[MAGISK Rom /Flashable Base ) 420rom N986B V2.3.2- CUA2 - ANDROID 11 - OneUI 3.0 - Sec Patch 01/2021 - Released 16/01/2021

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
exocetdj... This is a REALLY INTERESTING Rom...

I'm on TMobile now... Moving from the N9 N960F/DS to the N20 Ultra 5G... Debating whether to purchase the US version N20 Ultra 5G US version (for best 4G+5G) or the International 5G (SM-N986B/DS) version... So I'm reading thru the forum here and I am wondering what the emplementation of these are... How these work within this Rom:
- enable Esim support? Does Esim now work and on which devices? So I can purchase the correct version of the N20...
and
- enable 5G support? What 5G bands are enabled, or "additional bands" enabled on International versions of the N20?... So i can purchase the correvt version of the N20....

I am more partial to the International DS versions but of course the 4G & 5G band supports are more limited in the US...

Otherwise... I would just wait on the Oppo Find X3 Pro except for the lack of full 4G & 5G band coverage... US carriers are BS with all thier "restrictions" just to get us to spend MORE money for dang LESS...

Thanks for the work and your time to respond....

DomH...
hey man, im updating the first post (long overdue0 enabling 5g support was an old feature and im not sure that would work on our shiny new N986B devices with dedicated 5g - or help in a situation where you are trying to force 5g support (im a bit more optimistic on the latter though) do some research on the various carrier bands used for 5g (im losing myself here hahaha) hope you get the Variant you want - i am on N986B and all roms i make here are Exynos chipped

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Updated Changelog below since 2.1 to let you know what i have been up to - i have updated the first post completely apart from links which should follow imminently

Changelog

2.2-2.3.1 (unreleased xmas testing)

Rom-module

- moved all install and extract code to functions which are each called when you select an install option for the magisk rom module features - main upshot is that it saves a **** load of time installing the module. The long boring extraction list before the install options is now a past nightmare
- tidying up the script big time - variables defined for mod extraction paths etc - makes debugging much easier haha ;)

Module Base

- Latest TWRP from Ianmacd included from now on - the base will automatically flash this.
- updated disabler included
- Magisk updated to V21.2

v2.1 (unreleased) & 2.1.1
- Full script rewrite for a big big change in cscfeatures implementation method
- csc features are now selectable should you not wish to install all of them
- updated source to CTL5
- CSC mod fixes
- bugs and performance fixes

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
Hi

Just to let you know you can access v1.1 rom module and base in the links in the first post - Based on ATJ1 A10 - these are the last A10 rom/base i have made - apologies for delay

Hi dev, any chance you can make available your latest Android 10 compatible ROM? I just purchased and received this beautiful phone and I'm not ready to upgrade to 11 yet. Thank you.

Reactions: nickelnine

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
If any N980F testers want to help me with implementing support, please DM me (PM to old farts like me) or make yourself known in my TG group. N985F will be coming too.

The module will serve all three devices but I will be providing separate bases

s3axel

Mar 4, 2013
What it means use Odin files?
The ROM files flashed in TWRP don't update e.g. modem and bootloader. This is why you need to flash those in ODIN.

In case of this update its simple if you have been on CTL5 before: just do nothing :) Else you need to flash the files provided in the archive in the ODIN folder in Odin....

Reactions: Yossim766

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
The ROM files flashed in TWRP don't update e.g. modem and bootloader. This is why you need to flash those in ODIN.

In case of this update its simple if you have been on CTL5 before: just do nothing :) Else you need to flash the files provided in the archive in the ODIN folder in Odin....
He will need to flash the odin files if currently on CTL5 as this is a newer firmware CUA2

Reactions: s3axel

vtec303

Sep 19, 2007
Manchester
I'm coming from CTL5, after odin flash and booting in twrp do I have to do a factory data reset ? which will wipe everything clean and I'm trying to avoid that, only if I have to, cheers

exocetdj

Dec 2, 2011
Jah's making me crazy
I'm coming from CTL5, after odin flash and booting in twrp do I have to do a factory data reset ? which will wipe everything clean and I'm trying to avoid that, only if I have to, cheers
remove any 420rom module (if installed) first.....

-flash the odin files in download mode with auto-reboot off

-then - keeping your phone plugged in to PC - vol down and power to exit download and vol up and power immediately and hold to enter twrp

-copy the base on your device (this can be done at any point when booted in TWRP or system before you start) and flash in TWRP - No wipe should be needed :)

-reboot to System and if successful, it will cycle through optimising apps on initial boot - go ahead and flash the Rom Module.

also if you cant be arsed flashing the module base and want to stay rooted stock, the Rom module will work on that too

Reactions: vtec303

vtec303

Sep 19, 2007
Manchester
remove any 420rom module (if installed) first.....

-flash the odin files in download mode with auto-reboot off

-then - keeping your phone plugged in to PC - vol down and power to exit download and vol up and power immediately and hold to enter twrp

-copy the base on your device (this can be done at any point when booted in TWRP or system before you start) and flash in TWRP - No wipe should be needed :)

-reboot to System and if successful, it will cycle through optimising apps on initial boot - go ahead and flash the Rom Module.

also if you cant be arsed flashing the module base and want to stay rooted stock, the Rom module will work on that too
Thanks mate for the detailed info, are we suppose to extract the modem and bootloader (odin files) from the base ? cheers

nickelnine

Sep 24, 2013
Hi

Just to let you know you can access v1.1 rom module and base in the links in the first post - Based on ATJ1 A10 - these are the last A10 rom/base i have made - apologies for delay
Thanks a lot. I've installed the A10 rom/base but I'm not seeing Google apps that from my understanding should be installed with the module. How do I get those?

EDIT: The Google Edition install is not available in Google drive. That is what I need I believe. Can you make that available?

Last edited: