• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Magisk Rom][SM-T86x] WETA 1.0 [SK1][12th.Nov.2019]

Search This thread

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Help me out guys I'm a little confused after reading the comments. I plan to get the S6 tablet probably model SM-T860. Im wondering what model number is the one the developer is using that way i'm on the right one? Also is this magisk module the weta kernel and viper 2.3.4 ? It seems like theres a kernel and module. I dont understand if anyone can explain that would be great.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I also see the viper 2.7.1 that runs on any driver. I was wondering how do you do that? I would like to have the super driver 2.3.4 with the viper 2.7.1 apk on all my devices if it possible I dont know how I've never heard anyone doing that.

This thread is for a magisk module that adds rom like features such as v4a, ui mods etc
The Kernel is part of the TWRP and root thread. Basically start by going to the TWRP thread and getting situated with root, then come back here and add the mods module

--->

Reactions: TiTiB

Techguy777

This thread is for a magisk module that adds rom like features such as v4a, ui mods etc
The Kernel is part of the TWRP and root thread. Basically start by going to the TWRP thread and getting situated with root, then come back here and add the mods module

--->

Thank you I been following along on the telegram thread a little I just was getting confused. Have you guys got viper4android 2.3.4 to work on android 10 on the tablet? Im wanting to move up to 10 when I get it but right now viper 2.7.1 is the only one that 'll work on android 10 on my phone. Viper is a huge deal I could never go without it now lol. I love 2.3.4 version much better unless theres a way to get the 2.7.1 style apk to work with 2.3.4 driver.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Thank you I been following along on the telegram thread a little I just was getting confused. Have you guys got viper4android 2.3.4 to work on android 10 on the tablet? Im wanting to move up to 10 when I get it but right now viper 2.7.1 is the only one that 'll work on android 10 on my phone. Viper is a huge deal I could never go without it now lol. I love 2.3.4 version much better unless theres a way to get the 2.7.1 style apk to work with 2.3.4 driver.

I basically root for viper. So I'm in the same boat as you, and yes all versions of viper work in this module. Don't install any other audio modules, such as aml etc. It's not needed and will only mess up the install.

Reactions: TiTiB

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin

Also, I do believe I can get the 2.3.4.0 driver to work with the updated UI. I'll mess around with it because I'm with you on the quality being superior on the older drivers

Techguy777

I basically root for viper. So I'm in the same boat as you, and yes all versions of viper work in this module. Don't install any other audio modules, such as aml etc. It's not needed and will only mess up the install.

Sounds like your on the same page as me. Android pie OneUi is hands down my favorite Rom I have it on my S7 edge so theres no need for custom rom. Just a permissive kernel, Twrp, Root, and viper. I wouldn't be buying the tablet if I couldn't get root and viper. I have the S2 tab right now and its still pretty good but it needs a few things. Quick charge, and stereo speakers on each side. The S6 has that and from what Ive heard they sound the best anyones heard on a tablet. So im looking forward to it.

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sounds like your on the same page as me. Android pie OneUi is hands down my favorite Rom I have it on my S7 edge so theres no need for custom rom. Just a permissive kernel, Twrp, Root, and viper. I wouldn't be buying the tablet if I couldn't get root and viper. I have the S2 tab right now and its still pretty good but it needs a few things. Quick charge, and stereo speakers on each side. The S6 has that and from what Ive heard they sound the best anyones heard on a tablet. So im looking forward to it.

Yeah the speakers are surprisingly good

Techguy777

Also, I do believe I can get the 2.3.4.0 driver to work with the updated UI. I'll mess around with it because I'm with you on the quality being superior on the older drivers

That would be awesome I personally feel like the 2.3.4 super quality version is a lot clearer and theres more punch to it. The other version is still decent by all means its better than stock but I'd prefer 2.3.4. Im curious did you guys get blocked out for 7 days on the OEM unlock in developer options like some note 10 users did? I'm guessing I'll have by Thursday and wondering if I'll have to wait to unlock the bootloader or if I can Root once its charged. Im thinking it will be the SM-T860 XAR american model from Best buy unless the 8gb , 256gb model goes back on sale.

Tops1

Nov 17, 2015
Melbourne
Hi I'm using T860 on stock android 9 should i update to android 10 first before installing your rom.
Thanks

jhill110

Oct 12, 2012
Santa Barbara
HTC U11
Moto G Power
I'll be updating until the tab s7 is in my hands..
Hey @Mentalmuso
While I'm waiting for my S7 to arrive in 10 or 12 days, out of boredom I've been reading through old threads. I'm very glad to see your going the S7 route also.
I was wondering when or even if TWRP would be on horizon for the S7. Now I feel a lot better about it.
Thanks for the work you've done and get going on whatever S7 endeavors you may have up your sleeve ASAP!
Thanks

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hey @Mentalmuso
While I'm waiting for my S7 to arrive in 10 or 12 days, out of boredom I've been reading through old threads. I'm very glad to see your going the S7 route also.
I was wondering when or even if TWRP would be on horizon for the S7. Now I feel a lot better about it.
Thanks for the work you've done and get going on whatever S7 endeavors you may have up your sleeve ASAP!
Thanks

I don't have the s7 and aren't intending to get it either unfotunately

Reactions: pierro78

blackspy_

Nov 29, 2011
d/l links

hi mentalmuso,
i see the downloadlinks are not valid anymore. is there still a chance to d/l ur mod somewhere ?

thank You

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
this rom does not contain message or phone apk in it and i cant sideload it. i need T865 TWRP rom. Just as once i did it in Samsung N8005. N8005 only had 3g support but N8000 had call and 3g support. I basically flashed N8000 rom to N8005 and it worked perfectly.

mertkan-this is from almost a year back now :) but were you able to flash the 865 onto the 867? (or add the apps into priv-apps as noted earlier?)

also how did you unlock the bootloader? and did you root it as well-think that would be possible-b/l unlocking is the usually the biggest and first hurdle. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0heEu4S.jpg

To flash this rom, you will need to follow the instructions that are posted in post #2.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below. If you have a request, do it there with the tag #wetarequest.
    WETA Galaxy Tab s6 TELEGRAM CHANNEL

WETA is a Magisk Rom. This means that in order to use this you need to have Magisk already installed on your device. It is Based off latest firmware currently. I make it for my own use, adding the mods and things I find important to my daily use.

This ROM is built from stock system images, decompiled and modded by me.[/SIZE][/I][/CENTER][/B]

Audio mods...

ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
    - for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    ViPER4Android 2.7.1 , and updated V4A interface that can run on any V4A driver. Thanks goes out to - @Team_DeWitt - XDA Labs Link

Rom also includes...

3Minit Battery Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    3Minit Clock Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread
    GRX Settings is used as a ROM control - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    Also other GRX mods are present such as Circle battery mod - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    Custom navbar height slider
    Navbar and Status bar custom background colors
    Network traffic indicators
    Battery Bar in status bar or Navbar

--------------------------------------------------------------->

Changelog...

WETA v1.0
    Based off SK1 firmware files
    Initial release
    Dex mods in future builds

----------------------------------------------------------------------->

ROM Downloads

Downloads can be had at the following folders, or they are also always posted in the TELEGRAM CHANNEL.

WETA Downloads (MEGA)
    WETA Downloads (Nextcloud)

--------------------->

Kernel Source not needed at this stage, (no kernel included in zip)
    download

--------------------->

Beer fund
    PSA

Just a note, to let you all know ill work on this rom module for oneui 2.1 tonight.
    Thanks

--->
    Installation...

1. Get yourself rooted, follow instructions on this thread HERE
    2. Download rom module zip that corresponds to the firmware you're on. RK1 is the first build.
    3. Flash the Rom module zip, in magisk manager, follow prompts and select with volume buttons. I can't guarantee installation from flashing in TWRP.

--->

Yeah the speakers are surprisingly good