[MAGISK]Notch Killer - Videos and Apps ignores the notch

Search This thread

subham619

May 23, 2017
OnePlus 8
These are some example screenshots of notch killer and Systemuituner immersive mode on together.. No status bar until u touch top.
I love it.
all screen!!! ?
I know it's more than a year but if you read this, can you tell me how did you hide the status bar using Systemuituner? I tried all options of immersive mode on my Oneplus 8 but none of them seems to work. The notch killer worked perfectly but don't know how to hide the status bar and use all real estate of my screen in any app. Thanks in advance.

Libra420T

I know it's more than a year but if you read this, can you tell me how did you hide the status bar using Systemuituner? I tried all options of immersive mode on my Oneplus 8 but none of them seems to work. The notch killer worked perfectly but don't know how to hide the status bar and use all real estate of my screen in any app. Thanks in advance.
I used the given zip and then systemuituner to full..., but that was on 7T. it didn't work on 8t and no point on the 9 pro... hopefully this helps 😊 👍

Reactions: subham619

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I couldn't find a working module for the 7T so I created one.

What it does?
    In apps like Netflix and Full-screen games the screen stretches only until it reaches the notch.
    This module basically allows to ignore the notch and stretch the display around it.

Netflix example:
    Before:
    4.jpg

After:
    3.jpg

Instructions:
    1. Download the attached zip and extract the NotchKillerOOS Directory.
    2. Move the NotchKillerOOS directory into your phone.
    3. Using ROOT explorer like "ES file explorer" move the folder into /data/adb/modules
    4. Reboot your device
    5. Go to the Developer options, click on "Display cutout" and choose "Notch killer!"

Please report any bugs.
    Enjoy :)
    Sharing in case people who use this module would like to automate using tasker.

Use following shell command:
    Enable
    Code:
    cmd overlay enable --user 0 com.android.internal.display.cutout.emulation.tall

Disable
    Code:
    cmd overlay disable --user 0 com.android.internal.display.cutout.emulation.tall

Enjoy fullscreen!

You got any error?
    Wrong behavior?
    Happens on a specific app?

Please explain the issue you're having.
    I dont have option to choose Notch killer in Dev options.

I followed your instructions and now I have a Notch Killer Magisk module enabled and after a reboot I went to developer settings--> display cutout

There wasn't any option like Notch Killer

Please see attached screenshot

Hi please try the following steps:

1. Uninstall the NotchKillerOOS module.
    2. Download the new zip that is attached to this message.
    3. Extract the zip and move it to your phone.
    4. Move the NotchKillerOOS directory to /data/adb/module
    5. Make sure that the file structure is like the following "/data/adb/modules/NotchKillerOOS/system/product/overlay/DisplayCutoutEmulationTall/DisplayCutoutEmulationTallOverlay.apk"
    and NOT like:
    "/data/adb/modules/NotchKillerOOS/NotchKillerOOS/system/product/overlay/DisplayCutoutEmulationTall/DisplayCutoutEmulationTallOverlay.apk"

6. Go to Magisk manager and make sure that the module is enabled.
    7. Reboo the phone and try again.

If you still have problems, please send me your "DisplayCutoutEmulationTallOverlay.apk" file that is located under /product/overlay/DisplayCutoutEmulationTall.
    (The one that is on your phone, not the one that came with the module).

Let me know if it works.
    Oh... I was looking for "Notch Kill" not translated to Polish hehe. I selected very bottom which means like "high cutout" option and it's working. Thank you so much.

Posted using OnePlus 7T via Tapatalk