Development [MAGISK Rom /Base Convertor] 420rom F926B V2.2 - BVA9 - ANDROID 12 - OneUI 4.0 - Sec Patch 01/2022 - Released 28/01/2022

Search This thread

exocetdj

Ok so i am preparing for release of my rom everything apart from Applock is working - there may also be a systemUI close on dex but we are looking into that

we have root
camera works
and also TWRP now

Please refer here for the new rooted firmware and process below: - this should be the last time formatting is needed now as going forward we will always have TWRP installed. (if stock remember the step about activating and checking oem unlock in dev settings before you start

Coming from stock a11/a12 or rooted a11 or even rooted a12 lol

1 - reboot to download mode

2 - Load BL_BUL6, AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar, CP and HOMECSC into respective odin slots and flash

3 - when flashed, reboot to TWRP and format device, reboot TWRP and disable MTP under the mount menu

4 - "adb push Magisk.zip /sdcard" - copy magisk.zip (attached below) to adb folder and send to internal storage using that command in CMD window - flash the magisk.zip

5 - reboot to system from TWRP menu

You will then be in a rooted state with fully working TWRP ready to accept the incoming rom :)

Attachments

• Magisk.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

exocetdj

v2.0 is now live -> links in first post

Rom instructions are the same - please follow the steps to flash the stock rooted firmware first

changelog from v1.1

- rebased on BUL6 OneUI 4 - Android 12 firmware
- updated magisk
- updated goodlock apps
- added new bootanimation
- added new TWRP to convertor
- added new wallpapers
- added wallpapers to dex
- removed encryption from firmware
- updated safteynet v2.2.1 fix added
- updated bluetooth lib patcher added

Thank you for your usefull replie.
Have you try to open the 7z file before replying to me?
I think what they are getting at here is that if you cannot open a 7z file, not sure how well taking to flashing ROM's is going to go for you. It's pretty basic really and HOW to open them is a super easy and quick Google Search and you would instantly have the answer.

The real POINT of the response is that if you cannot manage to even get that done on your own, do you REALLY want to go ROM Flashing?

• Haha
Reactions: exocetdj
I think what they are getting at here is that if you cannot open a 7z file, not sure how well taking to flashing ROM's is going to go for you. It's pretty basic really and HOW to open them is a super easy and quick Google Search and you would instantly have the answer.

The real POINT of the response is that if you cannot manage to even get that done on your own, do you REALLY want to go ROM Flashing?
Thank you for your support. It was really usefull...

Nov 9, 2016
Alphen aan den Rijn
Ok so i am preparing for release of my rom everything apart from Applock is working - there may also be a systemUI close on dex but we are looking into that

we have root
camera works
and also TWRP now

Please refer here for the new rooted firmware and process below: - this should be the last time formatting is needed now as going forward we will always have TWRP installed. (if stock remember the step about activating and checking oem unlock in dev settings before you start

2 - Load BL_BUL6, AP_F926B_BUL6_exo.tar, CP and HOMECSC into respective odin slots and flash

3 - when flashed, reboot to TWRP and format device, reboot TWRP and disable MTP under the mount menu

4 - "adb push Magisk.zip /sdcard" - copy magisk.zip (attached below) to adb folder and send to internal storage using that command in CMD window - flash the magisk.zip

You will then be in a rooted state with fully working TWRP ready to accept the incoming rom :)
Hey man,

i am already rooted on A12. Am i able to just flash TWRP manually?
Let me know!

i downloaded it but it came up with a load of warning signs saying wrong archive format - im not sure if the download got interrupted and corrupted the file or not.

I will arrange for this to be sorted if the one in downloads is f#####
Hi,
As I try to explain earlier, the content of the 7z can be viewed but it is impossible to decompile it due to some warning....
It seems that compression format is unknown... already tried a bunch of software and download the file already twice...

exocetdj

Hi,
As I try to explain earlier, the content of the 7z can be viewed but it is impossible to decompile it due to some warning....
It seems that compression format is unknown... already tried a bunch of software and download the file already twice...
Exact same issue I had

Maybe I should pack in this rom project judging by some's sentiment here 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 funny **** man lol.

Thanks for the report you confirm the issue i had. We will reupload as .zip

Reactions: Talderon
Hi all,

I cannot manage to open 420rom_Rooted_F926B_BUL6.
Can someone please provide the file in zip format instead of 7z?

Thank in advance

Hi,
The message in the SECOND post I quoted is way more helpful. Your first post just implied that you didn't know how too, or know what a 7z file was, no mention of any kind of error.

This changes the game, so you might want to repost your question with the following:
  • Where did you get the file
  • What is the exact error message? (this is the key as it can tell us what the issue may be)
  • Have you tried 7Zip (as this is the application that is native to 7z files)
  • Anything else you can think of that will help
In a nutshell, information is KEY. What you did there was post a VERY BASIC issue (Can't open a 7z file) with NO other context and THAT is the main reason you got the responses you got.

You will find that people will be WAY more willing to help if you just provide some information so we CAN help.

Just remember this: Garbage in, Garbage out... you can't expect gold when all you shovel in is crap...

Thanks!

Exact same issue I had

Maybe I should pack in this rom project judging by some's sentiment here 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 funny **** man lol.

Thanks for the report you confirm the issue i had. We will reupload as .zip

Thank you for your commitment to this device by the way... 😊
Following telegram I thought you were going to give up but I'm happy you did not👍😁

白い熊

Aug 29, 2011
相撲道
Can anyone confirm that they opened the .7z file? As in the new one uploaded with working twrp?
It's OK on linux and even in Termux on the phone. Windows just keeps saying unknown compression format - something with the headers I guess.

I saw the issue when flashing last night. I actually thought - going along with the sentiment in prior messages here - it's actually good to have it in this format as exactly: if you can't decipher the problem with it, you sure as hell shouldn't be messin' with the phone, rooting it and then whatever...

Reactions: Talderon
It's OK on linux and even in Termux on the phone. Windows just keeps saying unknown compression format - something with the headers I guess.

I saw the issue when flashing last night. I actually thought - going along with the sentiment in prior messages here - it's actually good to have it in this format as exactly: if you can't decipher the problem with it, you sure as hell shouldn't be messin' with the phone, rooting it and then whatever...
Honestly, you are going to find that 99% of the people here use Windows and have no experience with Linux, so yeah, I agree that you should know some stuff to do this, but you have to start somewhere. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

WELCOME TO 420 ROM - MAGISK ROM FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY Z FOLD 3 5G F926B (SD888)

Telegram-Group

Please bear in mind that things will be added as and when my learning and time permits (being a dad with a family and having ADHD myself means things get a lil gnarly) but i will aim to support this ROM as regularly as possible.

Ill usually release a test to one or two users before each release also - :cyclops:

CUSTOMIZABLE ONEUI EDITION MAGISK ROM FEATURES: - with Vol +/- keys

-Add YouTube Vanced - thanks to Vanced peeps github
    -Add 3minit battery - thanks G Harrington - if online menus don't appear, install the apk that the module places on your internal storage in the 420rom folder.
    -Add 3minit clock - thanks G Harrinton
    -Add V4A
    -Add custom 420rom bootanimation thanks to @chalmizzle
    -Add SamsungSans fonts apk
    -Add Goodlock
    -Add SoundAssistant (for increased vol steps)
    -Add Customized Secsettings
    -Add Custom wallpapers (new for A12)
    -Add custom power app with several reboot options
    -Add CTS fix
    -Remove Chrome

CORE MAGISK ROM FEATURES

-Detects OMC code and ensures correct OMC folders and files installed
    -detects base rom or rooted stock and presents relevant install features and aborts if attempted to be installed on anything else - should help keep non compatible setups intact :)
    -Device detection to prevent flashing on other devices

Enabled the following CSC fetures: (thanks @m8980

- Disable shutter sound menu
    - Support RealTime Network Speed in status bar - working
    - Enable Camera during call
    - Enabled call recording
    - Data usage in quick panel - the feature displays but not the actual data used - if anyone knows a fix, let me know :)

GOOGLE EDITION FEATURES (FURTHER TO THOSE IN ONEUI EDITION MODULE ABOVE) (coming soon!!!)

This Module is based on the main Main 420rom Rom Module but replaces some of the Samsung apps with Google ones. It is recommended to backup your Samsung apps 1st!!!

Installed with Module - Samsung App it replaces
    --------------------------------------
    Google Phone - Samsung Phone
    Google Contacts - Samsung Contacts
    Google Messages - Samsung Messenger
    Google Chrome - Samsung Internet Browser
    Google Calculator - Samsung Calculator
    Google Calendar - Samsung Calendar
    Google Clock - Samsung Clock
    Google Drive - Samsung Cloud (stays installed)
    Google Files - Samsung MyFiles
    Google Fit - Samsung Health (can be reinstalled from Galaxy Apps)
    Google Pay - Samsung Pay
    Google Keep Notes - Samsung Notes
    Google Photos - Samsung Gallery
    Google Recorder - Samsung Recorder
    Google TTS - Samsung TTS
    Google Duo - n/a
    Google News - n/a
    Google Tasks - n/a
    Google Sounds (Sound Picker) - n/a
    Google Apo - n/a
    Google Carrier Services (for RCS) - n/a
    GBoard - Samsung Keyboard
    GMail - Samsung Email
    YouTube Music - Samsung Music
    YouTube Vanced, Vanced Manager & Vanced MicroG - YouTube
    Nova Launcher - OneUI Launcher

RECOVERY FLASHABLE BASE CONVERTOR FEATURES

-Does away with warning on splash
    -Debloats a fair whack but not too much
    -rooted with magisk manager
    -flashes latest TWRP during Base flash
    -mines stock files from phone for use in rom flash :)

Changelog

v2.2

- Rebased to BVA9 firmware - 1 Jan 2022 sec patch (EUY)
    - TWRP updated to A8
    - Magisk updated to V24001 (v24 public release)

v2.1

- Rebased to BUL8 firmware - 1 Jan 2022 sec patch
    - convertor no longer debloats klmsagent so Samsung health works if version 6.19.5.017 is installed - thanks @dr.ketan and @starbucks2010 for the info
    - added 420rom folder reset zip - this is sent to sdcard and is to be used only when your rom install choices arent being actioned or if old features selected are still being unintentionally installed
    - roboto-thin.ttf added to firmware to stop 3minit clock fc - thanks @dr.ketan

v2.0.1

- simple bugfix for those that wish to keep bixby - no need to flash unless you use bixby or have ORD (obsessive romming disorder)

v2.0

- rebased on BUL6 OneUI 4 - Android 12 firmware
    - updated magisk
    - updated goodlock apps
    - added new bootanimation
    - added new TWRP to convertor
    - added new wallpapers
    - added wallpapers to dex
    - removed encryption from firmware
    - updated safteynet v2.2.1 fix added
    - updated bluetooth lib patcher added

v1.1-b5

- added option to either keep or kill Bixby - this is done at the system level and if you nuke Bixby and want it back, you will need to restore a backup or flash the stock rooted odin files.
    - added magisk 23001
    - all Goodlock apps updated
    - Rebased to AUI4 firmware

V1-b2
    - initial xda release

what's next? & Known Bugs we can't do much about or will sort eventually

- 420rom folder in internal storage needs deleting between every fresh rom flash - this wont matter until you need to select different rom choices - just delete this folder from internal using TWRP file manager

- you may get the odd systemUI FC in dex

-if A SYSTEM APP hasn't been removed, try uninstalling it ;) you should now be able to - any updates installed over an original system app remain as they are data apps following an update

CORE DEV TEAM

Myself - team owner and Rom Module chef
    @abun880007 - team co-conspirator

Huge thanks to.................
    @abun880007 for the legendary support and collab
    @Zackptg5 for the brilliant MMT Extended zip
    Rooted with Magisk - thanks @topjohnwu
    @topjohnwu for magisk
    @Winb33) for the samsungsans7.2 fonts
    @superr for the kitchen
    @starbucks2010 for the csc features inspiration
    @Team_DeWitt for the Awesome V4A 2.7 - a must have for audiophiles!!
    G Harrington for the 3minit apps
    Team Vanced for bringing us all youtube Vanced
    @dr.ketan for the various pointers and sage advice :)
    Finally, @m8980, thanks for letting me adapt your CSC features into my module. :good::good::good:

DOWNLOADS

420rom website

XDA:DevDB Information
    [MAGISK Rom & Base], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
    Good afternoon all - i am happy to announce v1.1 (beta 5) is now live in the first post.

simple changelog:

v1.1-b5

- added option to either keep or kill Bixby - this is done at the system level and if you nuke Bixby and subsequently decide you want it back, you will need to restore a backup or flash the stock rooted odin files.
    - added magisk 23001
    - all Goodlock apps updated
    - TWRP a37 packaged in convertor
    - Rebased to AUI4 firmware

IMPORTANT - ALTHOUGH A BACKUP OF DATA IS ALWAYS RECOMMENDED - THE NEW AUI4 ODIN FILES WILL NOT WIPE DATA

PLEASE SEE MY ROOTING THREAD FOR FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS AND THE ODIN FILES HERE (WHICH CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE FIRST POST)
    INSTALL PROCEDURE

FIRSTLY ROOT YOUR DEVICE BY FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE

1 - FLASH "MASTER MODULE" IN MAGISK AND ENTER INSTALL CHOICES WHEN PROMPTED

2 - CHECK INTERNAL STORAGE/420ROM FOLDER FOR THE "BASE CONVERTOR" - REBOOT TO TWRP AND FLASH THIS FILE

3 - THIS FILE WILL DEBLOAT, PERFORM SOME OTHER UNDER THE HOOD MODIFICATIONS AND MINES SYSTEM FILES WHICH THE FINAL ZIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY MODIFY MID-FLASH

4 - REBOOT TO SYSTEM AND CHECK THE SAME FOLDER AS IN STEP 2 - FLASH THIS "ROM MODULE" IN MAGISK - ALL THE INSTALL OPTIONS YOU MADE IN STEP 1 WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DETECTED AND ACTIONED IN THIS FLASH.

5 - REBOOT TO ACTIVATE ROM MODULE AND ENJOY!!
    You're absolutely shure to root your phone, if you're not able to open a 7z file? Good luck ...

we have root
    camera works
    and also TWRP now