Magisk root for KB2007?

Search This thread
Hey everyone so I have my OnePlus8T all unlocked and ready to be rooted via Magisk. This includes both OEM unlocking turned on and I have successfully gone through the SIM unlock process with T-Mobile.

However....how can I root with Magisk by doing the step of payload dumper without being able to obtain the latest firmware online? I've looked everywhere but looks like T-Mobile keeps it on a tight leash.

Thanks in advance.

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Hey everyone so I have my OnePlus8T all unlocked and ready to be rooted via Magisk. This includes both OEM unlocking turned on and I have successfully gone through the SIM unlock process with T-Mobile.

However....how can I root with Magisk by doing the step of payload dumper without being able to obtain the latest firmware online? I've looked everywhere but looks like T-Mobile keeps it on a tight leash.

Thanks in advance.
Hello!

As you haven't specified what firmware is installed on your phone at the moment, i see several variants:
1. You can find patched boot.img here on xda for your firmware and boot it, after install Magisk app as usual (Magisk -> Magisk Install -> "Direct Install (Recommended)")
2. If you're unable to find patched boot for your firmware version, you can temporary boot twrp recovery, and install magisk apk with it.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Those instructions apply to the KB2007? I'm not seeing the model discussed anywhere in that thread and don't wanna brick my phone.

If so, when I go through the process to patch the IMG file through Magisk will it wipe the phone like it did when I unlocked the bootloader?
The rooting process isn't device specific. And it doesn't wipe your phone.
Also, if you are going to use TWRP, you could take a backup of your phone (see https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-11...ect-8t-kebab-2022-03-09.4302449/post-85292199) which you could use to restore your system.
But, as always, there are no guarantees and you do this entirely at your own risk.
And, yes, I understand how scary it is to do these things the first time.