[Magisk ROM][RMX2001][90HZ][Debloat]PpPmod[v1.1]

Search This thread

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
PpPmod for Realme UI

pppmod-1.png

About PpPmod

PpPmod is a port of the excellent xXx NoLimits magisk ROM for Oxygen OS. It's a systemless modification to the default Realme UI that allows the user to get much more out of his device than the default configuration allows.

But why a magisk ROM?

For two reasons:
1. Realme devices offer good price to performance ratio, but in many cases they lack a developer community around them to build those ROMs the users want.
2. Realme UI is not that bad honestly. It offers good performance, it's not too crazy aesthetically and its bloatware isn't baked deep into the system.

It's also a much safer way to modify Mediatek devices. As long as you've managed to root your phone, you are good to go. If something goes wrong, just wipe data and no harm, no foul.

Supported devices

While in theory, any Realme device with Realme UI v1, Android 10 and a full HD screen resolution should be compatible, the only two devices this has been tested on are a Realme 6 and a Realme 6 Pro. For the curious, i own the later.

Ok, but what does it do?

- Port of xXx NoLimits for Oxygen OS
- Fully systemless Realme UI ROM mod for magisk
- Designed to work with all phones that run RealmeUI v1, Android 10 on full HD screens, including MTK ones
- Fully configurable installation, every component is optional
- Includes comprehensive debloating options
- Optional build.prop tweaks
- Many kernel tweaks that can be adjusted and combined, in order to target different degrees of performance and battery life
- 90hz/120hz for ALL apps when the display is set to its high refresh rate
- GMS Doze included
- Ability to disable analytics
- Ability to disable wakelocks
- Can enable full screen gestures (swipe up) for 3rd party launchers
- Ability to set custom bootanimations from a built in list, or as a user selected bootanimation.zip
- Includes extra launchers, sounds and icons from popular device brands like Pixel and OnePlus
- Gcams for both Qualcomm and Mediatek devices are included (by Urnyx and onFire)
- Youtube Vanced, detached from the playstore so no pesky updates can override it
- Google Dialer and Contacts, both old and new versions
- Custom density modes
- Ability to systemize apps

In order to set your own bootanimation, place a bootanimation.zip inside /sdcard/PpPmod. You can also place a shutdown/restart animation named rbootanimation.zip there. Make sure that your bootanimations are 1080 pixels in width, or they won't work as you'd expect. If you set option CustomBootAnimation to 1 in PpP.profile, your animations will be used during start up and/or reboot, instead of the default ones. For more information about the PpPmod folder and the PpP.profile file go to Installation Instructions.

If you want to systemize an app for whatever reason, just place the apk inside /sdcard/PpPmod/apps., before flashing.

Concerning debloating there is a master switch you should toggle if you want your individual options to work. Set IndividualDebloatSelection to 1.

Installation Instructions

You will find detailed installation instructions along with download links on post #3

Screenshots

For screenshots, press here

Thanks to:

xXx
ahmed_radaideh
dustintinsley
gloeyisk
k1ks
andip71
linuxct
Mostafa Wael
mrRobinson
osm0sis
rufus.wilson
snowwolf725
topjohnwu
Zackptg5
ZaneZam
Kevin Saiza
Tytydraco

XDA:DevDB Information
PpPmod, ROM for the Realme 6

Contributors
FatherJony
ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Firmware Required: RealmeUI

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2020-09-14

Created 2020-09-03
Last Updated 2020-09-14

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.č_1

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
Changelog

Version 1.1
  • Fixed a bug where enabling HighRefreshRate had no effect on the first boot after installation.
  • Updated Google Dialer to the latest version.
  • Updated sqlite to the latest version.
  • Reworked kernel tweaks, with some inspiration from Ktweak by tytydraco.
  • New ReadAhead option added. This allows the user to disable, or set the readahead cache to a percentage of the device's memory. Default is 1 (cache disabled).
  • New CPUGovernorTweaks option added. When this is enabled, schedutil and interactive governor tunables are tweaked in order to increase performance. The default governor will also switch to schedutil or interactive depending on availability. Default is 1 (enabled).
  • Reworked CPUInputBoost option to make it more granular. You can now select from small, medium, high and max presets. For more info about them read the profile description.
  • Reworked CPUStuneBoost option to make it more granular. You can now select from small, medium, high and extreme presets. For more info about them read the profile description.

Last edited:

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
Installation

PpPmod allows for a fully customizable installation. The way this works is via a configuration file called PpP.profile. You will always be able to find the latest version of this file on this post. Make sure you edit this file on Notepad++ if you are opening it on Windows in order to preserve the Unix EOL format.

Requirements:
  • Realme UI v1 on Android 10 and display width of 1080 pixels
  • A working Magisk installation of v20.4 or higher
  • PpPmod should only be flashed via Magisk Manager

First time installation:
  • Place PpP.profile in /sdcard/PpPmod/ and edit it to personalize the installation to your liking
  • Flash the PpPmod zip via Magisk Manager
  • Reboot. Wait for at least a minute to let all installation options take effect.
  • Done

The first time you install, chances are that the PpPmod folder will not be in /sdcard, so you have to create it yourself. If you don't place PpP.profile there, the mod will be installed with the default options when you flash it and place the default PpP.profile inside /sdcard/PpPmod/.

Update to a newer version:
  • Open Magisk Manager and uninstall the previous version
  • Reboot
  • Wait for a couple of minutes after reboot as the uninstallation process can take some time
  • Install the newer version via Magisk Manager. Don't worry about changes to PpP.profile, they will be merged to your older version profile
  • Reboot. Wait for at least a minute to let all installation options take effect
  • Done

Uninstallation:
  • Press the waste bin icon next to the mod's name on the Magisk Manager
  • Reboot. Wait for a couple of minutes after reboot as the uninstallation process can take some time
  • Done

Downloads:

PpPmod v1.1
PpP.profile v2

PpPmod v1.0
PpP.profile v1

Last edited:

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
FAQ

Q: I just installed PpPmod and my phone has heated up and stutters, is this normal?
A: Yes, the installation process is fairly intense, and during the first boot following the installation, a lot of stuff happens in the background. Just let your phone settle for 10 minutes and it should be fine.

Q: I did all that and my phone still heats up, you liar!
A: Well, check your settings. PpPmod offers many options for tweaking, but not every one of them is suitable for all phones, or all usage patterns. In general, the higher performance settings may be fine for general usage and offer you a flagship like experience along with a high refresh rate, but will cause excessive heat and throttling during gaming.
For example, maybe a 12nm chipset shouldn't be pushed aggressively by enabling CPU boost options, especially if you game alot. You may gain a brief performance boost that will sooner or later be the cause of intense overheating, which will cause throttling, which will cause stutters. In short, try to be reasonable with your settings and expectations, PpPmod will not magically turn your mid range chipset into an SD865.
PpPmod is also not designed to work along with other magisk mods that adjust performance by altering kernel behavior. If you want to use such mods with it, try disabling every PpPmod performance setting, like:
  • KernelTweaks
  • LMK_RAM_Management
  • ReadAhead
  • DisablePeWq
  • DisableHotplugging
  • IncreaseMinGPUFreq
  • CPUGovernorTweaks
  • CPUStuneBoost
  • CPUInputBoost
The result may still not be ideal, but this is your best bet.

Q: My debloating options aren't working!
A: You forgot to set option IndividualDebloatSelection to 1.

Q: I think i found a bug, what is the best way to report it?
A: You should always include a detailed description of what triggers the bug, its effects, your specific phone model (including hardware characteristics like RAM and storage), firmware version, your PpP.profile and preferably a logcat from when the bug occurred.

Q: Can i be a beta tester? I swear i am awesome!
A: As long as you meet certain conditions, sure! The conditions are:
  • First and foremost, you must understand that beta testing doesn't mean early access. Most of the time you will have to do things that may be inconvenience you, or lead to loss of time and data (factory resets)
  • You should know at the very least how to setup and use adb
  • You should have A realme device with Android 10 and Realme UI v1

Q: Can i ask for a feature?
A: Sure, but keep in mind that PpPmod isn't primarily geared towards a specific device. So while device specific features are not out of the question, priority will be given to features that affect a range of devices.

Q: My phone isn't listed in supported devices, but it's a Realme device with Realme UI v1, Android 10 and a full HD resolution, should i give this a try?
A: Yes, as long as you don't mind resetting your data if something goes wrong, you should. That's exactly what i am trying to achieve with this mod. Normally, a new phone like for example the Realme X7 Pro would not have any options for customization on release, and may never get much due to the Mediatek soc. But PpPmod should work immediately, at least in theory. Even if there are some device specific issues i will do my best to fix them, and in the worst case scenario the phone is still safe from any permanent harm. Just reboot to recovery and reset data.

Q: PpPmod sucks and i wanna uninstall it. Must i also remove magisk?
A: NO, you don't have to and in fact you shouldn't if you don't have a reason unrelated to PpPmod, as magisk resides in your boot partition and thus unlike PpPmod, can mess with your device if you aren't careful.

Q: What does PpP mean?
A: No one knows fo sure. Some thik that it means Pro Plus Prime. Some other, less charitable persons claim it means PapaPowah instead. We may never know the truth.

Q: What do you plan for your next project?
A: Rewriting Android in Objective Cobol

Q: Is it true that you are actually a boomer?
A: Ok, that's enough. You guys have crossed the line and now i am forced to conclude this QA session.

Last edited:

PapaSid26.12

Apr 7, 2016
Does it work for RMX2001 Realme 6(india). I would assume it does as mentioned in OP. however, i would just like to confirm. don't want to brick my new phone.

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
Does it work for RMX2001 Realme 6(india). I would assume it does as mentioned in OP. however, i would just like to confirm. don't want to brick my new phone.

Yes, it works. But the whole point of a systemless mod is that you CAN'T brick your phone. Worst case you will just have to wipe data via recovery.

marvinvvh

Nov 19, 2019
great job but will it work for eu version to (rmx2001)
we are unable to unlock bootloader with deeptesting.apk and nobody seems to care..

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
great job but will it work for eu version to (rmx2001)
we are unable to unlock bootloader with deeptesting.apk and nobody seems to care..

I am sorry to hear that about the EU version. I thought that this would have been resolved by now. Unfortunately this is a magisk mod, thus it doesn't work without magisk.

S

Shanpatil

Even after making changes in PpP.profile I'm getting default settings

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
Even after making changes in PpP.profile I'm getting default settings

You have to make the changes and save them before flashing the mod. Meaning that if the mod is already flashed and you make changes to PpP.profile, you have to remove the mod and reinstall it in order to get the new settings.

Last edited:

fraillesgeon

Nov 16, 2014
I bricked my phone...

Yep, title says it all.

It was supposed to be systemless though right?
So what happened was, I successfully rooted the phone, installed magisk using the manager, download both the profile and the mod itself. 1st installed the mod using magisk without the profile installed, got some bugs like green screen on viewfinder, default camera app though so i thought the problem lies within the profile settings so... uninstalled then installed 2nd with the profile on. Still got green screens, videos goes green as well, and UI restarts when I try to access stock launcher widgets. So i decided I'd uninstall the mod and magisk as well, and so i did. Restarted on each uninstall, and gave time as instructed. After magisk I got stuck on boot. Only access is to recovery and I can't seem to find any SP flash tool options like other mediatek devices have. 1st time on a realme phone as well. Any thoughts on where I actually fd up?

Edit: Tried wiping data but to no avail. (wipe and format)

Last edited:

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
Yep, title says it all.

It was supposed to be systemless though right?
So what happened was, I successfully rooted the phone, installed magisk using the manager, download both the profile and the mod itself. 1st installed the mod using magisk without the profile installed, got some bugs like green screen on viewfinder, default camera app though so i thought the problem lies within the profile settings so... uninstalled then installed 2nd with the profile on. Still got green screens, videos goes green as well, and UI restarts when I try to access stock launcher widgets. So i decided I'd uninstall the mod and magisk as well, and so i did. Restarted on each uninstall, and gave time as instructed. After magisk I got stuck on boot. Only access is to recovery and I can't seem to find any SP flash tool options like other mediatek devices have. 1st time on a realme phone as well. Any thoughts on where I actually fd up?

Edit: Tried wiping data but to no avail. (wipe and format)

The mod is indeed systemless, but magisk isn't. If you'd asked for help before attempting to uninstall magisk (for no reason i might add), i would have explained that the module files can be found in /data/adb/modules/RealmeUI_PpP_mod and you can remove them manually if you have issues. But removing magisk on mediatek does mess with boot partition so it can brick your phone. Fortunately for you, if you can enter fastboot mode you are not truly bricked yet. What i am assuming happened is that your boot.img was restored to the factory one but vbmeta (which i am assuming you also replaced with a patched one in order to root your device) wasn't. Be extra careful with what you do from now on as you can really brick your device. I would suggest downloading the exact rom version you have installed on your phone, extracting the boot and vbmeta images and flashing them via fastboot. If you are not experienced with this kind of stuff you should download telegram and seek help in the Realme 6 community there.

fraillesgeon

Nov 16, 2014
The mod is indeed systemless, but magisk isn't. If you'd asked for help before attempting to uninstall magisk (for no reason i might add), i would have explained that the module files can be found in /data/adb/modules/RealmeUI_PpP_mod and you can remove them manually if you have issues. But removing magisk on mediatek does mess with boot partition so it can brick your phone. Fortunately for you, if you can enter fastboot mode you are not truly bricked yet. What i am assuming happened is that your boot.img was restored to the factory one but vbmeta (which i am assuming you also replaced with a patched one in order to root your device) wasn't. Be extra careful with what you do from now on as you can really brick your device. I would suggest downloading the exact rom version you have installed on your phone, extracting the boot and vbmeta images and flashing them via fastboot. If you are not experienced with this kind of stuff you should download telegram and seek help in the Realme 6 community there.

First of all, thanks a lot for replying. Really cleared everything out.

HAHAHA YEAH there was no reason to uninstall magisk at all, wonder why i actually did that. For science I guess?

And so I have the vbmeta and boot img from the B.45 patch, i can get to recovery and i connected my phone to my pc the only problem is i can't seem to authorize my phone for adb. (RSA Key prompt doesnt happen on recovery), any other way to get to fastboot?

EDIT: THERE WAS! (assuming that download mode is fastboot) I kept pressing the version at the bottom of the screen on recovery and it showed a prompt to go to download mode. Unfortunately though, can't seem to access it. It just automatically restarts on REALME boot.

Last edited:
U

umairahmad2020

First of all, thanks a lot for replying. Really cleared everything out.

HAHAHA YEAH there was no reason to uninstall magisk at all, wonder why i actually did that. For science I guess?

And so I have the vbmeta and boot img from the B.45 patch, i can get to recovery and i connected my phone to my pc the only problem is i can't seem to authorize my phone for adb. (RSA Key prompt doesnt happen on recovery), any other way to get to fastboot?

EDIT: THERE WAS! (assuming that download mode is fastboot) I kept pressing the version at the bottom of the screen on recovery and it showed a prompt to go to download mode. Unfortunately though, can't seem to access it. It just automatically restarts on REALME boot.

I did the same mistak. Howevre here is a solution.

If you have sd card, download latest ozip file from realme wessbite and place in root of sd card. Then insert it into your realme 6 and boot into recovery using power and vol down. After that install zip from total storage and install from sd card. Hopefullt it will be back.

On an another note there shall be some key combo for booting into fastboot mode

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
Yes, you can install via recovery if you can push the ozip to /sdcard. But when the boot or vbmeta imgs are modified sometimes the installation fails. Hopefully it will work for @fraillesgeon.

As for PpPmod, i would appreciate if you guys could report the specific bugs you encountered and provide me with your PpP.profile settings. I cannot improve this for Realme 6 without your help as i don't own the device. I do have a few beta testers but sometimes they will miss stuff, it's only natural.

fraillesgeon

Nov 16, 2014
I'm back!

Yes, you can install via recovery if you can push the ozip to /sdcard. But when the boot or vbmeta imgs are modified sometimes the installation fails. Hopefully it will work for @fraillesgeon.

As for PpPmod, i would appreciate if you guys could report the specific bugs you encountered and provide me with your PpP.profile settings. I cannot improve this for Realme 6 without your help as i don't own the device. I do have a few beta testers but sometimes they will miss stuff, it's only natural.

Well I've been doing it for days, it seems I was just using a broken sdcard and when it patches it fails, I thought that the phone was totally broken though lols. Well I'm back and installing PpPMod now.

And during my desperate attempt to fix the phone, I was searching for solutions, and found out that the camera problem and reboots was from a buggy boot and vbmeta img in the flash tool I used (the one posted and is now updated with a new one).

well that's that, I'll check the mod up for bugs and hope it helps as much as you helped me fatherjony, Thanks alot!

A

Antonyok

Can you do the step by step process on how to flash it using magisk?

FatherJony

Mar 28, 2011
Well I've been doing it for days, it seems I was just using a broken sdcard and when it patches it fails, I thought that the phone was totally broken though lols. Well I'm back and installing PpPMod now.

And during my desperate attempt to fix the phone, I was searching for solutions, and found out that the camera problem and reboots was from a buggy boot and vbmeta img in the flash tool I used (the one posted and is now updated with a new one).

well that's that, I'll check the mod up for bugs and hope it helps as much as you helped me fatherjony, Thanks alot!

Great news! I am really glad you were able to save your phone. As a rule, only use internal storage (/sdcard) for important operations.

I am looking forward to your impressions!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PpPmod for Realme UI

pppmod-1.png

About PpPmod

PpPmod is a port of the excellent xXx NoLimits magisk ROM for Oxygen OS. It's a systemless modification to the default Realme UI that allows the user to get much more out of his device than the default configuration allows.

But why a magisk ROM?

For two reasons:
    1. Realme devices offer good price to performance ratio, but in many cases they lack a developer community around them to build those ROMs the users want.
    2. Realme UI is not that bad honestly. It offers good performance, it's not too crazy aesthetically and its bloatware isn't baked deep into the system.

It's also a much safer way to modify Mediatek devices. As long as you've managed to root your phone, you are good to go. If something goes wrong, just wipe data and no harm, no foul.

Supported devices

While in theory, any Realme device with Realme UI v1, Android 10 and a full HD screen resolution should be compatible, the only two devices this has been tested on are a Realme 6 and a Realme 6 Pro. For the curious, i own the later.

Ok, but what does it do?

- Port of xXx NoLimits for Oxygen OS
    - Fully systemless Realme UI ROM mod for magisk
    - Designed to work with all phones that run RealmeUI v1, Android 10 on full HD screens, including MTK ones
    - Fully configurable installation, every component is optional
    - Includes comprehensive debloating options
    - Optional build.prop tweaks
    - Many kernel tweaks that can be adjusted and combined, in order to target different degrees of performance and battery life
    - 90hz/120hz for ALL apps when the display is set to its high refresh rate
    - GMS Doze included
    - Ability to disable analytics
    - Ability to disable wakelocks
    - Can enable full screen gestures (swipe up) for 3rd party launchers
    - Ability to set custom bootanimations from a built in list, or as a user selected bootanimation.zip
    - Includes extra launchers, sounds and icons from popular device brands like Pixel and OnePlus
    - Gcams for both Qualcomm and Mediatek devices are included (by Urnyx and onFire)
    - Youtube Vanced, detached from the playstore so no pesky updates can override it
    - Google Dialer and Contacts, both old and new versions
    - Custom density modes
    - Ability to systemize apps

In order to set your own bootanimation, place a bootanimation.zip inside /sdcard/PpPmod. You can also place a shutdown/restart animation named rbootanimation.zip there. Make sure that your bootanimations are 1080 pixels in width, or they won't work as you'd expect. If you set option CustomBootAnimation to 1 in PpP.profile, your animations will be used during start up and/or reboot, instead of the default ones. For more information about the PpPmod folder and the PpP.profile file go to Installation Instructions.

If you want to systemize an app for whatever reason, just place the apk inside /sdcard/PpPmod/apps., before flashing.

Concerning debloating there is a master switch you should toggle if you want your individual options to work. Set IndividualDebloatSelection to 1.

Installation Instructions

You will find detailed installation instructions along with download links on post #3

Screenshots

For screenshots, press here

Thanks to:

xXx
    ahmed_radaideh
    dustintinsley
    gloeyisk
    k1ks
    andip71
    linuxct
    Mostafa Wael
    mrRobinson
    osm0sis
    rufus.wilson
    snowwolf725
    topjohnwu
    Zackptg5
    ZaneZam
    Kevin Saiza
    Tytydraco

XDA:DevDB Information
    PpPmod, ROM for the Realme 6

Contributors
    FatherJony
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Firmware Required: RealmeUI

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-09-14

Created 2020-09-03
    Last Updated 2020-09-14
    I've problem where I can't opens any app (WhatsApp, Tele, photos etc.). When I click on the icon, there was blank screen and stuck on loading. I wonder what feature trigger this😂 zram? Or else?