[Magisk ROM] xXx NoLimits [OP7pro] ☆ Speed/RAM optimized ☆ [OOS/H2OS v10]

jaggillararla

Mar 27, 2015
For system settings, most of it is backed up and restored by Google.

Even I had issues with apps not restoring properly, or getting stuck on restoring certain apps.

For those apps, filters in titanium backup would be your friend.

In spite of tibu quirks it's still faster than manual restore.
Did u try swift backup ?

moomoon03

Oct 11, 2010
Hello i search everywhere but i'm really confused.
I am on open beta 6 on oneplus 7 pro but i don't know what is the good way to install twrp and root with magisk?
What is the good version to flash of twrp?
What is the good version of magisk i have to flash too?
There are tons of differents steps and tutorials so i need some help please

jaggillararla

Mar 27, 2015
No, what does it do better than tibu? Just saw the play store page, interface looks far better.

Does it solve the issues that tibu currently has with restoring data?
Yes and the dev is very active on telegram plus the interface is 10x better than titanium and u will like it 10x better. I'm 10 billion percent sure

ART

Nov 3, 2016
Yes and the dev is very active on telegram plus the interface is 10x better than titanium and u will like it 10x better. I'm 10 billion percent sure
Ok just tried a backup and restore for some apps which tibu had trouble with, worked flawlessly. Thanks for the recommendation. Worth paying for the premium one time IAP for batch restore ??

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
Ok just tried a backup and restore for some apps which tibu had trouble with, worked flawlessly. Thanks for the recommendation. Worth paying for the premium one time IAP for batch restore ?
Did swift backup mess up your app notifications? That is the one problem I have and hate about tibu

ART

Nov 3, 2016
Did swift backup mess up your app notifications? That is the one problem I have and hate about tibu
Haven't done a full scale backup, so can't tell.

Also, whatever app was restored by tibu, was restored fully and properly. It's either all or nothing for that app, at least for me.

GeekMcLeod

Apr 27, 2012
Niagara Falls
I've had so many issues using titanium backup on Android 10 and 9 it's not even funny. I used to use it as a backup for everything until I learned the hard way 3 times (once on 9.x and twice now on 10.0.1) that it doesn't restore system files or settings. It just gets stuck on restoring or doesn't even restore it and says it does.

For system settings, most of it is backed up and restored by Google.

Even I had issues with apps not restoring properly, or getting stuck on restoring certain apps.

For those apps, filters in titanium backup would be your friend.

In spite of tibu quirks it's still faster than manual restore.
You guys should try Swift Backup. I switched to it since A10 and it works great.

Edit: missed a page, didn't see it already recommended.

Last edited:

n0j0e

May 9, 2009
Berlin
Please test anyone to restore WhatsApp, Threema or Telegram with Swift Backup to check if messages gets stuck and will receive only if phone gets unlocked or app opened. That is a pain with tibu! Something GCM/FCM related I think.

Sent with much love and Android.

jaggillararla

Mar 27, 2015
Please test anyone to restore WhatsApp, Threema or Telegram with Swift Backup to check if messages gets stuck and will receive only if phone gets unlocked or app opened. That is a pain with tibu! Something GCM/FCM related I think.

Sent with much love and Android.
Bro no problems with gcm or fcm. It works flawlessly and the dev maintains it. U don't have to worry about a thing.
Telegram WhatsApp bank apps all works ❤

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
You guys should try Swift Backup. I switched to it since A10 and it works great.

I'm wondering if Swift Backup provides the following capability: giving it a list of app names or ID's, and having it invoke uninstallations followed by re-installations of all the apps on this list via Google Play.

I have found that after a ROM upgrade, some apps that are restored from backups or even locally saved APK files do not function properly, and I then have to uninstall and re-install these apps from Google Play. It would be ideal for me if I could simply provide a list of apps to some other app and have it uninstall/re-install each of these apps via Google Play.

This is a subset of all the apps that are listed for my device on Google Play, and I don't want to have to go through that list on Google Play and manually select only the apps that I want to be uninstalled/re-installed. I'd like an app which compiles a list of these apps based on the those which are currently in use on my device, and then uses that list to drive the Google-Play-based uninstall/re-install.

Is such a thing possible with Swift Backup or some other app?
.​

Last edited:

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
I'm wondering if Swift Backup provides the following capability: giving it a list of app names or ID's, and having it invoke uninstallations followed by re-installations of all the apps on this list via Google Play.

I have found that after a ROM upgrade, some apps that are restored from backups or even locally saved APK files do not function properly, and I then have to uninstall and re-install these apps from Google Play. It would be ideal for me if I could simply provide a list of apps to some other app and have it uninstall/re-install each of these apps via Google Play.

This is a subset of all the apps that are listed for my device on Google Play, and I don't want to have to go through that list on Google Play and manually select only the apps that I want to be uninstalled/re-installed. I'd like an app which compiles a list of these apps based on the those which are currently in use on my device, and then uses that list to drive the Google-Play-based uninstall/re-install.

.​
An app that does that would be awesome!

Reactions: HippoMan
G

GuestK00376

.​
With Swift, if you backup the app only it restores only the app and permissions granted only. No cache.

I understand what you wrote, but honestly that surprises me that that happens to you, as it's just a raw APK yore grabbing.
The only time that should be an issue, is if you restored an app registered with Google Play to MicroG, but as it's Google Play to Google Play there shouldn't be an issue with restoring app only.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
With Swift, if you backup the app only it restores only the app and permissions granted only. No cache.

I understand what you wrote, but honestly that surprises me that that happens to you, as it's just a raw APK yore grabbing.
The only time that should be an issue, is if you restored an app registered with Google Play to MicroG, but as it's Google Play to Google Play there shouldn't be an issue with restoring app only.
I have encountered restore problems under 2 scenarios:

(1) Some apps that are restored via Titanium Backup do not function and need to be uninstalled and re-installed from the Play Store.

(2) If I bypass Titanium Backup, save APK files to my desktop computer, and then try to reinstall them after a ROM upgrade as follows, occasionally the reinstallation hangs:
adb install -r APPFILE.apk
In this case, I need to install via Play Store.

Both of these errors could be avoided if I could initiate a re-install from the Play Store (after an uninstall if needed) for all the apps that I have put into a list.
.​

G

GuestK00376

I have encountered restore problems under 2 scenarios:

(1) Some apps that are restored via Titanium Backup do not function and need to be uninstalled and re-installed from the Play Store.

(2) If I bypass Titanium Backup, save APK files to my desktop computer, and then try to reinstall them after a ROM upgrade as follows, occasionally the reinstallation hangs:
adb install -r APPFILE.apk
In this case, I need to install via Play Store.

Both of these errors could be avoided if I could initiate a re-install from the Play Store (after an uninstall if needed) for all the apps that I have put into a list.
.​
Oh yes, I'm with you now. I did experience many of those issues with TiBu, however I found Swift fixes a lot of those.

It had something to do with how the data was being stored if I remember correctly, and TiBu had not been updated to handle this correctly.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Oh yes, I'm with you now. I did experience many of those issues with TiBu, however I found Swift fixes a lot of those.

It had something to do with how the data was being stored if I remember correctly, and TiBu had not been updated to handle this correctly.
Well, Swift Backup is definitely worth a try, then. I just wish that I didn't have to back up to anywhere in the cloud. Ideally, I'd like to ...

(1) back up to a folder on my device via Swift Backup
(2) copy that folder onto my desktop computer via adb pull
(3) upgrade my ROM
(4) copy the backup folder back onto my device via adb push
(5) install Swift Backup
(6) use Swift Backup to reinstall all the apps in that folder.

... or some kind of backup/restore methodology which doesn't involve the cloud.
.​

G

GuestK00376

Well, Swift Backup is definitely worth a try, then. I just wish that I didn't have to back up to anywhere in the cloud. Ideally, I'd like to ...

(1) back up to a folder on my device via Swift Backup
(2) copy that folder onto my desktop computer via adb pull
(3) upgrade my ROM
(4) copy the backup folder back onto my device via adb push
(5) install Swift Backup
(6) use Swift Backup to reinstall all the apps in that folder.

... or some kind of backup/restore methodology which doesn't involve the cloud.
.​
Yeah, it has the option to backup locally only.

I personally use Nextcloud for my storage solution which is all on my own server, as well as a local backup to SD.

The method you use is almost the setup I use, minus the use of ADB as don't often have access to a computer without workgroup policy VPN attached.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Yeah, it has the option to backup locally only.

I personally use Nextcloud for my storage solution which is all on my own server, as well as a local backup to SD.

The method you use is almost the setup I use, minus the use of ADB as don't often have access to a computer without workgroup policy VPN attached.
Thank you. OK! Onward to Swift Backup!
.​

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013

Do you use swift when changing between roms or doing a clean install? I'm worried about app stability after a full restore which is a problem I had with tibu

G

GuestK00376

Do you use swift when changing between roms or doing a clean install? I'm worried about app stability after a full restore which is a problem I had with tibu
Each person may have their own issues, however from my experience with Swift I have had no issues with restoring apps to upgraded, downgraded or custom ROMs.

The only issue occurs (for obvious reasons) when you try to mix app data between systems. This never plays well with apps that do unique tasks such as encryption or require the use of specific sets of rules and databases.