21

Stock

Active Edge Sense

-------------------------------------------------
    If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
    Feeling generous, send me a beer!
    --------------------------------------------------
    March update has been uploaded.
    Doubtful. Someone would rather have 7, or 5, or (like I do), 4.

It's in my ADB mod. That's why I made it. So a person can customize his/her own to their liking. Each one of these mods have to go through a entire decompile, edit, recompile (sometimes multiple). Very time consuming and then have to be uploaded to afh, link copied and added to a forum. I try to help out all the Pixel phones plus others on request. I try to do the most common ones.
    Hi, just a heads up. Battery percentage is messed up after December update.
    Also after you take a screenshot, if you tap edit or share nothing happens.

If I disable the module, everything goes back to normal.

Pixel 4xl
    Screenshot_20201207-152126.png
    Can confirm that the battery icon/percentage is borked after the December update.