Magisk supported devices

Search This thread

DerEngel

Oct 17, 2016
Greetings,

I couldn't find any supported devices list for Magisk + MagiskManager. I want to install it to root my Honor 6A, once i get the bootloader unlock code.
Another question is, how important is it to have a boot.img backup? I read about it in the Magisk install guide. But twrp does not support my device, so i can't create a dump myself.

Regards, Vincent

Didgeridoohan

Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
There's no such list... It would simply be too cumbersome to maintain.

If you're unsure, it's usually best to ask around in your device's forum (which I see you've done), or simply go for it if you dare. Always have a backup of any important data...

A copy of your boot image is 100% necessary, because that's what Magisk need to patch. Easiest way is usually to extract it from your device's factory image/firmware/ROM/etc. Again, best place for advice on that is your device's forum...

Reactions: DB126

DerEngel

Oct 17, 2016

If you're unsure, it's usually best to ask around in your device's forum (which I see you've done), or simply go for it if you dare. Always have a backup of any important data...

A copy of your boot image is 100% necessary, because that's what Magisk need to patch. Easiest way is usually to extract it from your device's factory image/firmware/ROM/etc. Again, best place for advice on that is your device's forum...

Alright, thanks ill hope someone answeres in the device forum. Maybe i can extract it with adb after i got the bootloader unlocked.

Have a nice day!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone