Question Magisk support for Nord CE2

Search This thread

Spaceboy60

Dec 22, 2014
So can the indian variant of vbmeta.img be flashed on a phone running EU Software to gain root (obviously along with patched eu boot.img)??

Spaceboy60

Dec 22, 2014
There's a rollback file (if you want to stop using android 12) that contains the A.13 boot.img
OK cool, I read on the oneplus forum couple of people flashed the update on a UK phone in it works fine. I'm assuming the rollback firmware should work fine then. Or am I best to update to a.13 from the oneplus settings??

VoidoShmoido

Apr 18, 2015
OK cool, I read on the oneplus forum couple of people flashed the update on a UK phone in it works fine. I'm assuming the rollback firmware should work fine then. Or am I best to update to a.13 from the oneplus settings??
Rollback wiped all user data for me, so be ready.

On beta version my phone was turning screen on for no reason absolutely at random, so I rolled back. Battery was draining faster.

Reactions: Spaceboy60

trohn_javolta

Jul 3, 2015
Can anyone confirm that patching the boot.img from the Indian rollback zip with magisk and flashing it via fastboot also works for eu stock Rom to get root? Also is there a way to get back to stock if I mess up?

Colemanuk82

Jan 19, 2019
I updated to the indian beta with no bad effects! Im from the UK and works great.
You get the indian oneplus store installed as an extra and thats really it. I use nova launcher so cant comment on the stock look

Mar 30, 2021
today the official version of android 12 for oneplus nord ce 2 indian variant is released attached is the patched boot image if anyone needs, however i am unable to access fastboot to flash it, my bootloader is unlocked, someone please guide

Attachments

• magisk_patched-25200_4IGwn.img
    32 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: Avi69420Ezio

Avi69420Ezio

Feb 3, 2022
today the official version of android 12 for oneplus nord ce 2 indian variant is released attached is the patched boot image if anyone needs, however i am unable to access fastboot to flash it, my bootloader is unlocked, someone please guide
is this the boot img for android 12? and can you please tell me how to unlock the boot loader it fails when i try to do it the generic way.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021
@Avi69420Ezio check dm, furthermore anyone able to run root with android 12, what sucks further is that with the update the recovery changed further, i.e. you only get 2 options in recovery which are format and reboot can't update anymore via recovery..

rp1989

Jan 25, 2009
OnePlus uploaded full A.13 build here in the thread https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1110424001643544581

There's a boot.img inside zip for A.13
Successfully rooted UK model IV2201_11_A.13 with the rollback boot.img from this link. Everything running all ok so far.

I did not use the patched img provide earlier. I copied the stock boot.img from the rollback a13 firmware to magisk and patched it again. Then simply flashed the patched boot.

Last edited:

rp1989

Jan 25, 2009
Just received the android 12 update version IV2201_11_C.05 in the UK. Does anyone have stock boot for this yet please?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We can root using another method

Before going further read @ko_hi's disclaimer here.
    Please do not tell how to root A12 for the sake of the phone!

Why!?

As we all know, magisk is very buggy on A11 (hence, even if you succeed to boot it, any modification can break the phones boot procedure) so it will be stuck on boot animation.

But i have enabled USB debugging?! Won't that help me?

Answer is simple: NO
    the adb access seems to be *revoked* or as system never boots up properly. It will not allow adb commands to be run due to unauthorized device!

But that's okay right!?
    NO. if you get to this point, the only hope you have, is to let the phone try to boot. This will fail so it will reboot and try again. This will happen 3 times. Then it should go to recovery! And that will take approx 20-30 minutes! *Sounds fun right?*

Then when were in recovery. Touch is broken so you must use a PC to restore the device. And if you have none nearby. Well YAY you're out of luck for the moment.

But if i have a PC nearby?
    Well loose all your files and start over again. But don't be mad if it will happen suddenly again after some time 😴

But can't this be prevented!!!?
    Sure, if my assumption is correct.

Rootguard in kernel is causing the phone to not boot if using root access. (This isn't fully proven by me though) still in testing phase. But what I've found in kernel source is that they do try to kill root access? And this cause the device not to boot? (Haven't been able to log it either since i haven't had insecure me adb)

Can't really tell fully since It was some weeks ago i browsed the code.

But with this said,. For the sake of your phone. Don't root A12
    It can brick your device.

Here are the instructions I followed
    • Download and install DSU sideloader app from https://github.com/VegaBobo/DSU-Sideloader/releases
    • Download Lineage OS rooted GSI from https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-19.x/. I have downloaded the GSI with name lineage-19.1-20230112-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img.xz
    • Go to DSU sideloader app and install the downloaded GSI. It will show some adb commands which you need to run using adb
    • Once installation is complete you will get a notification to boot to GSI. use that and boot into lineage OS
    • Once initial setup is completed in lineage os, enable usb debugging and run 'adb shell'
    • in the adb shell run 'su'
    • then run 'dd if=/dev/block/sdc49 of=/sdcard/boot.img; sync'
      • Now you should have boot.img file in your phone
    • Install magisk and patch the boot.img
    • then run 'dd if=/sdcard/<patched boot file> of=/dev/block/sdc49; sync'
    • Once it is complete reboot
    • Now it should be rooted
    • You can discard the GSI boot from the notification, which will delete all the data of lineageOS
    On the side note, you can try out custom roms using DSU sideloader. you can have look at list of GSIs available at https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list.
    The GSI roms have few bugs like on screen fingerprint does not work
    I have successfully rooted my phone with Magisk on the A.12 update. Bluetooth/wifi are working. I was able to acquire the firmware files, and was able to extract the boot.img. Please note that my phone is the Indian Variant.

Screenshot_2022-06-22-10-31-37-42_144d3b563413d7d0300db22090f32a96.jpgScreenshot_2022-06-22-10-30-59-40_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Can ou share the Boot.img?
    Also, are you able to upgrade to A.12?
    A11 boot image attached. I am able to see the A12 update, but have not tried yet.
    While the device is the cheapest offering from OnePlus, it's quite difficult to root it still..

* I somehow unlocked the bootloader after downloading dimensity drivers and using fastboot.
    * The immediate next step was to extract boot.img from stock rom using payload dumper.. easy enough right? Apparently not!!.. There is no stock rom available on the OnePlus site for this device and it doesn't even support local upgrades..

There's no TWRP, Orangefox or any other recovery to install magisk as of yet.. I wonder what's wrong with the device and why one has to try so hard to root a simple phone..

If you're reading this and know a way to root, please help out..
    Say

Says it's open beta based on android 12 unless I missed something
    There's a rollback file (if you want to stop using android 12) that contains the A.13 boot.img
    Here's my patched boot.img for A13. India.
    Magisk works.