• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Magisk Rom][SM-T86x] WETA 1.0 [SK1][12th.Nov.2019]

Search This thread

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
0heEu4S.jpg

To flash this rom, you will need to follow the instructions that are posted in post #2.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below. If you have a request, do it there with the tag #wetarequest.
WETA Galaxy Tab s6 TELEGRAM CHANNEL

WETA is a Magisk Rom. This means that in order to use this you need to have Magisk already installed on your device. It is Based off latest firmware currently. I make it for my own use, adding the mods and things I find important to my daily use.

This ROM is built from stock system images, decompiled and modded by me.[/SIZE][/I][/CENTER][/B]

Audio mods...

ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
- for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
ViPER4Android 2.7.1 , and updated V4A interface that can run on any V4A driver. Thanks goes out to - @Team_DeWitt - XDA Labs Link

Rom also includes...

3Minit Battery Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
- for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
3Minit Clock Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
- for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread
GRX Settings is used as a ROM control - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
Also other GRX mods are present such as Circle battery mod - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
Custom navbar height slider
Navbar and Status bar custom background colors
Network traffic indicators
Battery Bar in status bar or Navbar

--------------------------------------------------------------->

Changelog...

WETA v1.0
Based off SK1 firmware files
Initial release
Dex mods in future builds

----------------------------------------------------------------------->

ROM Downloads

Downloads can be had at the following folders, or they are also always posted in the TELEGRAM CHANNEL.

WETA Downloads (MEGA)
WETA Downloads (Nextcloud)

--------------------->

Kernel Source not needed at this stage, (no kernel included in zip)
download

--------------------->

Beer fund

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Installation...

1. Get yourself rooted, follow instructions on this thread HERE
2. Download rom module zip that corresponds to the firmware you're on. RK1 is the first build.
3. Flash the Rom module zip, in magisk manager, follow prompts and select with volume buttons. I can't guarantee installation from flashing in TWRP.

--->

Last edited:

pressmoon

May 25, 2012
Hey Mentalmuso,

Just got a T860 and I'd used your Weta ROM on my S9+ until you quit updating it. Best ROM I'd ever used. With this ROM being on a Snapdragon, I want to be absolutely sure that I don't screw up rooting it, etc. obviously. Is there anything different that I need to be aware of other than what's in your notes? A key for me will be if you plan at this point to update it at least once a month and when Android 10 hits. As with the S9+ I'll make a donation but know in the long run it would be a drop in the bucket.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hey Mentalmuso,

Just got a T860 and I'd used your Weta ROM on my S9+ until you quit updating it. Best ROM I'd ever used. With this ROM being on a Snapdragon, I want to be absolutely sure that I don't screw up rooting it, etc. obviously. Is there anything different that I need to be aware of other than what's in your notes? A key for me will be if you plan at this point to update it at least once a month and when Android 10 hits. As with the S9+ I'll make a donation but know in the long run it would be a drop in the bucket.

I'll be updating until the tab s7 is in my hands..
It's not a full rom as such, but a magisk module. Regardless of being snapdragon or exynos Samsung device, the rooting methods are the same, it's just the yearly iterations of devices change a lot as Samsung tries to squirm it's way around being a treble device.

Daniel Hjelvik

Jul 5, 2017
Do you have any plans on adding customization options for quick settings, notifications, status bar and so on?

Last edited:

JCordero31

Apr 3, 2008
Bronx
Installation...

2. Download rom module zip that corresponds to the firmware you're on. RK1 is the first build.
3. Flash the Rom module zip, in magisk manager, follow prompts and select with volume buttons. I can't guarantee installation from flashing in TWRP.

--->
Does this work on a T867U?

Extreemator

Jul 26, 2011
Can you add native button remapper please? Also is overclock is planned? Huge tablet can handle a slight oc

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
@Mentalmuso do you have any plan to prepare a stock flashable SM-T865 rom?

I'm not sure what you mean. But I don't do full system roms anymore, just magisk roms. There is no point in 2-3gb of system files in a rom. I see the merit for upgrading firmware but Odin does that spectacularly, and then simply overlaying the modified files over a stock system.

mertkan

Feb 12, 2010
Istanbul
I'm not sure what you mean. But I don't do full system roms anymore, just magisk roms. There is no point in 2-3gb of system files in a rom. I see the merit for upgrading firmware but Odin does that spectacularly, and then simply overlaying the modified files over a stock system.

I am asking this because i have a variant of Tab S6 (SM-T867) which has 4G but no phone call feature. I think it is probably a software restriction. I want to flash a SM-T865 Rom via TWRP to see if i can enable the feature or not.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
I am asking this because i have a variant of Tab S6 (SM-T867) which has 4G but no phone call feature. I think it is probably a software restriction. I want to flash a SM-T865 Rom via TWRP to see if i can enable the feature or not.

Every firmware has the calling and messaging apps in it. It'll be the csc that is r probably restricting things.

AndroidGreg

Mar 18, 2012
Every firmware has the calling and messaging apps in it. It'll be the csc that is r probably restricting things.

Is it possible for ya to make a way for us on Verizon and other carriers to get the phone and messages apps back? I got the 4g version to not have to rely on tethering to my phone but I feel shafted that I lost features.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0heEu4S.jpg

To flash this rom, you will need to follow the instructions that are posted in post #2.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below. If you have a request, do it there with the tag #wetarequest.
    WETA Galaxy Tab s6 TELEGRAM CHANNEL

WETA is a Magisk Rom. This means that in order to use this you need to have Magisk already installed on your device. It is Based off latest firmware currently. I make it for my own use, adding the mods and things I find important to my daily use.

This ROM is built from stock system images, decompiled and modded by me.[/SIZE][/I][/CENTER][/B]

Audio mods...

ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
    - for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    ViPER4Android 2.7.1 , and updated V4A interface that can run on any V4A driver. Thanks goes out to - @Team_DeWitt - XDA Labs Link

Rom also includes...

3Minit Battery Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    3Minit Clock Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread
    GRX Settings is used as a ROM control - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    Also other GRX mods are present such as Circle battery mod - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    Custom navbar height slider
    Navbar and Status bar custom background colors
    Network traffic indicators
    Battery Bar in status bar or Navbar

--------------------------------------------------------------->

Changelog...

WETA v1.0
    Based off SK1 firmware files
    Initial release
    Dex mods in future builds

----------------------------------------------------------------------->

ROM Downloads

Downloads can be had at the following folders, or they are also always posted in the TELEGRAM CHANNEL.

WETA Downloads (MEGA)
    WETA Downloads (Nextcloud)

--------------------->

Kernel Source not needed at this stage, (no kernel included in zip)
    download

--------------------->

Beer fund
    PSA

Just a note, to let you all know ill work on this rom module for oneui 2.1 tonight.
    Thanks

--->
    Installation...

--->
    Sounds like your on the same page as me. Android pie OneUi is hands down my favorite Rom I have it on my S7 edge so theres no need for custom rom. Just a permissive kernel, Twrp, Root, and viper. I wouldn't be buying the tablet if I couldn't get root and viper. I have the S2 tab right now and its still pretty good but it needs a few things. Quick charge, and stereo speakers on each side. The S6 has that and from what Ive heard they sound the best anyones heard on a tablet. So im looking forward to it.

Yeah the speakers are surprisingly good
    Thank you I been following along on the telegram thread a little I just was getting confused. Have you guys got viper4android 2.3.4 to work on android 10 on the tablet? Im wanting to move up to 10 when I get it but right now viper 2.7.1 is the only one that 'll work on android 10 on my phone. Viper is a huge deal I could never go without it now lol. I love 2.3.4 version much better unless theres a way to get the 2.7.1 style apk to work with 2.3.4 driver.

Also, I do believe I can get the 2.3.4.0 driver to work with the updated UI. I'll mess around with it because I'm with you on the quality being superior on the older drivers