Question Magisk ROOT MIUI 14

Search This thread

or965

Mar 2, 2013
You can root with magisk on any miui 14 without using twrp.Just get the boot image from the rom,install magisk apk and patch the boot.img, reboot to fastboot mode ,open cmd and write "fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img" just replace boot.img with the name of your generated magisk boot. The boot image is located in different location according to the rom you are using .Normal miui recovery rom contain file that called payload.bin.You need to download this tool https://github.com/tobyxdd/android-ota-payload-extractor. Follow the instructions in the link and you will get the boot.img .If you using miui.eu rom ,you just need to extract the zip and you will see the boot.img. Also if you want to use Miui 14 global or EEA, you can use the fastboot rom that I created and the zip file contain the boot.img .You can get download link on this thread link https://xdaforums.com/t/fastboot-version-of-miui-14-eea-global-and-older-miui-13.4381953/ .

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
You can root with magisk on any miui 14 without using twrp.Just get the boot image from the rom,install magisk apk and patch the boot.img, reboot to fastboot mode ,open cmd and write "fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img" just replace boot.img with the name of your generated magisk boot. The boot image is located in different location according to the rom you are using .Normal miui recovery rom contain file that called payload.bin.You need to download this tool https://github.com/tobyxdd/android-ota-payload-extractor. Follow the instructions in the link and you will get the boot.img .If you using miui.eu rom ,you just need to extract the zip and you will see the boot.img. Also if you want to use Miui 14 global or EEA, you can use the fastboot rom that I created and the zip file contain the boot.img .You can get download link on this thread link https://xdaforums.com/t/fastboot-version-of-miui-14-eea-global-and-older-miui-13.4381953/ .
ive use your method but my phone still gone to bootloop. im using eu rom currently.

System23

Account currently disabled
Jun 30, 2012
Bernau
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Hey Guys!!!

4 Android 13 we not use Magisk!!! We use Lygisk its a Version direct 4 Android 13 and works great!!!
you can choose witch File you would Patch Boot.img/Recovery.img!! So you can Boot with boot.img normaly into Rooted System!!! And when you Patch the Recovery.img and Flash this, you must start with the Button-Combo that starts Recovery-Mode, so its start the Rooted System, when you start it normaly not over Recovery-Mode the System is Not Rooted!!! Thats the Difference between the 2 Methods,and a Patched Recovery dont set you in Bootloop!!!

Lygisk APK ZIP

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
Hey Guys!!!

4 Android 13 we not use Magisk!!! We use Lygisk its a Version direct 4 Android 13 and works great!!!
you can choose witch File you would Patch Boot.img/Recovery.img!! So you can Boot with boot.img normaly into Rooted System!!! And when you Patch the Recovery.img and Flash this, you must start with the Button-Combo that starts Recovery-Mode, so its start the Rooted System, when you start it normaly not over Recovery-Mode the System is Not Rooted!!! Thats the Difference between the 2 Methods,and a Patched Recovery dont set you in Bootloop!!!

Lygisk APK ZIP
Hi, sorry, but i bit confused about the method here. You mean to just patch either or both. This method is for fastboot or twrp. Sorry if im asking noob question.

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
And for context, im using Eu weekly rom, not stable and twrp-3.7.0_12-v7.2_A13-venus-skkk.img for recovery. The recovery im using in eu rom forum method for installation.

System23

Jun 30, 2012
Bernau
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Hi, sorry, but i bit confused about the method here. You mean to just patch either or both. This method is for fastboot or twrp. Sorry if im asking noob question.
All good say what you think!! not booth one of them boot.img or recovery.img!! you can flash zip via TWRP than you dont need other steps!!! you can install the Apk and Patch the Boot.img or recovery.img!!! than you can flash it in fastboot, twrp Image or twrp terminal!! choose your method

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
All good say what you think!! not booth one of them boot.img or recovery.img!! you can flash zip via TWRP than you dont need other steps!!! you can install the Apk and Patch the Boot.img or recovery.img!!! than you can flash it in fastboot, twrp Image or twrp terminal!! choose your method
I guess i should post how I'm doing with the root situation. I guess i miss the part that you need to format the rom after installing new rom. And then do flash the boot.img steps. Now magisk is installed and no bootloop.
I on the other hand do format and flash rom. And continue the boot.img process. I guess that's why it doesn't work.
I'm in the process on restoring my data.

System23

Jun 30, 2012
Bernau
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
I guess i should post how I'm doing with the root situation. I guess i miss the part that you need to format the rom after installing new rom. And then do flash the boot.img steps. Now magisk is installed and no bootloop.
I on the other hand do format and flash rom. And continue the boot.img process. I guess that's why it doesn't work.
ok a Tip to you!!! when you only Backup Data Partition you can restore it and all Contacts,SMS,Accounts,Apps are availibile again on new ROM!!!

Why you dont use the Magisk.zip and flash it via TWRP after Flash ROM!!! you can rename Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip and flash it!! than you dont need other steps to Root!!! when it dosnt work use the recovery.img to Patch it and try this Method for Rooting, but dont forgett when ya do so you need to try the Buttons-Combo to start in Recovery to boot the System in Root and you have no Recovery-Mode at this Method!!! Also to use Recovery again you must Flash it again via Fastboot!!

And in TWRP use the WIPE Option to make a Factory Reset or WIPE a Single Partition, after some Flashing CROMS its needed to be WIPE the Data Partition!!!

Reactions: martin132014

System23

Jun 30, 2012
Bernau
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
you can ask me what you would i share my Informations with ya!!! when iam not knowing iam googleing it out to find a solution!! the talk we have start are hope helpfully!! when ya have intresst we can stay in kontakt and make what we can, even its public 4 all or PM!!! PS i must not hide my Knowledge, but PM its OK too!!!

Reactions: Christian9308

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok a Tip to you!!! when you only Backup Data Partition you can restore it and all Contacts,SMS,Accounts,Apps are availibile again on new ROM!!!

Why you dont use the Magisk.zip and flash it via TWRP after Flash ROM!!! you can rename Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip and flash it!! than you dont need other steps to Root!!! when it dosnt work use the recovery.img to Patch it and try this Method for Rooting, but dont forgett when ya do so you need to try the Buttons-Combo to start in Recovery to boot the System in Root and you have no Recovery-Mode at this Method!!! Also to use Recovery again you must Flash it again via Fastboot!!

And in TWRP use the WIPE Option to make a Factory Reset or WIPE a Single Partition, after some Flashing CROMS its needed to be WIPE the Data Partition!!!
    you can ask me what you would i share my Informations with ya!!! when iam not knowing iam googleing it out to find a solution!! the talk we have start are hope helpfully!! when ya have intresst we can stay in kontakt and make what we can, even its public 4 all or PM!!! PS i must not hide my Knowledge, but PM its OK too!!!