[MAGISK][SCREENSHOT+] Long Screenshot Mod for Android 9 (P)/Android 10 (Q)/Android 11 (R)

Search This thread

bigbadwolf_pig

Oct 27, 2014
Somewhere far east...
You're welcome!
Yes, those are time intervals that define how long does it take to start taking the screenshot since you long click the QS Tile, I made it like that because without any delay, sometimes, the screenshot started in the middle of the QS hide animation.

500ms were enough in my tests but decided to add extra steps just to practice and left them as a feature 🙃. If there is no change for you, then it's a bug. If you want, take a logcat while you take screenshots with different time intervals and sent it here as attachment and I'll check it.
Hey man the timer thing is working I just rebooted my phone and .5, 1s and 3s time interval works.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Luisbocanegra

mznpratap

May 5, 2017
Sorry for the late reply. In your log I don't see anything that explains why the app is not loaded, maybe it was in an earlier stage of the boot process and then the logcat buffer was cleared when you unlocked, i don't know.
If you start your device with the adb logcat waiting for devices, in theory, it should capture something more meaningful.

I suspect this is related to the keys the rom is signed with and wether they allow (do they can?) or not packages not signed with their certificates to access the android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system", if that is, then roms signed with custom keys that are not compatible/nor public can't use this kind of apps in their system if aren't in-built.​

Here's some of the lines that contain errors related to the packages but says the packages weren't found.
E DefaultPermGrantPolicy: PackageNot found: com.asus.stitchimage 06-20 19:55:57.984 1400 1462 E DefaultPermGrantPolicy: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: com.asus.stitchimage 06-20 19:55:57.984 1400 1462 E DefaultPermGrantPolicy: at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getPackageInfoAsUser(ApplicationPackageManager.java:193) ...
Update
This version should work from android 9 through android 11, tested on android 10 (LineageOS 17.1) & Android 11 (Evolution X)
THIS VERSION HAS A DIFFERENT NAME, SO MAKE SURE TO UNINSTALL OLDER VERSION FIRST
Changes

• Updated Stitchimage from asus/WW_I002D/ASUS_I002D:11/RKQ1.200710.002/30.41.69.89_20210728:user/release-keys OTA
LongshotQS app
  • Migration to Kotlin
  • New app icon because why not
  • Added screenshot delays
    • Tapping Tile changes screenshot delay, longpress takes screenshot
  • Show delay in QS icon and QS subtitle (subtitles need API level 29+)
  • Updated QS icons
  • Add Tasker Action to start screenshot service
  • Hopefully fixed the disabled tile on boot bug (needs testing)
Download
i am using pixel experience plus A11 . So i flashed that file and i got the quick tile , when i long hold , nothing happens. Also i didn't get the app after flashing the file, i don't even know which app ?

Luisbocanegra

Dec 16, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
i am using pixel experience plus A11 . So i flashed that file and i got the quick tile , when i long hold , nothing happens. Also i didn't get the app after flashing the file, i don't even know which app ?
Official releases of pixel experience and other roms are signed with their own private keys, the applications on this mod ( StitchImage and StitchImageService) need to be run with android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system" which is only allowed to system apps that were signed with those private keys in the android build process. To my knowledge there is nothing that can be done to bypass that limitation, apart from building your own unofficial rom build of course.

MrNessuno

Feb 25, 2021
Update
This version should work from android 9 through android 11, tested on android 10 (LineageOS 17.1) & Android 11 (Evolution X)
THIS VERSION HAS A DIFFERENT NAME, SO MAKE SURE TO UNINSTALL OLDER VERSION FIRST
Changes

• Updated Stitchimage from asus/WW_I002D/ASUS_I002D:11/RKQ1.200710.002/30.41.69.89_20210728:user/release-keys OTA
LongshotQS app
  • Migration to Kotlin
  • New app icon because why not
  • Added screenshot delays
    • Tapping Tile changes screenshot delay, longpress takes screenshot
  • Show delay in QS icon and QS subtitle (subtitles need API level 29+)
  • Updated QS icons
  • Add Tasker Action to start screenshot service
  • Hopefully fixed the disabled tile on boot bug (needs testing)
Download
Not working lineage OS 18.1
I press the long press but nothing happens, I'll send you the logcat as screenshot, the error is one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211003-022158_Logcat_Reader.png
    Screenshot_20211003-022158_Logcat_Reader.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: ithehappy

Luisbocanegra

Dec 16, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Update for Android 12
This version should on android 9-12 (tested on Android 12 Evolution X ROM)
Older android versions not tested
Changes

• Updated Stitchimage from asus/WW_I006D/ASUS_I006D:11/RKQ1.201022.002/30.12.112.36:user/release
    keys
Download

Reactions: Lord Sithek

Guitrx

Oct 21, 2020

Luisbocanegra

Dec 16, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Update for Android 12 (L?)
This version should on android 9-12 (tested on Android 11 Lineage 0S unofficial)
Changes
  • Update maximum api level to 32 (untested).
  • Abort installation in ROMS not signed with AOSP's public release-keys. With this change the module should not install in Roms like Pixel Experience Official.
Download

Last edited:

BelajarTzy

Apr 18, 2022
Last edited:
This version should on android 9-12 (tested on Android 11 Lineage 0S unofficial)
Changes
  • Abort installation in ROMS not signed with AOSP's public release-keys. With this change the module should not install in Roms like Pixel Experience Official.
Download
Thanks ! It works fine on Havoc 4.16 a11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-085352_Shady_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220517-085352_Shady_Launcher.png
    714.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220517-085342_Screenshot.png
    Screenshot_20220517-085342_Screenshot.png
    813.3 KB · Views: 9

ZodiacFam

Oct 20, 2020
I tried all the versions here, but it seems not working on One Ui Core Android 10? I'm not sure. I flashed the latest and after reboot it had a qs tile. Tried long click, but it does nothing. Any solution to this? Thank you!
Screenshot_20220607-090836.jpg
Screenshot_20220607-090812_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20220607-090749_One UI Home.jpg

May 17, 2015
Changes
Download
Tested this release on CrDroid 8.6 (Android 12.1); works without any issue.

Thanks.

I wish you could expose the editing ability of the app so that when we choose to edit an image (Share feature), the image editor of this module get suggested too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.

YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device/software.

Note that this mod may/may not work for your device.

Some users reported that this module doesn't work with NitrogenOS ROM.

Android P (9)

This Magisk module contains Screenshot+ mod which is extracted from ZenFone 6 (2019) firmware. A big thanks to @AL_IRAQI & @tue0506 for helping me to create this module.
    Please read reply #2!

Screenshot+: Link

For Android Q (10) & Android R (11)

Refer this post: Link

Flash this via Magisk and reboot. Enjoy :) :) :)
    For ASUS Screenshot+, kindly download Shortcutter app and QuickShortcutMaker from Google Play Store.
    Shortcutter Play Store Link & QuickShortcutMaker Play Store Link.

If Play Store says "Item not available/not available in your country", kindly download APK from other sources.

After that, open Shortcutter app, grant root access and create a new tile by tapping 3 bar menu> Pull-Down > Custom Tiles > Custom Tile #1 > Shortcut > Activities > Screenshot+ > .LaunchActivity > Create. Now you can do long screenshots by tapping on the tile in quick settings :)

OR

You can install Tiles app (paid) from Google Play Store

After that, grant root access and create a new tile by entering Activities > Activity #1 > Activity > Screenshot+ > com.asus.stitchimage.LaunchActivity > 3 dot menu button > Save. Now you can do long screenshots by tapping on the tile in quick settings :)

OR

You can use Tasker app. Just create task "Run Shell" and put command "am start com.asus.stitchimage/com.asus.stitchimage.LaunchActivity" (also mark "Use Root" box). Now you can create any profile triggering the task or add it to Quick Settings Task in Preferences > Action tab. Thanks to @Lord Sithek for this alternative method :good:

Video Tutorial: YouTube thanks to munchy
    Test Q and R

I've made a new pair of modules, this time using PixelExperience implementation for the Qs Tile (big thanks and credits to PE team) :highfive:
    check them out and tell me if it works, tested on Lineageos17.1( android 10) and extendedUI (android 11)

ASUS_Screenshot-R-v3[Magisk].zip
    ASUS_Screenshot-Q-v3[Magisk].zip
    Hello,
    I flashed via magisk and installed shortcuter but I cant find screenshot+ in activities!
    Whats wrong.
    Updated apks from zenui rom and seems to work with Q but in my tests the device freezes 1 of 5 attempts (or so) when trying to take the screenshot and reboot is needed. :silly: This can be a rom related problem I don't know. Test it at your own risk.
    Also added a Qs tile app for easy access of the intent, you can add it editing your qstiles
    ASUS_ZenUI6_Experience_v2.0_Screenshot_Magisk