[MAGISK] Screenshot in PNG

angelsel

Jan 16, 2011
Singapore
This module patches OPLongshot's code so that it produces PNG screenshots, as it should, instead of JPEG screenshots (ew!). It patches only the VDEX/ODEX files, which have no signature on them — only the APK is signed, which we do not modify, so OPLongshot still retains system signature privileges. The original APK is included to avoid version mismatches (although I don't think there will be much issue even if it isn't includd).

Note that the OPLongshot was taken from the OnePlus 5T's system image. YMMV for other devices on OxygenOS (or even HydrogenOS?).

The current version uses the version of OPLongshot from OnePlus 5T OxygenOS 5.1.0/5.1.1 (same), with version 1.1.0.180328153957.6a699c8.

Remember to clear Dalvik/ART cache after installing this.

GitHub repository (also details of how the patch is done).
Download zip (temporary until the Magisk repo bot refreshes)

Last edited:

Youtube_Ll0r3nt3

Feb 6, 2018
Madrid
www.youtube.com
Hello, could you make a valid version for Nougat? Try yours but it does not work. You could also add the option of 9999 captured pages instead of 12 (do not do it). I saw several values ​​to modify but it did not work ... if you want I'll give you the latest version of nougat. Thank you! @angelsel

PD: Here the apk (OPLongshot) https://mega.nz/#F!KY1gHR6A!taK5YsqI4pwOpe3ewrdAWg

Last edited:

angelsel

Jan 16, 2011
Singapore
Hello, could you make a valid version for Nougat? Try yours but it does not work. You could also add the option of 9999 captured pages instead of 12 (do not do it). I saw several values ​​to modify but it did not work ... if you want I'll give you the latest version of nougat. Thank you! @angelsel

PD: Here the apk (OPLongshot) https://mega.nz/#F!KY1gHR6A!taK5YsqI4pwOpe3ewrdAWg
Could you run (on your device) `oatdump --oat-file=/system/app/OPLongshot/oat/arm64/OPLongshot.odex --export-dex-to=some/dir` and get the resulting DEX file?

Reactions: Youtube_Ll0r3nt3

MZGSZM

Oct 7, 2017
This module works flawlessly on my OnePlus 5, in case anyone else wanted to try it on theirs.

Who at OnePlus decided JPGs should be used for screenshots? Gross.

Thanks!

Reactions: Pro4TLZZ

urbanman2004

Sep 16, 2013
Rock Town
Can anybody confirm if this Xposed module works on OnePlus 7T using Android 10, thanks.

---Edit---

Can confirm that it doesn't work on OnePlus 7T after attempting to flash w/ Magisk.

Last edited: