[Magisk ROM] xXx NoLimits [OP7pro] ☆ Speed/RAM optimized ☆ [OOS/H2OS v10]

Search This thread

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
Issue: Super high CPU spike

I'm running 10.3.2, stock kernel, tried out xxx again last night and upon rebooting my phone heated way up. Tried rebooting, still the same. Disabled and Uninstaller, reinstalled and same thing....

So I reran the Uninstaller and everything is back to normal.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

AndroidRooterKev

Sep 3, 2014

I'm running 10.3.2, stock kernel, tried out xxx again last night and upon rebooting my phone heated way up. Tried rebooting, still the same. Disabled and Uninstaller, reinstalled and same thing....

Any suggestions?

Have you tried 11.6? Have you tried the default profile? Have you tried using 3C Task Manager to see what's running so heavy and causing the heating problem?

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
If 11.6 is the newest release, that's what I used. First go installing I accidentally used the stock profile, second time I got my edited profile in the right place. It happened with both.

I did not try the program you suggested but I'll give that a go.

Thx :)

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Okay having a amnesiac moment

To update xxxNolimits, currently on 11.4,do you install it using Magisk and overwrite existing profile . Or do you remove xxxNolimits in Magisk and reboot and then install via Magisk

I updated a while ago and got bootloop just want to make sure it doesn't happen again

Want to keep existing profile

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com

Any suggestions?
if you have selected RebuildDalvikCache = 1 the device becomes hot for the first boot after dalvik cache was cleared as this is a very CPU intensiv job which takes about 12 min. Once the cache is build, this wont happen again unless cache was cleared again

lucfig

Feb 19, 2008
Rio das Ostras
if you have selected RebuildDalvikCache = 1 the device becomes hot for the first boot after dalvik cache was cleared as this is a very CPU intensiv job which takes about 12 min. Once the cache is build, this wont happen again unless cache was cleared again
I never charge my phone up to 100%. Do you recommend rebuilding dalvik with a regular frequency? How often?

Thanks and regards

Enviado de meu HD1903 usando o Tapatalk

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com
I never charge my phone up to 100%. Do you recommend rebuilding dalvik with a regular frequency? How often?

Thanks and regards

it's a onetime action. No need to redo it except you flashed OOS or manual wiped the cache. If you enable this option in NoLimits it's automatically done whenever required.

Reactions: HippoMan and lucfig

lucfig

Feb 19, 2008
Rio das Ostras
it's a onetime action. No need to redo it except you flashed OOS or manual wiped the cache. If you enable this option in NoLimits it's automatically done whenever required.
If I manually wipe the regular cache, it will automatically rebuild dalvik?
Or will it rebuild only when flashing xXx again?

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
I'm running 11.6 on my OnePlus 7Pro (GM-1917) running OOS 10.3.3.

After reading this conversation, I decided to try setting RebuildDalvikCache = 1. I did so, and instead of my device taking 12 minutes to reboot, it only took maybe 10 or 15 seconds longer than normal.

Just to enhance my knowledge and understanding: under what circumstances would the reboot require something like 12 minutes after setting this option?

Thank you very much.
.​

Velzox

Jun 20, 2020
After installing this module, my mic broke

Hey all,

So after I installed this module using Magisk v20.4 on my Oneplus 5T running OS v10, My mic stopped working. Are there any known issues or fixes on this problem? Everytime my mic starts recording, it registers a short static followed by complete silence. Any help would be really appreciated.

Kind regards

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Hey all,

So after I installed this module using Magisk v20.4 on my Oneplus 5T running OS v10, My mic stopped working. Are there any known issues or fixes on this problem? Everytime my mic starts recording, it registers a short static followed by complete silence. Any help would be really appreciated.

Kind regards
Does the problem exist if you uninstall xXx? My mic works well on my xXx powered OP5 running OOS v10.

Keerusingh

Dec 22, 2018
Yes, xXx version 11.6 has been proven to work on all OnePlus devices starting with the OP5.

Everything is working fine except for one thing. Whenever I open any game, the screen becomes black. I can hear the sounds, but nothing on the screen. It only becomes visible when I swipe up to go to home, and then open the game again from the recent tabs. Last night, this happened twice, and both of those times nothing was visible on the screen, but I could feel the recent tab vibration, the sounds. I had to force restart my phone. And idea why this is happening? I tried attaching a screen recording, but it says not supported

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xXx NoLimits ☆ for OnePlus
    FastSnappySmoothStableBattery
    30996110le.png

About xXx NoLimits

xXx NoLimits is an OxygenOS Stock ROM enhancement for
    the OP7pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10

xXx NoLimits is not a Rom itself but it's a Magisk Module which works exactly like all my previous Roms except that it does not include any OOS Rom components like Firmware, System, Vendor partitions or the Kernel. Therefore the size went down to about 200MB+. In combination with the OOS stock Rom it still provides you with all options you might have used already with my previous Rom versions.

As a Magisk Module running on top of the OOS stock rom, xXx NoLimits works 100% Systemless and provide you with plenty of options to be selectively installed. This way you get most of the typical things you usually have to collect and install one by one all out of the box.

Advantages over my previous full rom concept
    - Works independent of the current OOS Rom version
    - Still working after OOS version upgrade
    - Support OOS Stock Rom OTA's
    - When a new OOS OTA is available, just run the OOS update, flash Magisk again and xXx NoLimits is still in place and working like before
    - Complete Systemless - Don't touches system or vendor partition at all
    - Debloating without touching the system partition.
    - You can change debloat options and simply flash xXx NoLimits again without the need to install the OOS stock rom again.
    - smaller and faster download
    Must Requirements
    - OOS Stock Rom with basic android setup in place
    - A working Magisk in place
    - Flashing via Magisk Manager or TWRP (if decryption works)

My focus with this Rom enhancement is to provide a smooth and snappy user experience with a decent battery life but also have some additional functions, tweaks and mods available which, for my taste, are missing in the stock OOS Rom.
    This is not a commercial project but my hobby. I developed this for my daily driver device and I decided to share it with you.

Major flash options

xXx Tweaks
    Window Animation Scales
    Disable Google Play Wakelocks
    Disable ZRAM / Swap
    Systemizing Apps
    Youtube Vanced v14.21.54
    Youtube Vanced Detaching from Play Store
    Dolby Digital
    ViPER4Android 2.5.x & 2.7.x
    JamesDSP
    Stereo Mod
    Individual Debloating
    Extreme Debloating
    Debloat GApps down to Pico level
    Full Hydrogen bloatware removal

Busybox
    SDcard Permission fix
    Nova Launcher
    Action Launcher
    Pixel Launcher
    Lawnchair Laucher
    Android O Emojis
    iOS13.2 Emojis
    Emoji One
    Samsung Emojis
    AdAway
    Always on Display
    Different Boot Animations
    GCam Google Camera with HDR+ etc.
    Caffeine Tile
    Google Dialer mod
    Call Recording (for OOS Dialer only!)
    Substratum Theme Engine
    Substratum Theme Modules like K-Klock & Aether

xXx System Tweaks

I added several tweaks on different levels to make the rom faster and snappy.
    These tweaks also improve multitasking and maintain the system to be constantly fast.
    6/8/12 GB RAM can (and should) hold a lot apps and services in the background. If you like apps to popup in virtual no time I recommend you to not close them when you change to another app but just put them to the background.
    xXx Tweaks includes:
    WiFi channel bonding for the 2.4GHz frequency
    ART Optimization
    Detaching of modded apps
    Disable ZRam & ZSwap
    Disable Google Play Wakelocks for better battery life
    LMK Tweaks to use all RAM down to about 700MB left for best multitasking
    Rebuild Dalvik Cache
    Universal GMS Doze
    Kernel Tweaks
    …and several more

Debloating
    The rom provides you with the full range off not debloated at all (like OOS stock) to max debloated.
    I also included a flash option to select Extreme Debloating. This will debloat the rom down close to a core Android level. You need to enable this option to take advantage of it.
    The advantage of debloating is to gain even more speed and battery saving as less unused apps and services are running or even more free RAM to hold your favorite apps in background.
    The downside is that you might miss certain apps or functionality but definitely nothing what will make your android unstable. All Google Apps are all available via Play Store as well.
    Default setting is system less debloating. You can set IrreversibleDebloat = 1 to really delete selected bloat from the system partition.

Sound Enhancement
    xXx NoLimits includes ViPER4AndroidFX by default unless you disable it in the flash options. I also included my favorite sound profile which you will love for sure as well. Otherwise select the full profile package as well.
    Dolby Digital is also available as an option and work side by side with Viper and the Stereo mod.

Boot Animations
    xXx NoLimits includes already a selection of different boot animations. You can also use your own bootanimation. In this case, simply copy the bootanimation.zip file to the /sdcard/xXx/ folder and set the option BootanimationinxXxFolder = 1 in the xXx.NoLimits.profile. Make sure all other boot animation options are set to 0 and that the filename is exactly bootanimation.zip.
    With this setup you can replace the bootanimation.zip file any time and it will be in place with a simple reboot. No reflashing required in this case.

Bootloop Protection
    If the android boot process takes longer than 3 minutes, the NoLimits module will be automatically uninstalled and the device will reboot without NoLimits.
    This way you can riskless enable debloat options which might end up in a bootloop. If your device stuck in a bootloop because of NoLimits, simply wait max 3 minutes and it will reboot again without NoLimits.

YouTube Vanced self-healing
    The Play Store is randomly checking if there are installed apps which are available in the Play store. If the Play Store find YouTube or YouTube vanced (same signature), it will add it to its database. From that point on, YouTube will be listed among all apps to be updated next time.
    If you have enabled YouTube Vanced in the profile, NoLimits will check every minute and remove any YouTube reference from the Play Store database. Also, if YouTube was accidentally updated already, it will be automatically reverted to YouTube Vanced again.
    In case you see YouTube listed in the Play Store, simply wait max. 1 minute and it should disappear again. If this don’t happen, check if your device still have root access, as without root, the NoLimits script stop working. In this case, simply reboot android and everything should be fixed again in about 1 minute after the reboot.

Systemizing Apps
    For all who have issues with apps being killed in the background even they are marked as not to be battery optimized. If this happens, you won't get notifications anymore from that specific app and next time you jump to that app it have to be loaded again instead of still being available in Ram.

In order to work around this issue, you can now place your critical apps as apk file with any filename in the following folder:
    /sdcard/xXx/apps
    All apk files will be installed as system apps when you flash NoLimits next time.

Now your selected apps will behave like a system app and as system apps are excluded from battery optimization mechanisms, they are most likely not killed anymore in background.

Let's say you want to do this with Whatsapp and have Whatsapp already installed as user app. This is not a problem. You don't lose any data and if updates are available, they will be applied by the Playstore like always. The apps are installed system-less as part of the NoLimits Magisk Module and NOT placed on the system partition.

If you want to add further apps, just place the apk files in /sdcard/xXx/apps and flash NoLimits again. Or if you want to remove some, or all apps simple remove the apk's or remove the apps folder and flash NoLimits again.

How to uninstall NoLimits?

NoLimits will be completely uninstalled without residue when you select the respective waste bin symbol under the Magisk Manager "Modules" menu and reboot android.
    The removal process triggers an uninstaller script which will revert Window animation speed, several disabled Google Services and Analytics items as well as all apps prior installed by NoLimits

Further improving user experience

The Kernel Tweaks option provide some further optimizations for better performance. I recommend to use the SmurfKernel by @pappschlumpf.
    I'm running this combo with Kernel Tweaks enabled myself and my device is awesome fast, lag free and battery friendly.

Credits

:good::good::good::good::good:
    @ahmed_radaideh - @amarullz - @ahmedradaideh - @A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems - @Chainfire - @deletescape - @domi04151309 - @dustintinsley - @DVDandroid - @eng.stk - @Funk Wizard - @gloeyisk - @guitardedhero - @k1ks - @Kickoff - @KpChuck - @laura almeida - @Lord Boeffla - @linuxct - @loserskater - @mantakos - @Master_T - @Mostafa Wael - @mrRobinson - @Mr.Yawnie - @osm0sis - @rovo89 - @rufus.wilson - @snowwolf725 - @topjohnwu - @ungeeked -
    @Zackptg5 - @ZaneZam

XDA:DevDB Information
    xXx NoLimits, ROM Enhancement for the OP7pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10

Contributors

xXx

Telegram Group:
    Be my guest at the xXx NoLimits Lounge
    Here you can subscribe to the Telegram xXx NoLimits Update Channel

xXx NoLimits Donation via PayPal:
    If you like xXx NoLimits, I would be happy about any donation

Supported ROM OS Version:
    - OOS & H2OS based on Android 10 - Stable or Open Beta ROM

Must Requirements:
    - Working Base ROM
    - Working Magisk

Version Information

Current xXx NoLimits for OnePlus 7 Pro Version: v10.2
    Release Date: 2020-March-22

Thread Created 2018-05-26
    Last Updated 2020-March-22
    Downloads

Latest xXx NoLimits Download
    xXx NoLimits follow an unified "one installer fits all" concept.

Latest xXx NoLimits version is still working on this device and can be downloaded here in my OP8pro thread

Why is there no dedicated xXx NoLimits version for this device?

xXx NoLimits follow an unified "one installer fits all" concept and even I currently own the OP8pro only, I still take care that NoLimits remains compatible with older OnePlus devices.

Even though, this is a hobby project and I try to keep my time investments low. Therefore, my main efforts are focused on my daily driver which is the OP8pro.

I still keep my xda thread open for older devices, so that users can still help each other in the respective NoLimits thread.

Notifications when new xXx NoLimits versions are available?
    Flash Instructions

Flash Instructions

xXx NoLimits is not a Rom itself but it's a Magisk Module which works exactly like all my previous Roms except that it does not include any OOS Rom components like Firmware, System, Vendor partitions or the Kernel.
    In combination with the OOS stock Rom it still provides you with all options you might have used already with my previous Rom versions.

Must Requirements
    • OOS Stock Rom with basic android setup in place
    • A working Magisk in place
    • NoLimits Installer should be flashed per Magisk Manager
      - On Android 10 it's highly recommended to flash via Magisk Manager

Prerequisite to flash xXx NoLimits - xXx.NoLimits.profile

Unfortunately, todays TWRP don’t support Aroma Installers anymore.
    In order to still provide you with the possibility to choose your favorite options to be flashed the rom is using a file called “xXx.NoLimits.profile” as a reference for all your individual settings.

If you just flash the xXx NoLimits rom.zip without placing your individual edited xXx.NoLimits.profile to the sdcard default settings are used for flashing. This means you can just flash the xXx NoLimits rom but if you like to set your own preference presets you have to either edit the file or you extract the file from the rom.zip and copy it to the /sdcard or /sdcard/xXx folder on your device.

The xXx NoLimits installer detects automatically if you have the “xXx.NoLimits.profile” on your sdcard or not. If not it will use the presets from the profile included in the rom.zip. So the priority is the profile on your sdcard. If you install the rom via OTG you can also place the profile to the root of your usb-stick and this will have priority over the profile on the internal sdcard storage or the rom.zip.

Basic Instruction how to edit the “xXx.NoLimits.profile” you will find inside the file.
    Just one more important information. If you are editing the profile on your Windows PC you must use Notepad++ otherwise you destroy the required file format.

You can download the xXx.NoLimits.profile here

Flashing/Update Use Cases for xXx NoLimits

Important Information
    • If you remove or disable the Overlayfix Magisk module by Zackptg5 with NoLimits 10.x or higher in place, NoLimits will be removed as well during the next reboot to prevent the black screen issue. Then simply flash NoLimits again via Magisk Manager.
    • When flashing a new or other OOS ROM version with NoLimits 10.x or higher is in place, NoLimits and the OverlayFix module by Zackptg5 will be automatically removed during first boot after flashing the Rom.
    • Learn more about the overlayfix here

First NoLimits installation or…
    NoLimits v10.x or higher is in place

- xXx.NoLimits.profile is placed in /sdcard/xXx/ and options edited to your liking
    - (if you don't want the overlayfix and don't need the india apps from the india.img, set india.img = 1 in the profile)
    - simply flash NoLimits v10.x or higher via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - done

NoLimits v9.6-v9.9 is currently in place
    - Suggestion: Create a Nandroid backup of the data partition in TWRP to be on the save side!
    - uninstall NoLimits and OverlayFix (if in place) at the same time via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - flash NoLimits v10 via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - done

OverlayFix 1.x Magisk module by Zackptg5 is in place but NOT NoLimits
    - Suggestion: Create a Nandroid backup of the data partition in TWRP to be on the save side!
    - uninstall OverlayFix via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - xXx.NoLimits.profile is placed in /sdcard/xXx/ and options edited to your liking
    - flash NoLimits v10 via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - done

OverlayFix 2.x Magisk module by Zackptg5 is in place
    - flash NoLimits v10.x via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - done

Downgrade NoLimits 10.x to NoLimits 9.x
    - uninstall NoLimits and OverlayFix (if in place) at the SAME TIME via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - flash NoLimits v9.x via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - done

Flashing other OOS ROM version (when NoLimits 10.x or higher is in place only)
    - NoLimits and the OverlayFix module by Zackptg5 will be automatically removed during first boot
    - flash NoLimits via Magisk Manager
    - reboot
    - done

Important Android 10 Information and Instructions

• Generic Android 10 Upgrade/Installation Guide
    • Why Titanium and Root Explorers can't debloat anymore on Android 10
    • Coming from Pie, you need to uninstall NoLimits before you first boot to A10
    • Coming from Pie, you should remove all systemized apk files located in the /sdcard/xXx/apps folder to avoid bootloops
    • Coming from Pie, you should remove all theme overlays from Swift installer or Substratum
    • Use Magisk 20.3 or higher for Android 10
    • Wondering why OnePlus apps like Weather, FileManger, Wallpaper, etc. won't be debloated even though it's selected? Flash NoLimits via Magisk Manager and they get debloated!
    New Version 8.3 is available for Download

How to update?
    Simply flash over previous NoLimits Magisk Rom versions. This will also automatically update your profile.

Changelog for v8.3
    • Added Bootloop Protection
      - If the android boot process takes longer than 3 minutes, the NoLimits module will be automatically uninstalled and the device will reboot without NoLimits.
      - This way you can riskless enable debloat options which might end up in a bootloop. If your device stuck in a bootloop because of NoLimits, simply wait max 3 minutes and it will reboot again without NoLimits.
      - Remember that dirty flashing A10 when coming from Pie requires a NoLimits reflash before the first A10 boot.
    • Updated Action Launcher to v44.0
    • Updated Lawnchair Laucher to v2.0-2408
    • Some miscellaneous under the hood maintenance
    • xXx.NoLimits.profile is on version 38 and auto update itself from previous versions

xXx NoLimits Donation via PayPal:
    If you like xXx NoLimits, I would be happy about any donation

All Downloads here

:good::good: If you like NoLimits, don’t forget to hit thanks :good::good:​
    Change log

Changelog for v10.2 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v10.1 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v10.0 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.9 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.8 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.7 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.6 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.5 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.4 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.3 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.2 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.1 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10
    Changelog for v9.0 – OnePlus 7 Pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10

Changelog for v8.6 – OnePlus 7, 6, 5 device series
    Changelog for v8.5 – OnePlus 7, 6, 5 device series
    Changelog for v8.4 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v8.3 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v8.2 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v8.1 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v8.0 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v7.7 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v7.6 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v7.5 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v7.4 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v7.3 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v7.2 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    Changelog for v7.1 – OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T

Changelog for v7.0
    • Unified xXx NoLimits to support OnePlus OP7/OP7Pro + OP6/6T + OP5/5T
    • make sure that selecting options which are not supported by the device or android version will not be installed
    • Added OnePlus Screen Record Tile from OP7Pro for all OP6/6T + OP5/5T users
    • Updated GCam by arnova to "GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850"
    • xXx.NoLimits.profile HAS BEEN CHANGED to version 25 and auto update itself