How To Guide [Magisk] [ROOT] [9R / 9 / 9 Pro / 9RT] MlgmXyysd's ROOT Toolbox [ColorOS / OxygenOS]

Search This thread

Flapjack

Aug 17, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
Root works. Just have to factory reset. Option 4 used to work,might still after factory reset. If it stays stuck on bootloader. Do 5 and 6.
Guessing this is only for newly unlocked rooting? I just got the update notification a few mins ago and came on here to make sure I'd be able to restore stock boot image in Magisk, apply update (but not reboot), and reinstall Magisk to alternate slot for OTA. Is that still ok?

Really not feeling the ColorOS upgrade. Finally thinking of moving to a non-stock ROM for the first time since getting this phone.

avid_droid

Dec 23, 2021
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Guessing this is only for newly unlocked rooting? I just got the update notification a few mins ago and came on here to make sure I'd be able to restore stock boot image in Magisk, apply update (but not reboot), and reinstall Magisk to alternate slot for OTA. Is that still ok?

Really not feeling the ColorOS upgrade. Finally thinking of moving to a non-stock ROM for the first time since getting this phone.
Derpfest is worth waiting for if you're going custom

Reactions: Flapjack

avid_droid

Dec 23, 2021
Google Pixel 6 Pro

If you have been running Cos,then you still can use tool to root. If coming from Oos to Cos,you need to factory reset after rooting. You will have root on boot but have to manually install all Google apps

RealMooni

May 10, 2021
does someone know why i can't extraxt the payload.bin file from OnePlus 9 Pro ColorOS 12 C41 Version?

Flapjack

Aug 17, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you have been running Cos,then you still can use tool to root. If coming from Oos to Cos,you need to factory reset after rooting. You will have root on boot but have to manually install all Google apps
I'm *assuming* I'm still on OxygenOS. At least that's what it says under Settings/About. I'm on a US LE2125 and have just been taking OTAs and reapplying Magisk/root each time I get an update. Sounds like I'm not going to be able to keep doing that without wiping my phone? That really sucks. I'm glad I didn't apply the update last night. It seems like this is the first update to "change" my phone to ColorOS.

Unless I'm getting this all wrong...

MrMagic

Feb 20, 2007
So C44 EU finally came out for OP 9/9Pro.

How would I go about rooting my OP 9 (non-Pro) after updating to OOS12 C44 EU? And is it possible to root without doing a factory reset?

I'm a little confused about the versions of this toolbox that are available.

avid_droid

Dec 23, 2021
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So C44 EU finally came out for OP 9/9Pro.

How would I go about rooting my OP 9 (non-Pro) after updating to OOS12 C44 EU? And is it possible to root without doing a factory reset?

I'm a little confused about the versions of this toolbox that are available.
How come no one reads the previous comments?

Download the 9 pro latest version of file for your specific Oos. Use options 5 and 6

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
I'm *assuming* I'm still on OxygenOS. At least that's what it says under Settings/About. I'm on a US LE2125 and have just been taking OTAs and reapplying Magisk/root each time I get an update. Sounds like I'm not going to be able to keep doing that without wiping my phone? That really sucks. I'm glad I didn't apply the update last night. It seems like this is the first update to "change" my phone to ColorOS.

Unless I'm getting this all wrong...
That's what it seemed to me. I just got the phone a couple days ago and it was on 11.2.3.3.LE25AA. I rooted it first thing. It immediately wanted to update to C40 but when I said to do it, it kept getting errors. After doing some research, I found that you need to be on 36 before it can go to 40. So, I found a copy of 36 and flashed it, but when I did so and did the "reinstall magisk before it reboots to keep root", the phone reverted back and the 36 update did not take.

At this point, I should have just left well enough alone and leave it on A11 forever. But I really want 12 for the single reason that I use gesture navigation and I HATE having to swipe from the sides for the back function (it screws up SO many things), and want to once again be able to swipe from the bottom sides without invoking google assistant (using a 3rd party app and not deleting google from my phone).

So, I updated again and this time did not reinstall magisk, and got to 36, then updated to 40. Not realizing that these were a completely new operating system I found the latest OOS and extracted boot.img using payload dumper since I could only find incrementals of the latest build. And tried to root it using the normal method with Magisk. Of course, once I installed the boot.img from a different OS, the phone bricked. It would only go to bootloader mode and EDL was not available. So I spent hours figuring out how to use MSM tool and what to do when EDL does not work (and by trial and error found that you need to uncheck the SHA256 check for the tool I had). It was the first time in all my years with Oneplus (starting with the One) that I thought I was going to have to return the phone. And about the hundredth time I cursed Oneplus for not just using TWRP instead of their bullcrap recovery.

Anyway, I ended up on build 11.2.4.4.LE25AA and everything's good. Phone is great with amazing battery life. I was not impressed with the brief glimpse I got of COS12 and expect I will stay on OOS11 for the foreseeable future until there is a reliable rooting method, despite being mad every day the last two years about the stupid gestures.

Now my only question is how to get rid of the stupid icon bugging my to upgrade to C40. It ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: Flapjack

Flapjack

Aug 17, 2007
OnePlus 9 Pro
That's what it seemed to me. I just got the phone a couple days ago and it was on 11.2.3.3.LE25AA. I rooted it first thing. It immediately wanted to update to C40 but when I said to do it, it kept getting errors. After doing some research, I found that you need to be on 36 before it can go to 40. So, I found a copy of 36 and flashed it, but when I did so and did the "reinstall magisk before it reboots to keep root", the phone reverted back and the 36 update did not take.

At this point, I should have just left well enough alone and leave it on A11 forever. But I really want 12 for the single reason that I use gesture navigation and I HATE having to swipe from the sides for the back function (it screws up SO many things), and want to once again be able to swipe from the bottom sides without invoking google assistant (using a 3rd party app and not deleting google from my phone).

So, I updated again and this time did not reinstall magisk, and got to 36, then updated to 40. Not realizing that these were a completely new operating system I found the latest OOS and extracted boot.img using payload dumper since I could only find incrementals of the latest build. And tried to root it using the normal method with Magisk. Of course, once I installed the boot.img from a different OS, the phone bricked. It would only go to bootloader mode and EDL was not available. So I spent hours figuring out how to use MSM tool and what to do when EDL does not work (and by trial and error found that you need to uncheck the SHA256 check for the tool I had). It was the first time in all my years with Oneplus (starting with the One) that I thought I was going to have to return the phone. And about the hundredth time I cursed Oneplus for not just using TWRP instead of their bullcrap recovery.

Anyway, I ended up on build 11.2.4.4.LE25AA and everything's good. Phone is great with amazing battery life. I was not impressed with the brief glimpse I got of COS12 and expect I will stay on OOS11 for the foreseeable future until there is a reliable rooting method, despite being mad every day the last two years about the stupid gestures.

Now my only question is how to get rid of the stupid icon bugging my to upgrade to C40. It ain't gonna happen.
Damn man... what a rigamarole. I'm seriously glad I didn't apply the update. I still don't understand why I'd need to factory reset (and install Google apps manually). I guess I'll be staying on this version for a while, as I'm absolutely not dealing with all that.

Tried to follow what you were saying about gestures. I have no problem with them. I have the Google app but never use it. I just open a browser if I want to search and will usually go out of my way to remove any Google widgets from the home screen. I can swipe from any level on either side of the screen to go back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OnePlus 9 Series ROOT Toolbox
    For 9R / 9 / 9 Pro / 9RT ColorOS / OxygenOS
    Warning: Be careful with bricked devices. Operate with your own caution!

Tutorials and considerations are in the toolbox.

Toolbox Changelog v1.1.5:

- Add fastbootd support
    - Optimize display

Disclaimer and End-User License Agreement
    >>Begin Text<<
    Thank you for your support!

The MlgmXyysd's ROOT Toolbox (hereinafter referred to as [Software]) used by the user (hereinafter referred to as [you]) is provided by MlgmXyysd (hereinafter referred to as [me] or ).

In order to continue using the Software, you must agree to the following agreements.

1. Privacy Policy
    1.1 I promise not to collect or use any information about your device in any way.

2. Disclaimer of Warranties
    2.1. I have tested the software for maximum functional usability and security at the time of release, but do not guarantee that your device will be available, so please verify that it is the original download before using the software.
    2.2. I am not responsible for any operation (including but not limited to normal use of the software, etc.) and any consequences (including but not limited to failure to boot, software damage, functional damage, hardware damage, etc.) performed by you with respect to the device.
    2.3. By using the Software, I assume that you have knowledge and understanding of the Software, so any failure caused by the Software (including, but not limited to, warranty failure, data loss, etc.) is beyond the scope of my responsibility to resolve.

3. Exclusion of Liability
    3.1. The Software is purely a personal hobby and self-made for the purpose of study and research, not an official product of OnePlus, and OnePlus shall not be held responsible for the Software.

4. Additional Terms
    4.1. If you encounter bugs while using the software, please raise them with me to help me continuously improve the software; if you make improvements based on the software, please disclose and share the results of your work to help the community learn and study.
    4.2. you should not, and are not allowed to, erase my copyright information when redistributing the software.
    4.3. By using or redistributing the Software, you implicitly accept this agreement, and if you do not agree to it, please remove all copies of the Software from your computer immediately.
    >>End of text<<
    Revised on September 30, 2021.

Notes (Read carefully before downloading)
    1. New feedback reports from multiple users are received. Do NOT install or use the Riru - LSPosed framework and org.lsposed.manager application in the system based on Android 11 and 12, which will lead to various serious bugs in the system.
    2. The unofficial magisk branch is neither adapted nor intended to be adapted. The manager installing the unofficial branch will not be able to obtain root permission. In this case, the unofficial manager has been installed before. Please remove it and reinstall it using the toolbox. Meanwhile, for the sake of device data security, do NOT install or use unofficial branches such as Magisk Alpha / Magisk Lite.
    3. If "Method I" can't boot, please use "Method II" to flash again.
    4. Root may affect the recurrence of some system bugs. Please remove root when feeding back system bugs.
    5. After successful ROOT, do not update to Canary test or try Zygisk, Canary branch has deleted the Magisk Hide, and it will lead to data incompatibility after next OTA, and cannot get ROOT permission again. (Canary test is not provided for ordinary users!) If you can't get the permission, you need to delete the whole folder /data/adb by yourself, which will clear all the Magisk settings and installed modules; if you want to delete this folder without ROOT permission, you usually need to do Factory Reset, which will clear all the userdata (including the downloaded files).
    6. if both methods fail to boot, try restore stock Vendor Kernel option.

Downloads
    OnePlus 9R
    :
    Open Beta 1 (LE2100_11_C.09):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Meow Mobile File Payload Server

OnePlus 9:
    Trial 2 (LE2110_11_C.10):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 1 (LE2110_11_C.23):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 2 (LE2110_11_C.25):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 3 (LE2110_11_C.31):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable (LE21X0_11_C.36):
    Same as OnePlus 9 Pro
    Stable (LE21X0_11_C.38):
    Same as OnePlus 9 Pro
    Stable (LE21X0_11_C.39):
    Same as OnePlus 9 Pro
    Open Beta 1 India (LE2111_11_C.23):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 1 Global (LE2115_11_C.23):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 2 Global / India (LE21XX_11_C.31):
    Same as OnePlus 9 Pro
    Stable Global / India (LE21XX_11_C.36):
    Same as OnePlus 9 Pro
    Stable Europe (LE21X3_11_C.38):
    Same as OnePlus 9 Pro
    Stable Global / India (LE21XX_11_C.39):
    Same as OnePlus 9 Pro
    Stable (LE2110_11_A.12):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Stable (LE2110_11_A.13):
    Baidu Netdisk

OnePlus 9 Pro:
    Trial 2 (LE2120_11_C.10):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 1 (LE2120_11_C.23):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 2 (LE2120_11_C.25):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 3 (LE2120_11_C.31):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable (LE21X0_11_C.36):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable (LE21X0_11_C.38):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable (LE21X0_11_C.39):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Open Beta 1 India (LE2121_11_C.23):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 1 Global (LE2125_11_C.23):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Open Beta 2 Global / India (LE21XX_11_C.31):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable Global / India (LE21XX_11_C.36):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable Europe (LE21X3_11_C.38):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable Global / India (LE21XX_11_C.39):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable (LE2120_11_A.12):
    Baidu Netdisk
    OneDrive
    Stable (LE2120_11_A.13):
    Baidu Netdisk

OnePlus 9RT:
    Stable (MT2110_11_A.07):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable (MT2110_11_A.08): (p.s. ZIP password of this version is mlgmxyysd-oneplus)
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable (MT2110_11_A.09):
    Baidu Netdisk
    Stable (MT2110_11_A.10):
    Baidu Netdisk

Extract password: 0000 / ZIP password: mlgmxyysd_oneplus

System OTA packages
    See the firmware channel: @OnePlusOTA

1633451449111.png
    Thnx a lot. this worked pretty well. only took 2 mins to get root. Plus clear guidelines.
    Update: OnePlus 9 / 9 Pro ColorOS 12 Stable (LE21X0_11_C.36) (2021.11.25)
    Update: OxygenOS 12 & ColorOS 12 Open Beta 1
    Update: ColorOS 11.2 Stable (LE21X0_11_A.12) (2021.10.18)