[Magisk ROM] xXx NoLimits 12.4 [OP8/OP8pro] ☆ Speed/RAM optimized ☆ [OOS/H2OS v10/11]

sukucorp

Jul 3, 2016
Supported ROM OS Version:
- OOS & H2OS based on Android 10/11 - Stable or Open Beta ROM
- No active NoLimits development anymore for Android 11 and beyond
The above two comments are slightly contradicting. Does this mean that Android 11 is supported but no new features will be added?

• Haha
Reactions: NateSiegel

jackforfaltu

Sep 12, 2020
I don't recommend using Android 11 with this, I had it running for about 2 weeks and it worked, but there were many problems. When I first switched from 10 to 11 I noticed many freezes and other bugs, such as apps force closing and the display color not adjusting correctly, all of which I didn't have with A10. But yesterday was the absolute worst, the WiFi randomly stopped while I was on WhatsApp and I thought I might reboot to fix it (I've had to do many reboots since changing to A11), but found myself stuck in a godforsaken bootloop (even after the xXx safety feature kicked in which disables the module after a few minutes in bootloop). What's worse is I didn't have a backup on me, but anyhow I tried wiping data from the recovery but still was stuck, so I was forced to use the MSM tool to unbrick and revert the phone to stock.

Now granted this problem isn't only A11's or xXx's or Magisk's fault, as I do sideload a lot of other apps and all, but I didn't notice any problem with A10, so I'm gonna stick with that and xXx until Google finds a way to play fair with rooted phones.

[EDIT] I forgot on another part, TWRP doesn't work on A11, so there was no way for me to flash it and try working around from there (like maybe dirty flashing another ROM or at least pulling my files from the sdcard).

Last edited:

Blackdranzer

Jul 14, 2015
This is for the One Plus 8 Pro users.

Its the gcam props that throws the camera error when u try to access photochrom on magisk roms.
Someone should test it though to confirm.

I think its used to enable the auxillary cams.

vendor.camera.aux.packagelist

@xXx u could add gcam.prop to the xXx.profile to be enabled or disabled so One Plus 8 pro users can still use the original photochrome camera through Cameratest app.

Reactions: xXx

flushell

Jul 5, 2008
Flashing new or different OOS ROM version (when NoLimits 11.x or higher is in place only)
- If TWRP is available: Create a Nandroid backup of the data partition in TWRP to be on the save side!​
- Flash OOS​
- On next reboot, NoLimits (and the OverlayFix module by Zackptg5) will be automatically removed​
- back to Android, flash NoLimits via Magisk Manager​
- reboot​
- done​
I miss the step to disable NoLimits before Flash OOS.​
Also you have to install a new patched boot.img in some cases.​

flushell

Jul 5, 2008
I don't recommend using Android 11 with this, I had it running for about 2 weeks and it worked, but there were many problems. When I first switched from 10 to 11 I noticed many freezes and other bugs, such as apps force closing and the display color not adjusting correctly, all of which I didn't have with A10. But yesterday was the absolute worst, the WiFi randomly stopped while I was on WhatsApp and I thought I might reboot to fix it (I've had to do many reboots since changing to A11), but found myself stuck in a godforsaken bootloop (even after the xXx safety feature kicked in which disables the module after a few minutes in bootloop). What's worse is I didn't have a backup on me, but anyhow I tried wiping data from the recovery but still was stuck, so I was forced to use the MSM tool to unbrick and revert the phone to stock.

Now granted this problem isn't only A11's or xXx's or Magisk's fault, as I do sideload a lot of other apps and all, but I didn't notice any problem with A10, so I'm gonna stick with that and xXx until Google finds a way to play fair with rooted phones.

[EDIT] I forgot on another part, TWRP doesn't work on A11, so there was no way for me to flash it and try working around from there (like maybe dirty flashing another ROM or at least pulling my files from the sdcard).
I've had 0 problems with Android 11 en Magisk 12.4.
I am a very heavy user of apps on my phone.

Maybe clear cache of crashing apps or reinstall these apps?