MAGISK MODULE ❯ Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.4.0

Search This thread

oldbear3

Feb 4, 2011
Until the RQ3A.210605.005 update on my Pixel 3a, even with Safetynetfix 1.1.1 installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled) my CtsProfile remains false, so i don't get safetynet checked.
The evaltype is Basic with the module installed but it keeps on refusing the ctsProfile.
Do I miss something or does Google made new changes ?

pndwal

Until the RQ3A.210605.005 update on my Pixel 3a, even with Safetynetfix 1.1.1 installed (and uninstalled and reinstalled) my CtsProfile remains false, so i don't get safetynet checked.
The evaltype is Basic with the module installed but it keeps on refusing the ctsProfile.
Do I miss something or does Google made new changes ?
I don't know for sure.

Try disabling any modules other than this one to eliminate these...

Do are you on stock ROM? Do you run any mods to System? PW

oldbear3

Feb 4, 2011
I don't know for sure.

Try disabling any modules other than this one to eliminate these...

Do are you on stock ROM? Do you run any mods to System? PW
Ok, that's what i made this morning and actually it's magisk hide props which was the cause strangely. I didn't need it anyway because i'm on stock rom.
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: pndwal

ReK_

Nov 8, 2010
HTC Dragon
Nexus 7
I'm having trouble with Google Pay. Magisk says SafetyNet passes with eval basic, however Google Pay won't enable contactless, saying "Your phone doesn't meet security requirements."
  • OnePlus 7 Pro GM1917
  • LineageOS 18.1 (20210606-nightly)
  • MindTheGapps 11.0.0
  • Magisk 23.0 (installed via boot.img, app renamed)
  • MagiskHide Props Config 5.4.0-v128
  • Universal SafetyNet Fix v1.1.1
I've renamed the Magisk app, turned on MagiskHide for all Google services, Google Pay and banking apps, and used the props config to emulate a Pixel 3a. This has gotten SafetyNet passing according to Magisk, and my related banking apps are working fine, but I still can't enable contactless payment in Google Pay. I've checked for the Play Protect certificate issue but it looks like the menus have changed in Google Play and I can't see anything that positively says it passes, but there's also no warning popup or anything that says it fails either.

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
I'm having trouble with Google Pay. Magisk says SafetyNet passes with eval basic, however Google Pay won't enable contactless, saying "Your phone doesn't meet security requirements."
  • OnePlus 7 Pro GM1917
  • LineageOS 18.1 (20210606-nightly)
  • MindTheGapps 11.0.0
  • Magisk 23.0 (installed via boot.img, app renamed)
  • MagiskHide Props Config 5.4.0-v128
  • Universal SafetyNet Fix v1.1.1
I've renamed the Magisk app, turned on MagiskHide for all Google services, Google Pay and banking apps, and used the props config to emulate a Pixel 3a. This has gotten SafetyNet passing according to Magisk, and my related banking apps are working fine, but I still can't enable contactless payment in Google Pay. I've checked for the Play Protect certificate issue but it looks like the menus have changed in Google Play and I can't see anything that positively says it passes, but there's also no warning popup or anything that says it fails either.

ReK_

Nov 8, 2010
HTC Dragon
Nexus 7

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210613-001715_Google_Play_services.png
    Screenshot_20210613-001715_Google_Play_services.png
    141.2 KB · Views: 94

ju_one06

May 11, 2011
mythnetworks.com
Hello,
Im have issue bypass safetynet, im install magisk by rename and install thru twrp as zip..then rename back to apk and install apk..
Phone : Redmi Note 9S
Im already try safetynet fix from 1.0 to 1.1.1 but still prob..did i miss step or do wrong?..

Jun 19, 2021
Hello,

I was wondering whether there is a way the module survives factory reset ? Or can it be modified to do so ? I am in a situation where I only need to bypass SafetyNet from the initial setup without being able to upgrade Magisk or access the developers options before the test.

Thanks for reading.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello,

I was wondering whether there is a way the module survives factory reset ? Or can it be modified to do so ? I am in a situation where I only need to bypass SafetyNet from the initial setup without being able to upgrade Magisk or access the developers options before the test.

Thanks for reading.
No

Factory reset wipes Data partition

To the other side, Magisk database and all Magisk modules are installed to /data/adb folder - therefore, they will be all wiped by Factory reset

Jun 19, 2021
No

Factory reset wipes Data partition

To the other side, Magisk database and all Magisk modules are installed to /data/adb folder - therefore, they will be all wiped by Factory reset
I mean, there is a "way" to change the app in order to obtain this result. Like Magisk-Frida, the Frida agents survive the factory reset and don't need to be reinstalled by Magisk.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I mean, there is a "way" to change the app in order to obtain this result. Like Magisk-Frida, the Frida agents survive the factory reset and don't need to be reinstalled by Magisk.
I told you how the nodule installs. Check your /data/adb/modules and consult Magisk documentation on Github (scroll to the Magisk modules chapter):

Otherwise, try Factory reset and report the result

Jun 19, 2021
I told you how the nodule installs. Check your /data/adb/modules and consult Magisk documentation on Github (scroll to the Magisk modules chapter):

Otherwise, try Factory reset and report the result
Thanks for the link. I think I have found a way to circumvent the problem. I could install the module manually from TWRP. I'm just stuck because Magisk doesn't seem to have the "full install" after the initial setup. (The Magisk icon is present after factory reset, but it needs to be installed by the user. I'm wondering whether it's possible to fully install Magisk from TWRP without having to do this)

pndwal

Thanks for the link. I think I have found a way to circumvent the problem. I could install the module manually from TWRP.
This module?

... Whole other can of worms. - Most got bootloops doing so.
I'm just stuck because Magisk doesn't seem to have the "full install" after the initial setup. (The Magisk icon is present after factory reset, but it needs to be installed by the user. I'm wondering whether it's possible to fully install Magisk from TWRP without having to do this)
I think mileage varies per device. Many do have App fully functional after Custom Recovery zip Installation.

A factory reset wipes all setup data as discussed. Normal App Uninstall doesn't, unlike other apps, due to separate app data location in /data/adb. PW

Last edited:
Reactions: BattleRobot_HK47
Jun 19, 2021
This module?

... Whole other can of worms. - Most got bootloops doing so.

I think mileage varies per device. Many do have App fully functional after Custom Recovery zip Installation. But a factory reset wipes all setup data as discussed. PW
So okay it's risky... Now the biggest problem is finalizing the installation of Magisk without going through the GUI. (Here Fairphone 3) After that I would have the Magisk CLI to install the module. (The purpose is to obtain the module and Magisk fully installed before the inital setup. In this way, I could have a rooted device that bypasses a MDM activation for forensic analyzes)

Jun 19, 2021
It is all good, I have managed to completely install Magisk by enabling USB debugging from TWRP and then adb install the APK before the initial setup. From that, we can install the module with the magisk CLI and the SafetyNet of the MDM is bypassed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal SafetyNet Fix
    Magisk module​

Magisk module to work around Google's SafetyNet attestation.

This module works around hardware attestation and recent updates to SafetyNet CTS profile checks. You must already be able to pass basic CTS profile attestation, which requires a valid combination of device and model names, build fingerprints, and security patch levels.

If you still have trouble passing SafetyNet with this module, use MagiskHide Props Config to spoof a certified device profile. This is a common issue on old devices, custom ROMs, and stock ROMs without GMS certification (e.g. Chinese ROMs).

Android versions up to 13 Beta 3 are supported, including OEM skins such as Samsung One UI and MIUI.

How does it work?
    The way this workaround works is relatively low-level. An in-depth explanation, as well as source code and ROM changes, can be found on GitHub.

Ideally, this workaround should be incorporated in custom ROMs instead of injecting code with a Magisk module. See the ProtonAOSP website for more information.

Downloads
    Downloads and changelogs can be found on GitHub. The topmost release is the latest.

Latest release
    v2.4.0

Highlights
    • Play Integrity bypass without breaking device checks or causing other issues
    • Disabled use of hardware attestation on Pixel 7 and newer (@anirudhgupta109)
    Other changes
    • Updated instructions for newer Android and Magisk versions
    • Better debugging for future development
    This version only supports Zygisk (Magisk 24 and newer).

It's taken a while to find a way to bypass Play Integrity that doesn't require spoofing the build fingerprint permanently, but I wanted to make sure this module doesn't cause any unnecessary breakage. Just like the original goal of Universal SafetyNet Fix, this minimizes adverse effects by spoofing dynamically at runtime only when necessary. Enjoy!

If you found this helpful, please consider supporting development with a recurring donation for rewards such as early access to updates, exclusive behind-the-scenes development news, and priority support.
    Alternatively, you can also buy me a coffee. All support is appreciated ❤️

Source code
    So, here is my modification of USNF with Play Integrity API bypass.

It changes fingerprint to old 7.1.2 6.0 (LOL) and apply it only for GMS SafetyNet process (by Zygisk injection), so your original prints/security path level does not change. This avoids many side effects/problems with global props changing.

Updated 3.0:
    No words needed, you understand everything yourself 😜

Updated 2.1:
    Hide "Enable OEM Unlock" setting

Updated 2.0:
    Bypassing DEVICE_INTEGRITY for devices that shipped with Android 13+ (Pixel`s 7 )

Updated:
    Drop fingerprint to lowest possible (6.0) to ensure that no one use same Android version

Usage:
    1. Delete/disable/reset MagiskHidePropsConfig (if installed).
    2. Just install it over old Universal SafetyNet Fix and reboot device.
    3. You may be needed to wipe GMS data (not cache) if there is no result immediately.

Many thanks to @1nikolas for integrity checker.

Source code: https://github.com/Displax/safetynet-fix/tree/integrity
    So, here is my new modification of USNF with Play Integrity API bypass.

It is now based on top of original v2.4.0 codebase instead of v2.3.1, with adding new hiding algorithm for current realities and some code refreshing.

Changelog:

Version 1.2
    * Fix crash and endless tests loop/failing on Android < 9.0 (bug from original version 2.4.0).
    * Do not unpatch (revert) changes. To prevent possible tests failing after a while on some ROMs (cross conflicts).

Version 1.1
    * Fix KeyStore hook desynchronization (tests randomly failing problem).

Usage:
    1. Delete/disable/reset MagiskHidePropsConfig (if installed).
    2. Just install it over old Universal SafetyNet Fix and reboot device.
    3. You may be needed to wipe GMS data (not cache) if there is no result immediately.

Source code: https://github.com/Displax/safetynet-fix/tree/dev
    So, created separate thread for my mod. Welcome)

Folks, the SafetyNet API was depreciated last Month with 'full turndown' slated for June 2024 and the introduction of the new Play Integrity API. It has also become clear that Google apps are simply the first to adopt the long foretold Play Integrity API; all responsible banks are bound to follow suit in short order, and at least before the June 2023 migration deadline.

This means (assuming fully deployed Hardware Key Attestation doesn't come first 😬) that the need for a 'Universal Play Integrity Fix' has become quite urgent.

We currently have workarounds involving using older fingerprint props by means of MHPC module (similar to fix needed for uncertified ROMs), but success/mileage varies per device and users of regular bank apps / gamers etc on stock devices will all soon be forced to experiment with MHPC prints also... This is hardly ideal.

So I've made an issue report/request on USNF GitHub as follows. This information may be insightful to users here also...

Please let me know here if I have missed anything important, or add any technically relevant details there...

PLEASE DON'T spam that issue with unimportant details or queries... (The previous issue is already burgeoning w/ OT.) That's what this thread is for... 😛 :

Please make 'Universal Play Integrity Fix' ... #204

Fixes to expand 'Universal SafetyNet Fix' to become a 'Universal Play Integrity Fix' are needed.

The SafetyNet Attestation API is deprecated and has been replaced by the Play Integrity API.
    https://developer.android.com/training/safetynet/deprecation-timeline

New Play Integrity API is rolling out from June 2022, and evidently Google Play Store and Google Pay/Wallet are already using its verdict.

June 2023 is the Migration Deadline for app developers. This will also allow their older app versions to continue working with SafetyNet API for a limited time.

June 2024 is the End of life for SafetyNet API; its attestation will no longer work for any app version, and apps will receive an error.

The new Integrity API has more strict requirements for passing attestation, and this seems to be enforced in Android 11+ particularly.

Currently (evidently due to this), device security issues are detected by

1. Google Pay/Wallet, which may state "You can't pay contactless with this device...(Your phone doesn't meet software standards)" on updating or attempting to add a card despite in-app Contactless setup stating "You're ready to pay contactless with your phone (Your phone meets security requirements)", and
    2. Google Play Store, which may no longer show apps like Netflix w/ Android 11+ (developers can 'exclude devices from their app's distribution based on their device integrity . Device exclusion is based on the latest device integrity verdict that the Play Store app receives from the Play Integrity API') despite in-app settings showing Play Protect 'Device is certified' result.
    I'm guessing that the 'passing' messages based on the old SafetyNet API are likely to realigned soon.

A workaround that evidently allows Play Integrity API attestation to pass (and solve Wallet / Play Store issues also) has been discovered. It involves spoofing an earlier certified ROM, generally by using MagiskHide Props Config module to change fingerprint prop to one for Android 10 or earlier.

Undoubtedly other apps will begin to detect broken TEE etc / fail as they migrate or begin integrating the Play Integrity API.

A 'Universal Play Integrity Fix' will evidently require more understanding / research into how the fingerprint prop is used, and possibly other new behaviours.

Here's hoping... 🙃 PW