MAGISK MODULE ❯ Universal SafetyNet Fix 1.1.0

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Universal SafetyNet Fix
Magisk module​

This is a universal fix for SafetyNet on devices with hardware attestation and unlocked bootloaders. It defeats both hardware attestation and the new SafetyNet CTS profile updates released on January 12, 2021. The only requirement is that you can pass basic attestation, which requires a valid combination of device and model names, build fingerprints, and security patch levels.

Passing basic attestation is mostly out-of-scope for this module; this module is meant to defy hardware attestation, as well as reported "basic" attestation that actually uses hardware under-the-hood. Nonetheless, it features a few basic attempts at helping pass basic attestation on some devices, especially older devices and devices running stock ROMs.

No device-specific features (such as the new Pixel-exclusive Google Assistant design or screen-off voice match) will be lost with this fix.

Android versions 8–11 are supported. Heavy OEM skins are not officially supported, but they may work depending on your luck and the particular ROM in question. Please do not report problems on such ROMs.

How does it work?
The way this workaround works is relatively low-level. An in-depth explanation, as well as source code and ROM changes, can be found on GitHub.

Ideally, this workaround should be incorporated in ROMs instead of overriding part of the ROM in a Magisk module. The ROM changes for it are linked above for ROM developers to use.

Downloads
Downloads and changelogs can be found on GitHub. The topmost release is the latest.

Telegram group
Source code

If this helped you, please consider donating to support development: recurring donation for sustainable support or buy me a coffee. Thank you for your support!

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Oct 13, 2010
Hamburg
Tested succesfully on Pixel 4a 5G, but Google Pay says "Your phone doesn't meet security requirements" even though PayPal can be set up.
Magisk Hide is activated.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Thank you a lot, Universal SafetyNet Fix v1.1.0 working excellent on Xiaomi Mi 9T, Xiaomi.eu 21.1.6, MIUI 12.5 / Android 11 Beta

Device certified but not using Google Pay

Last edited:

thomas140

Jul 3, 2018
Johor
Safety net fix 1.0.2 worked for miui Eu 12.0.3.0 Android 10 for Poco F1.
Only that the ocbc bank Singapore app still able to detect the root and became unusable.
But I know that this doesn't relate to safetynet fix here because the issue already existed before the CTS false.

MoL_82

Aug 16, 2019
Tested on Samsung S9:
- 1.0.2 worked in MM, but Root Checker said 'cannot access GPS'.
- 1.1.0 fails ctsProfile in MM, but Root Checker now can access GPS, also returns ctsProfile fail.

shchukax

Jun 12, 2019
Massive thanks for this. Version 1.1.0 confirmed working on my device:
- Pixel 3, stock room
- Magisk 21.2, magisk manager 8.0.5
- Magisk hide enabled and magisk manager renamed

All banking apps and google pay work correctly, including contactless payments.

Reactions: powerful111

Drahy

Apr 27, 2012
I tried this on my Samsung Galaxy A6 (official samsung firmware patched with magisk) - and even version 1.1.0 causes bootloop when using zip inside Magisk Manager - Android 10

Antonio200

Nov 26, 2020
Good morning. Working on Redmi Note 9 Pro xiaomi.eu 12.0.1 Android 10. No MagiskHide Props Config needed: basicIntegrity passed, ctsProfile passed, evalType BASIC.
Thank you so much

Last edited:

purgy

Aug 29, 2013
Sydney
Works on pixel 3a, last A10 patch, using magisk hide props config to force basic attestation. Was already using mhpc so not sure if it works without it. Fixed my CTS issue though, so thanks!

dr4go

Dec 17, 2010
Vienna
@kdrag0n Thank you so much for this awesome masterpiece!

I find it a bit interesting, that I experience a problem which nobody else seems to have reported so far. I'm using a Galaxy S10 (Exynos, G973F), rooted with latest canary Magisk, no EdXposed or whatsoever...

If I enable this module, no bootloop, basic attestation, CTS passes. "Yes", so I thought...

The problem now... My bank app tries to access the keystore and crashes. This does not happen without having this module enabled... I have attached a fully logcat and hope that you have some insights... 🙏🏻

EDIT1: re-attached file, didn't work on the first go.

EDIT2: oh... search for "easybank" or "keystore"

EDIT3: Android 11, One UI 3

Attachments

Last edited:

BenDavid

Sep 29, 2016
POCO F1 user here. After flashing the module the phone stucks on the Google logo at boot.
The MHPC module didn't solve the problem either.

ROM: Pixel Experience 11 Beta (20201223)/Encrypted