[Magisk Module] To put the LG V60 in high impedance mode

Search This thread

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
In MIXER_PATH_TAVIL.xml file look for "ESS DAC START". You can directly change the values as depicted below and then save the file. Once done, reboot. That's it.

DAC.jpg

If you are unable to perform the direct edit (as described above) then it can be easily done by a Magisk module.

Last edited:

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Try the attached Magisk module that is based on LG V40 MIXER_PATH_TAVIL. I believe the files are exactly the same between V40 and V50 (since they are both tuned by Meridian and use the same DTS surround algorithm).

Install it using Magisk as a module and reboot. You should be in high impedance mode.

Attachments

• LG V40 High Impedance .zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 54

Yonko Luffy

Aug 17, 2022
Try the attached Magisk module that is based on LG V40 MIXER_PATH_TAVIL. I believe the files are exactly the same between V40 and V50 (since they are both tuned by Meridian and use the same DTS surround algorithm).

Install it using Magisk as a module and reboot. You should be in high impedance mode.
How will I know if I'm in high impedance mode?

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
If you turn the DAC off and then on, does the volume increase? Also, can you tell me which LG V50 you have i.e., which carrier version.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
That is not supposed to happen. And you are fully and correctly rooted? The root checker app confirm that, right? At least V60 should trigger the high impedance mode since the file is the phone specific.

What other Magisk modules are installed, if any?

Yonko Luffy

Aug 17, 2022
That is not supposed to happen. And you are fully and correctly rooted? The root checker app confirm that, right? At least V60 should trigger the high impedance mode since the file is the phone specific.

What other Magisk modules are installed, if any?
I'm rooted I've checked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230318-004612.png
    Screenshot_20230318-004612.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20230318-004619.png
    Screenshot_20230318-004619.png
    253.3 KB · Views: 64

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
I think I know exactly what your problem is. Please uninstall the AML and Audio compatibility patch. Download the AML that is in the first message in this thread (where you got the Mixer module). I had to modify the original AML because @Zackptg5 deactivated the MIXER_PATH in his original script code.

So uninstall the AML and ACP modules of Magisk. Also uninstall all the modules.

Now install first the high impedance modules (for V60 and V50). Remember they are two separate files. After booting check if the volume increase happens (when you turn on the DAC).

Now install the AML from this thread. Reboot.

Next, install Viper4 module of Magisk. See if it works. If you are all good this far then proceed to other modules. If at any point you encounter problem then that module is the problem child.

The more modules you install in Magisk, likelier it becomes sensitive.

Please let me know how it goes.

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
Just remembered:

The LG V50 is tuned by Meridien. So the sound improvement may not be satisfactory to you when Viper 4 is activated. But then every one is different.

Also, try to turn the compatibility mode on and off in Viper 4. I know sometimes it solves the problem.

Yonko Luffy

Aug 17, 2022
Just remembered:

The LG V50 is tuned by Meridien. So the sound improvement may not be satisfactory to you when Viper 4 is activated. But then every one is different.

Also, try to turn the compatibility mode on and off in Viper 4. I know sometimes it solves the problem.
The high impedance icon doesn't show up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230318-014243.png
    Screenshot_20230318-014243.png
    101 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230318-014607.png
    Screenshot_20230318-014607.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 29

Royaltiger

Jan 24, 2012
No, high impedance icon will not show up due to display restriction by LG. But you will notice a significant volume boost by being in high impedance mode. So you are functionally in high impedance mode by forcing the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have owned LG V30/40/50 primarily for music listening. The downside was to activate the high impedance mode (for earphones under 50 ohm), one had to go through various processes involving adapters and cables. The other option for rooted devices was to edit the MIXER_PATH_TAVIL.XML file. That triggered the high gain output permanently.

For V60, that option is not directly available. The reason is that /vendor/etc/mixer_path.xml is located in super partition making the file not editable. So you could only force the high impedance mode by using adapter or cable option till now.

Using Magisk, I have written two modules that will allow you to substitute the system file and put your phone in high impedance mode permanently. Magisk simply loads the edited files as the effective ones (disabling the system file). You will notice increase in volume/gain when you enable/disable DAC in sound settings.

So I have Viper 4 installed with my module without any problem producing enhanced sound output from V60.

INSTALLATION:

1. Download the attached modules. Do not make any changes.
    2. Save it on your phone.
    3. Go to Magisk module page and choose install from storage option.
    4. If you already have AML installed then uninstall that first.
    5. Direct Magisk to the file you just downloaded. Now install AML first.
    6. Reboot.
    7. Install the Mixer.zip second (for high impedance effect) with Magisk.
    8. Reboot.

Enjoy!
    I think that as Android evolves, it is becoming more and more like iOS in terms what you can and can't customize. Thanks to John Wu for creating Magisk! He has extended the customizable life of Android.
    Glad to know that you are enjoying the full potential of LG V60 in terms of music! I have the built-in music player that is in V60. The reason is it uses the inherent DAC in the best way. But I also have USB Player Pro.

Most of my music listening is streaming services. And V60 rocks just as much.

Please let us know should you need any help. We are a big and happy family here at XDA.
    Hi all, first ,I wanted to thank the developer for this magnificent module !
    However I found that the mixer xml can be tweaked ,with the below values :

<!-- ESS DAC START -->
    <path name="headphones-hifi-dac">
    <ctl name="Es9018 AVC Volume" value="0" />
    <ctl name="Es9018 Master Volume" value="0" />
    <ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="2" />
    </path>

<path name="headphones-hifi-dac-advanced">
    </path>

<path name="headphones-hifi-dac-aux">
    </path>
    With this ,you will have maximum power ,since the original xml file has slightly different values
    {<ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="3" />}
    and the high impedance output is not the most powerful .
    The problem with changing the HEADSET TYPE value to 2 is the boost is too much where it creates noticeable hiss. Leaving the value to 3 is most practical as it gives the optimal volume boost but does not bump the hiss. Hence the music is pleasantly cool to listen. I am staying with the original module.

I am sure that’s why OP chose 3 instead of 2 when writing the module.