Magisk on Nexus 5x

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Is anyone using magisk and have Android pay working with root on the 5x ? I've been looking for a thread and can't find how to do it.

Unlock bootloader
Flash stock image
Flash TWRP
Reboot
Download magisk Manager and zip
Reboot ?

Will root apps work now with Android pay?

Keithn

Feb 24, 2011
Is anyone using magisk and have Android pay working with root on the 5x ? I've been looking for a thread and can't find how to do it.

Unlock bootloader
Flash stock image
Flash TWRP
Reboot
Download magisk Manager and zip
Reboot ?

Will root apps work now with Android pay?

Make sure Magisk hide is on in magisk manager and that it passes the safety net check.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Got it working. Shows Superuser PHH's not the SU by chainfire. Some apps are not working as well with superuser vs SU, but at least everything seems to be working. Every now and then Magisk Manager bug and it shows loss of root. I'll try Android pay sometime today if I can

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
Could you make a quick guide on how you got magisk installed correctly?
I had some trouble when i tried it after updating to 7.1.2 yesterday and ended up flashing supersu instead. thx

Got it working. Shows Superuser PHH's not the SU by chainfire. Some apps are not working as well with superuser vs SU, but at least everything seems to be working. Every now and then Magisk Manager bug and it shows loss of root. I'll try Android pay sometime today if I can

zurik

Aug 31, 2014
ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗ
Do I need to flash SU or just magisk
Magisk zip include SU binary (MagiskSU)

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

I had some trouble when i tried it after updating to 7.1.2 yesterday and ended up flashing supersu instead. thx
If you have custom kernel, flash the stock one or that came with the Rom from recovery. Then flash Magisk 12 zip file from Magisk Thread and flash it via recovery. Then reboot and download Magisk manager ....

Reactions: mikeprius

robotzki

Mar 27, 2012
Is there any reason why Magisk wouldn't work with a custom jkernel? I've installed Magisk on top of pure nexus ROM with ElementalX kernel without issues before.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
I'm running SAOSP with Magisk and Franco Kernel and I have root and Android Pay works. That's all I flashed. It had a hard time passing Safety Net when SuperSU was installed. So just flash Magisk without SuperSU. And I guess Android Pay can detect if you have an unlocked bootloader so Franco Kernel is used because it hides that.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
I tried Android Pay twice. First time didn't go through, said on the vending machine failed. Second time worked. I checked Android Pay and see 2 charges, does the one that didn't go through just drop off eventually ? Also both charges are much higher than what the actual price was, but I assume this is just a temp charge.

I have elemental X kernel. Works fine. I decided not to mess with SU. My other apps work, plus I've tried asking Chainfire before questions about his apps he's made and he never responded. Not cool, I did buy his apps too, not just freebies.

RylanM

Jan 6, 2013
I tried Android Pay twice. First time didn't go through, said on the vending machine failed. Second time worked. I checked Android Pay and see 2 charges, does the one that didn't go through just drop off eventually ? Also both charges are much higher than what the actual price was, but I assume this is just a temp charge.

I have elemental X kernel. Works fine. I decided not to mess with SU. My other apps work, plus I've tried asking Chainfire before questions about his apps he's made and he never responded. Not cool, I did buy his apps too, not just freebies.

All of my Android Pay charges initially show up as a $1.00 pending charge. After a while, they post as transactions for the full value of the purchase.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do I need to flash SU or just magisk
    Magisk zip include SU binary (MagiskSU)

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

If you have custom kernel, flash the stock one or that came with the Rom from recovery. Then flash Magisk 12 zip file from Magisk Thread and flash it via recovery. Then reboot and download Magisk manager ....
    I'm running SAOSP with Magisk and Franco Kernel and I have root and Android Pay works. That's all I flashed. It had a hard time passing Safety Net when SuperSU was installed. So just flash Magisk without SuperSU. And I guess Android Pay can detect if you have an unlocked bootloader so Franco Kernel is used because it hides that.

All of my Android Pay charges initially show up as a $1.00 pending charge. After a while, they post as transactions for the full value of the purchase.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone