MAGISK MODULE ❯ Universal SafetyNet Fix 1.1.0

fl0wfr

Jan 2, 2010
Paris
You'll need to install the MagiscHide Props Config and to set a recognised fingerprint then. My Huawei tablet now has a P40 fingerprint, and google is happy with it...
Thanks! Now safety net passes but Google Pay keeps saying my phone is rooted. I already added Google Pay in Magisk Hide but no luck.

Durete

Dec 15, 2006
Everyone having issues passing basic attestation after installing the module, please try the attached versions.

There have been quite a few reports of fingerprint unlocking in apps breaking on One UI. This is not something that is planned to be fixed, because One UI is a heavy OEM skin that is not officially supported. It's surprising that it works on One UI to begin with.
I was using 1.1.0 version and worked just fine, but after intensive testing I found some strange issues with my banking app and Amazon App (Safety Net pass and Gpay contactless OK).
My banking app ask to install a new CA certificate every time I open.
My Amazon app crashed always.

I tested version 1.1.1 Test 1 and all issues seems to be gone.
My banking app works perfect, Amazon App stopped to crash, Google Play shows Certified Device, SafetyNet pass OK and Gpay contactless seems to work fine.
I will report in case I found any new issue, but all apps seems to work perfect now.

Thank you for your work !

Reactions: curiousrom

7alvoo

Jul 18, 2019
Odd, something else in your setup is tripping it then. Magisk hide works for me. Pixel 3a, Jan 2021 security patch. Modules: AccA, USNF. ElementalX kernel. Not ticking revolut in Magisk hide: root detected, flipped magisk hide for revolut, clear app data, bam, works.
probably v31 armed with root beer

RenVilo

Aug 4, 2009
works on S20 FE 5G (SM-G781B) ROM OneUi 3 Android 11.
no configuration required here is how I proceeded:

• activate Magisk Hide
• install MagiskHide props config
• install UniversalSafety fix v.1.1.1 test1.zip (see Page 4)
• restart and erase playstore data

(I specify that I have EdXposed installed)

thank you very much to the dev
Do you get any strage issues with banking apps or lastpass etc.

RenVilo

Aug 4, 2009
have the same problem with oneui2.5 ... let me know if you find a solution to this; the lack of third party biometrics access is a deal breaker as I use it to login to my pc ...
So far no luck and also gonna give up. Rather not use google pay but have my fingerprint actually working

wyt18

Jun 4, 2007

• activate Magisk Hide

Are you able to have third party app access to biometrics?

Full House

Aug 25, 2018
Do you get any strage issues with banking apps or lastpass etc.
I don't use banking apps to be honest I never register a card because I am wary of data theft.

That said out of curiosity I opened Google Pay it seems to work (unlike Samsung Pay) it waits for the registration of the card to pay without contact ...

Yasumasa

Jan 16, 2021
Everyone having issues passing basic attestation after installing the module, please try the attached versions.

There have been quite a few reports of fingerprint unlocking in apps breaking on One UI. This is not something that is planned to be fixed, because One UI is a heavy OEM skin that is not officially supported. It's surprising that it works on One UI to begin with.
Screenshot_20210116-085424.png Screenshot_20210116-090002_Google Play Store.png

SafetyNet Pass & Device Certified on Samsung A205F/DS
Flashed with safetynet-fix-v1.1.1-test1.zip

Reactions: curiousrom

dragos281993

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Iasi
Thanks kdrag0n for your hard work ;-)

Feedback: With your fix, Magisk shows success when checking safetynet, but until now, the fix doesn't work for GPay in my case, neither with V1.1.0 nor with V1.1.1-test2 on Xiaomi Mi 9 with MIUI 12.

What I have done: I have cleared GPay's and PlayStore's cache and user data, uninstalled GPay, rebooted. Checked that PlayStore is checked in Magisk Hide and that Play Store indicates no problems in Play protect. Then I re-installed GPay, added it to MagiskHide and cleard GPlay's and GPay's cache and user data again. After this procedure, GPay did still know my credit card, but reported that the phone doesn't meet the security requirements. I have deleted the credit card, cleared cache and data, rebooted and added the card again, but GPay is still not working.
Try this: https://github.com/sdex/AndroidIDeditor/releases
Install it, open the app, find Gpay in the list, tap on it, press on "Set random values" and hit OK. Now exit the app and go wipe the Play services, App store and GPay's data then reboot. See if it works

Reactions: dr4go

innit

Mar 31, 2011
Düsseldorf
i am facing the same problem my friend.
please can you answer 2 questions? first, where did you download the previous version from? is it safe?
second, do you believe this can be fixed with a future magisk update, or are we screwed forever?
You can find all oficial releases here. I have never encountered any security issues with files from that website but it's up to you if you trust them or not.

Only time will tell whether it will be possible again to run new versions of this app on rooted devices.

innit

Mar 31, 2011
Düsseldorf
Ok, thank you very much, that did the trick... for now. I wonder what kind of additional checks they are doing compared to others and if there is or will be a way to circumvent this in the future.

One crazy idea would be if it was possible to run apps in their own isolated containers chroot or vm style. Possibly unrealistic thought but who knows what the future will bring :)

Again, big thanks! Very much appreciated.
I took some time to compare last working version 7.30.3 to the two newest ones 7.31/7.32. After taking some logs I noticed that:

1. 7.30.3 - no root detection implemented in the app

2. 7.31 & 7.32 - root detection built-in

So Revolut changed this just few days ago. You can compare the screenshots.

BUT hiding magisk manager seems to do the trick and the new version is working fine now. I've just tried it so I was wrong by saying that nothing could be done. Sorry for the misinformation guys.

Attachments

Reactions: rewtnull and dr4go

slutman

Aug 18, 2012

• activate Magisk Hide

I did the same as you on my S20+ exynos Android 11 and it worked

Reactions: Full House

kdrag0n

Feb 19, 2016
kdrag0n.dev
Universal SafetyNet Fix v1.1.1 is now available.

Changes
  • Removed security patch fixup to fix CTS profile mismatches on some devices

Download

Some devices will now need to use MagiskHide Props Config in addition to this module in order to pass CTS profile checks as part of basic attestation. Altering the CTS profile is no longer in scope for this module as it breaks more devices than it fixes.

If this module helped you, please consider a recurring donation for sustainable support, or alternatively buy me a coffee. Everything helps, but a recurring donation is the best way to keep the project alive in the long term.

Issues on heavy OEM skins
This is a reminder that heavy OEM skins are not officially supported. They may happen to work depending on your luck and the particular ROM in question, but nothing is guaranteed. Please do not report problems on such ROMs. It's surprising that it works at all on them; I wouldn't expect everything to be fully working. I will not provide more support for issues related to heavy OEM skins.

The compatibility issue does not lie in the SafetyNet fix itself, but rather how the Magisk module is built. It's possible to make the Magisk module version of the fix slightly more portable, but I have no interest in supporting heavy OEM skins, nor do I have any devices running such ROMs.

You will always have the best luck with a ROM not too far from AOSP, e.g. most custom ROMs and Pixel stock ROMs.