[Magisk Rom][T83x] WETA 7.0 [SG4][Sep.11]

Search This thread

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
WETA v6.1

I think I forgot to post this, but anyway disregard if you already have v6.1

This zip caters to both T830 and T835 just choose your model in the flashing process. Flash in TWRP or Magisk manager.

You must already be updated and on stock rooted SF4 firmware, (or other June sec patch firmware)

Rooted kernel installer for SF4 also in downloads.

Downloads Nextcloud - Downloads Mega
Downloads are also posted into the Telegram thread.

[emoji450] --->

macakfelix

May 9, 2019
root procedure in case of loop

1. Install pie sf4 firmware with odin. Reboot System, connect to net and finish setup
2. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock
3. Reboot Download mode and with odin flash TWRP TWRP-ODIN_Pie_3.3.0_sm-t83x_mentalmuso.tar like AP
4. TWRP Format data. reboot twrp
5. TWRP Install Magisk
6. TWRP Install img weta_kernel-t83x-sf4.img(depend if you have 830 or 835, x=0 or X=5 ) like bootloader. Image extract from WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip.
7. reboot system
8. Install magisk manager
9. Inside magisk manager install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1.zip
10. reboot system
11. INFO after this you can install zips from TWRP. Tested by me
11a. If you have problem with weta settings, uninstall magisk manager, reboot, install magisk manager, install weta. After that everything ok

This work for me. Other solution doesnt work because you cannot install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1.zip from twrp
Enjoy and drink beer.

Last edited:
Reactions: dolf123

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
1. Install pie sf4 firmware with odin. Reboot System, connect to net and finish setup
2. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock
3. Reboot Download mode and with odin flash TWRP TWRP-ODIN_Pie_3.3.0_sm-t83x_mentalmuso.tar like AP
4. TWRP Format data. reboot twrp
5. TWRP Install Magisk
6. TWRP Install img weta_kernel-t83x-sf4.img(depend if you have 830 or 835, x=0 or X=5 ) like bootloader. Image extract from WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip.
7. reboot system
8. Install magisk manager
9. Inside magisk manager install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1.zip
10. reboot system
11. INFO after this you can install zips from TWRP. Tested by me
11a. If you have problem with weta settings, uninstall magisk manager, reboot, install magisk manager, install weta. After that everything ok

This work for me. Other solution doesnt work because you cannot install WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4.zip and WETA_M_T83x_v6.1.zip from twrp
Enjoy and drink beer.

Thanks for trying to help,. I have updated the TWRP installation instructions, with an updated zip. To root, people should be following the instructions on post #2 of the TWRP thread thanks.

--->

macakfelix

May 9, 2019
from 5 doesnt work for me. Lots of error
I try lots of times and unsucessfull.
I cannot install kernel and disabler from twrp. Sm-T835
I cannot download anything from nextcloud (problem from croatia)
Thanks

TWRP and Root

Please just follow the instructions in post #2 of the TWRP thread - HERE
The root zip has been updated to work without Magisk environment,

--->

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin

karlhits

Jul 20, 2019
Hi,
Do I really sum up the instructions:

Starting point is still the following guide from mentalmuso. It works for SM-T830 as for SM-T835, right?.
A. Get the actually Stock Pie.
I. The region of the stock pie doesn't matter, right?
II. Boot into Download mode and Flash the stock Pie firmware with odin (Version Odin3_v3.13.1 works for that fine, right?).
(III. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock?)
B. Flash TWRP
I. Boot into Download mode and Flash TWRP (twrp-3.3.0-0-gts4lwifi.img works for that fine, right?) using Odin (use AP)
II. Immediately boot into TWRP after flashing takes place, hold vol up and power.
1. Format data partition (wipe/format data)
2. Reboot recovery
3. Copy WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4 disabled zip (means do not unzip, right?) or WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019 (which is the right one?) to device.
4. Flash WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4 disabled zip (means do not unzip, right?) or WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019 using TWRP
(5. What's about WETA_M_T83x_v6.1? When shall I flash this?)
C. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
D. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and check oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

Thank You

Last edited:

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hi,
Do I really sum up the instructions:

Starting point is still the following guide from mentalmuso. It works for SM-T830 as for SM-T835, right?.
A. Get the actually Stock Pie.
I. The region of the stock pie doesn't matter, right?
II. Boot into Download mode and Flash the stock Pie firmware with odin (Version Odin3_v3.13.1 works for that fine, right?).
(III. Enable developer options and OEM Unlock?)
B. Flash TWRP
I. Boot into Download mode and Flash TWRP (twrp-3.3.0-0-gts4lwifi.img works for that fine, right?) using Odin (use AP)
II. Immediately boot into TWRP after flashing takes place, hold vol up and power.
1. Format data partition (wipe/format data)
2. Reboot recovery
3. Copy WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4 disabled zip (means do not unzip, right?) or WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019 (which is the right one?) to device.
4. Flash WETA_Kernel_encryptionoff_SD1+SF4 disabled zip (means do not unzip, right?) or WETA_T83x_KernelRootNoEnc_SF4_June2019 using TWRP
(5. What's about WETA_M_T83x_v6.1? When shall I flash this?)
C. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
D. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and check oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

Thank You
Just follow the guidelines in post #2 of the twrp thread to root. Use the links that are in that post. Any questions regarding root and twrp should be in that thread.

This thread is for the rom. Keep it separate. Get yourself rooted with twrp, then come into this thread and flash WETA. You can't do it all in one twrp session.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

only_1

May 4, 2019
Just follow the guidelines in post #2 of the twrp thread to root. Use the links that are in that post. Any questions regarding root and twrp should be in that thread.
This thread is for the rom. Keep it separate. Get yourself rooted with twrp, then come into this thread and flash WETA. You can't do it all in one twrp session.

Updated t830: following instructions and links in post #2 for flashing weta-rom sf4.

everything works smoothly. no hard reboot necessary (wait 10 min. after reboot to system). installed rom via twrp.

smart solution!
thanx mentalmuso

g0at1

Sep 24, 2013
Hello @Mentalmuso

SG1 has been released to T835 ZTO about 10 days ago. However, I notice the release date is too close to some SF4.

Should I install stock SG1 and then Weta SF4? Or should I wait for an update to SG1?

T835 ZTO went from SD1 straight to SG1.

Thx in advance!

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hello @Mentalmuso

SG1 has been released to T835 ZTO about 10 days ago. However, I notice the release date is too close to some SF4.

Should I install stock SG1 and then Weta SF4? Or should I wait for an update to SG1?

Thx in advance!
Interesting. I'll take a look, but SG indicates August security patches

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: ALLDAT

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Hello @Mentalmuso

Thx in advance!
Na, it's still July, you don't need to update if you're on SF

Reactions: ALLDAT and g0at1

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Project closed?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

for download link https://www.wetarom.com/
It's just a website that I don't want to maintain right now, too busy. I plan on using it simply for hosting files later.

Reactions: ALLDAT

g0at1

Sep 24, 2013
Na, it's still July, you don't need to update if you're on SF

There's no specific SF4 for T835 ZTO. I'm still on SD1 and in the sequence there's just the SG1. Is it ok to flash one SF4 from another region (I think it's not, but I wanna be sure)? Or should I stay on SD1 until the next Weta release?

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
There's no specific SF4 for T835 ZTO. I'm still on SD1 and in the sequence there's just the SG1. Is it ok to flash one SF4 from another region (I think it's not, but I wanna be sure)? Or should I stay on SD1 until the next Weta release?
You can flash any firmware from any t835. Just don't flash csc

Reactions: ALLDAT and g0at1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    0heEu4S.jpg

You flash this rom at your own risk,
    i take no responsibility for any mishaps.​

To flash this rom, you will need to follow the instructions that are posted in post #2.​

Subscribe to update notifications and general chat by clicking the button below. If you have a request, do it there with the tag #wetarequest.
    WETA T830 TELEGRAM CHANNEL

WETA Update notification only channel - Update notifications

This here is my personal setup and thought i'd share. Usually i test extensively before releasing to public, but if you do find something detrimental to the usage of your device that is either Force Closing or simply not working, let me know and i will in turn inform whether that is something i will tend to.

WETA is made for Music geeks like me, its main focus is stability and Audio. It is Based off latest firmware currently, and will always be using the most up to date firmware base.

This ROM is built from stock system images, decompiled and modded by me.

Audio mods...

ViPER4Android 2.3.4.0 with Super quality audio driver or the new 2.5.0.5 with driver pre-installed (credit to @viper520 + @zhuhang)
    - for more info on V4A, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    ViPER4Android 2.6.* , and updated V4A interface that can run on any V4A driver. Thanks goes out to - @Team_DeWitt - XDA Labs Link

Rom also includes...

Hybrid Deodexed rom (only deodexed where needed for stability and smoothness
    3Minit Battery Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Battery, visit the WEBSITE or XDA thread
    3Minit Clock Mod Option (status bar and Home button) - (credit to @gharrington)
    - for more info on 3Minit Clock, visit the XDA thread
    GRX Settings is used as a ROM control - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)
    GRX Circle battery mod - (credit and thanks to @Grouxho)

Changelog...

Initial build
    V4A 2.3.4.0 + 2.5.0.4 + 2.6.0.6
    WETA Audio drivers
    Disabling of Samsung audio
    3Minit Battery and Clock
    Circle battery mod
    Net speed indicators
    Enable uhq for Bluetooth audio
    Nav bar height
    Nav bar colors
    V4A 2.3.4.0 + 2.5.0.5 + 2.6.0.6
    Knox disabled
    Debloated slightly
    Other stuff

Rebased off RK4 from T835
    - LTE functions should work
    Added reboot to Recovery tile to QS
    Added UHQ and Screen Capture tiles to QS

Rebased off SD1 (pie) from T830 and T837

Updated base to SF3 (t830 only until t835 available)
    Fixed Safety Net issues

Updated to SF4 base. Use the same firmware, and associated kernel to root.

Added model selection T835 now supported. Use volume buttons to select model at flash time.

Do not flash Gapps with this ROM!
    Because this is based off of stock Samsung, gapps are included.

Backup DATA!!! just in case.

Wipe Data if you are coming from another rom or version base if you have crashes or other issues before reporting.
    Format SDCard if coming from stock encrypted

Downloads Mega - Downloads v7.0+ Mega

--------------------->

Kernel Source -
    GITHUB

--------------------->

Beer fund

XDA:DevDB Information
    WETA T830, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

Contributors
    Mentalmuso, mentalmuso
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2019-01-28
    Last Updated 2019-01-27
    Pie root and TWRP

Below is a modified twrp img that will work with pie. I used @ashyx twrp to achieve this.

Root is a custom kernel with security disabled and is permissive. Magisk is pre patched.

1. Flash complete stock PIE using Odin.
    2. Boot up fully, connect to internet and open dev settings and check oem unlock is checked.
    3. Boot into download mode and flash WETA_Pie_T83x_Root+TWRP.tar in Odin. Don't let it boot to system, boot straight into TWRP.
    4. Flash T83x_PIE_encryptdisabler_+++.zip
    5. Format data in TWRP
    6. Reboot to recovery/TWRP
    7. Reboot to system

If boot hangs on Samsung logo for more than 7min then force reboot. It should bootup then.

Downloads - https://nextcloud.justbeca.us/s/t66H4DLXL5DYRss

There's always a chance of getting stuck with the unofficial binaries lockout message. If this happens flash stock Pie AP.tar with Odin. Boot and connect to internet then when you go to dev settings, oem unlock should be present and KG status should be back to checking. Remember this is all a work in progress

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
    Flasing Instructions

Pretty simple really...

Get yourself onto stock Pie firmware, using Odin to flash the complete package. Before proceeding. Boot up and make sure you have OEM unlock switch and its activated.

Follow the instructions here to get TWRP and Root - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=79483624

1. WETA Rom is now a Magisk Module. Download and flash in TWRP or Magisk Manager (must be done after Magisk has been installed and booted). You MUST have the same firmware base version as the module being flashed.
    2. Boot up system, if it hangs on Samsung logo after 3min perform hard reboot.
    3. Connect to internet and go to dev settings and cheeck oem unlock is present before any rebooting.

--->
    -
    WETA 7.0

Updated to SG4

Before installing or updating anything in odin, remove any previous WETA modules in Magisk Manager

Untick reboot + Flash firmware AP.tar in odin before flashing WETA 7.0
    T830 use SG4 (xar) firmware
    T835 use SG4 (xef) firmware

Flash TWRP
    Boot into TWRP
    Flash WETA Kernel for your device (sg4)
    Flash Encryption disabler
    If you did this correctly you shouldnt have to wipe data.

Downloads Nextcloud - Downloads Mega

--->
    WETA 4.0.1 T835 + T830

Added Dex mods to rom zip
    Changed T837 version to T835
    Magisk 19.1 kernel patch

Download page

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk