[Magisk ROM] xXx NoLimits 12.4 [OP8/OP8pro] ☆ Speed/RAM optimized ☆ [OOS/H2OS v10/11]

yin67

Feb 9, 2012
After installing xxx module, Onelogin protect application keeps crashing. If I disable the module it's working again. Must be a debloat option but I can't find which one... Anyone have an idea which option causes that? Thanks.

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
forum.xda-developers.com
Unfortunately this ROM breaks safetynet check (both cts and basic integrity checks) for me and thus breaks the new beta Gpay (though the old Google Pay still works).

Too bad because I liked this module/ROM.

I may have to go through and check some of the debloat options to see if I can mitigate this.

Cheers,
B.D.
This rom can break everything you want or don't want. You simply need to select respective debloat items or combinations in the profile and reflash NoLimits.
Use the default profile and start all over

TRIST4N

Apr 22, 2020
I have the brightness slider disabled with gravity box because I usually don't need it but when I install the xXx module it shows again and I cant hide it in gravity box. I checked the config file and tried disabling force tweaks but that didn't help. What else can I try?
other then that really great mod also I really like the Storopia font.

Perpatoura

Dec 2, 2013
Haha Jesus are you spying on me :D

Joking, but I completely agree. I used to be able to activate the filter via *#808# and now it just shows this then nothing when I click ok

Soon as this magisk ROM is removed it works.

Where needs to change in options @xXx ? I'd rather lose the colour filter over this ROM but personally I'd rather have both, it's Android why not. ;)

Edit: tbh I already have zram off, 120 forced, Vanced and adaway off my own back..

I could kill the module for good? Maybe :)
Hehe, I know that I will use this camera rarely but I want to have all functionalities of the phone available so I disabled this module. Hope someone will find a solution.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Hehe, I know that I will use this camera rarely but I want to have all functionalities of the phone available so I disabled this module. Hope someone will find a solution.
Nah I agree, tbh mate once I debloated I didn't need anything else tbh.

Installed Vanced and adaway myself, kernel does zRAM. So all good

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Is it okay to install another kernel beside xXx? e.g. ElrmentalX or Omega
xXx afaik isn't a kernel, it has kernel tweaks but not sure if a kernel exists.

Could be wrong.

Yes you can run ex or any blu spark, plus a few others I've tested.

I used ex kernel manager to flash, not free but it's a decent manager

gerega

Jul 12, 2012
xXx afaik isn't a kernel, it has kernel tweaks but not sure if a kernel exists.

Could be wrong.

Yes you can run ex or any blu spark, plus a few others I've tested.

I used ex kernel manager to flash, not free but it's a decent manager
Yup, but as xXx has some kernel tweaks I am unsure, if these will interfere with a custom kernel. I too use ExKernelManager.

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Unfortunately this ROM breaks safetynet check (both cts and basic integrity checks) for me and thus breaks the new beta Gpay (though the old Google Pay still works).

I may have to go through and check some of the debloat options to see if I can mitigate this.

Cheers,
B.D.
Using Magisk Hide passes SafetyNet for me.

Attachments

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Yup, but as xXx has some kernel tweaks I am unsure, if these will interfere with a custom kernel. I too use ExKernelManager.
I disabled the kernel tweaks as they gave drain..

Ex does work for sure.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Using Magisk Hide passes SafetyNet for me.
Yep, same here.. should be same for everyone.

Cheers,
B.D.
So I went through the settings and tried again and all is good with Safety Net.

Thanks for all the encouragement to try again. All is well.

:good:

Cheers,
B.D.

sand_man

May 9, 2008
Johannesburg
The 7T require the Overlay mount fix module. Check if this is installed. If not install it. If it's already installed, try ab earlier version of this module
I'm clutching at straws here but trying to explain a peculiar behavior I'm observing on my 7T Pro. Not sure how best to describe it but it feels like a combination of touch latency and frame drops... I'm wondering if the Overlay mount fix module coupled with xXx might be the cause of it?

It's quite difficult to replicate the issue and I wouldn't describe it as severe and/or consistent but it is definitely noticeable, particularly on a device as buttery smooth as the 7T Pro is...

For now I am actually running the rom without the Overlay Fix and I am not observing the anomaly. So on the one hand I'm hopeful that this is the cause but on the other hand a bit disappointed as xXx requires the fix to work 100%...

jaggillararla

Mar 27, 2015
I'm clutching at straws here but trying to explain a peculiar behavior I'm observing on my 7T Pro. Not sure how best to describe it but it feels like a combination of touch latency and frame drops... I'm wondering if the Overlay mount fix module coupled with xXx might be the cause of it?

It's quite difficult to replicate the issue and I wouldn't describe it as severe and/or consistent but it is definitely noticeable, particularly on a device as buttery smooth as the 7T Pro is...

For now I am actually running the rom without the Overlay Fix and I am not observing the anomaly. So on the one hand I'm hopeful that this is the cause but on the other hand a bit disappointed as xXx requires the fix to work 100%...
U could just debloat india.img

Would it be possible in the next(s) edition(s) to make the recording of calls automatic or have a settings where you can decide to do it automatically ?
I like to record all of my calls . Thanks
Download preference Manager from the play store. Open it and use the 3 dots to show system apps. Scroll down to phone and click it.

Go to com.android.dialer_preferences.xml (swiping left if it is not the first shown xml preference). Scroll down to op_record_switch and change to true.

You should now have an option in phone for call recording with an option under that for auto record and another option for all calls or only certain numbers.

No need to implement in this rom.

Cheers,
B.D.

angelosabatini

Oct 3, 2009
Download preference Manager from the play store. Open it and use the 3 dots to show system apps. Scroll down to phone and click it.

Go to com.android.dialer_preferences.xml (swiping left if it is not the first shown xml preference). Scroll down to op_record_switch and change to true.

You should now have an option in phone for call recording with an option under that for auto record and another option for all calls or only certain numbers.

No need to implement in this rom.

Cheers,
B.D.
Thank you , but I don't seem to find the option for auto record (8Pro NoLimits 12.4 android 11 ) .