[MAGISK] [Tasker][Release] Motion Sense (Soli/Oslo) Mod

Search This thread

Balino

Mar 3, 2011
Gaeta
I've tested the new update and it still works for the original gestures. I'll need to update the bridge to use the new gesture.
Thank you for your support. I use the phone for work so I can't use it for testing Sorry to bother you Every time a new update drops. This mod Is really useful for me, using gestures while driving Is the reason I bought this phone eheh

Last edited:

plethorahil

Jun 12, 2013
used to work but doesnt anymore :(

Also looked into Motion Sense APK. Restriction is phone number country code based, can be bypassed. Also looks like its developers left setting to disable country checks at all. TO do that, you just need to change android setting 'pixel.oslo.allowed_override' to '1'. This way modified APK not needed.

I can't try this right now but if you want to check, then connect Pixel 4 with developer mode and execute command in adb shell:
Code:
adb shell setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override 1
or
Code:
adb shell "setprop persist.pixel.oslo.allowed_override 1; setprop ctl.restart zygote"
or edit system/build.prop with some app
You need root to do this.

Just executing commands used to work for me back in Dec but now when I run commands, device restarts and motion sense disabled as usual :crying:

Can you confirm this? I don't want to try hard to enable it (installing xposed, modules, 3rd party apps) if it can be done by changing flags

Eugnis

Oct 19, 2019
Kyiv
Just executing commands used to work for me back in Dec but now when I run commands, device restarts and motion sense disabled as usual :crying:

Can you confirm this? I don't want to try hard to enable it (installing xposed, modules, 3rd party apps) if it can be done by changing flags
After update they changed value from true to 1 so you can set same prop
Code:
pixel.oslo.allowed_override
with value
Code:

Btw I'm using MagiskHide Props for it so it set this setting after each reboot.
It's easy to use, after installing add new prop with magiskhide: pixel.oslo.allowed_override with value 1. After reboot it'll start work

Last edited:

ZacharyZhao

Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for your excellent module.

However, when I run the lastest OsloBridger in my pixel 4, the warning says "BroadcastQueue: Permission Denial: broadcasting Intent { act=net.dinglisch.android.tasker.ACTION_TASK dat=id:5918405318731213582 flg=0x10 (has extras) } from com.jcarletto.oslobridger (pid=24009, uid=10208) requires net.dinglisch.android.tasker.PERMISSION_RUN_TASKS due to receiver net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/.ReceiverStaticRunTasks"

And I notice that the data I can read from logcat "Oslo/OsloMetrics" keeps static, especially " mAxialVelocity = 0.0, mAngle = 1.17549435E-38", which is not in line with the reality.

Device : Pixel 4
Patch Date: January, 1, 2020
Are you Rooted with Magisk? : Yes
Other Modules Installed: edXposed
Do you have Tasker installed ? Yes
Is "Allow External Access" checked in the Tasker Misc Preferences? Yes

p.s. I want to store oslo data from soli in pixel 4, may I find the source code of OsloBridger? I really appreciate your help thanks a lot.

Also looked into Motion Sense APK. Restriction is phone number country code based, can be bypassed. Also looks like its developers left setting to disable country checks at all. TO do that, you just need to change android setting 'pixel.oslo.allowed_override' to '1' or 'true'. This way modified APK not needed.

I can't try this right now but if you want to check, then connect Pixel 4 with developer mode and execute command in adb shell:
or

Thanks,According to your prompt, my friend has written the EDXPOSED module to open Motion Sense in any region.

Hi
I got a Pixel 4 and root the device, but I don't understand what you mean for developer mode. How can I turn on my device for that?
I know is a kinda old post, I'm new to this and I don't understand many things. Someone could help me?

ok555

Oct 14, 2007
Hi, I tried to use terminal command but it doesn't work for me, then installed mqagisk module EnableSoli.Magisk20.2.V1.2 and still cant enable soli(((
any suggestion?

Reactions: tlama

tlama

Oct 17, 2010
there is no way i can enable SOLI, i tried everything, even ADB, now my last chance is to dig how the hell i can edit the system.buid.prop without screwing up the phone...can anybody help?

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Also looked into Motion Sense APK. Restriction is phone number country code based, can be bypassed. Also looks like its developers left setting to disable country checks at all. TO do that, you just need to change android setting 'pixel.oslo.allowed_override' to '1'. This way modified APK not needed.

Code:
adb shell setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override 1
or
Code:
adb shell "setprop persist.pixel.oslo.allowed_override 1; setprop ctl.restart zygote"
or edit system/build.prop with some app
You need root to do this.

how to add the command editting the build.prop? can i just copy the command at the end of editing ?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Hi, I tried to use terminal command but it doesn't work for me, then installed mqagisk module EnableSoli.Magisk20.2.V1.2 and still cant enable soli(((
any suggestion?
I'm still having a hard time time with this...

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Eugnis

Oct 19, 2019
Kyiv
there is no way i can enable SOLI, i tried everything, even ADB, now my last chance is to dig how the hell i can edit the system.buid.prop without screwing up the phone...can anybody help?

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

how to add the command editting the build.prop? can i just copy the command at the end of editing ?

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I'm still having a hard time time with this...

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Have you tried with MagiskHide Props?

You need to install 2 modules from the magisk - MagiskHide Props and BusyBox. After that, through a program with a terminal (Termux for example), enter su and then props to start the MagiskHide settings. There, you need to go to Add / edit custom props and add a new pixel.oslo.allowed_override with a value of 1
That's all

tlama

Oct 17, 2010
cannot start as rooted on termux...

Have you tried with MagiskHide Props?

You need to install 2 modules from the magisk - MagiskHide Props and BusyBox. After that, through a program with a terminal (Termux for example), enter su and then props to start the MagiskHide settings. There, you need to go to Add / edit custom props and add a new pixel.oslo.allowed_override with a value of 1
That's all

i am so frustrated on this issue...i cannot even start as rooted (it says im unrooted)in termux and wont even let me run the props from there...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??

could you kindly write me the commands so i can see what im missing, really appreciate in advanced any help...im going nuts and feeling very stupid.

tlama

Oct 17, 2010
cannot be done editing with buildprop editor

Thanks,According to your prompt, my friend has written the EDXPOSED module to open Motion Sense in any region.

i tried everything so far without any luck, i even tried buidprop editor and it wont let me save, it gives an error and wont save the file. i tried modifying wit teminal emulator for android calling magisk props, and also wont let me add new prop..

im really exhausted but really dream to see this working, can anyone kindly help to enable the motion sensor on any country? please?

Eugnis

Oct 19, 2019
Kyiv
i am so frustrated on this issue...i cannot even start as rooted (it says im unrooted)in termux and wont even let me run the props from there...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??

could you kindly write me the commands so i can see what im missing, really appreciate in advanced any help...im going nuts and feeling very stupid.

To go to root mode in Termux write this command:
HTML:
su
Then you'll receive Magisk notification about Termux asking for root. If not - open Magisk and go to Superuser tab check if Termux enabled here, there you'll be able to enable root for Termux.

After that (if you have MagiskHide Props installed) write in Termux:
HTML:
props
Next, you'll see Magiskhide loaded and write in Termux to go to add/edit custom props menu:
HTML:
Then to add custom prop write
HTML:
n
Here write
HTML:
On next write
HTML:
Next select post-fs-data - write:
HTML:
Then, to save write:
HTML:
y
After that, it'll ask for reboot. Write
HTML:
y

That's all. After reboot, motion sense should be activated. That's how i setup this prop on my phone to enable soli

Last edited:
Reactions: Edinson Esp

tlama

Oct 17, 2010
it does work as you said!

HTML:
su
Then you'll receive Magisk notification about Termux asking for root. If not - open Magisk and go to Superuser tab check if Termux enabled here, there you'll be able to enable root for Termux.

HTML:
props
Next, you'll see Magiskhide loaded and write in Termux to go to add/edit custom props menu:
HTML:
HTML:
n
Here write
HTML:
On next write
HTML:
HTML:
Then, to save write:
HTML:
y
HTML:
y

That's all. After reboot, motion sense should be activated. That's how i setup this prop on my phone to enable soli

thank you very much, it did work inmediately.i cant thank enough. apparently i was so offuscated way in deep in my frustration that i skipped a couple of steps.thanks again.

Edinson Esp

May 17, 2020
Lima
Motion sense activated Peru

I followed the instructions and managed to activate motion sense in Peru

HTML:
su

HTML:
props
HTML:
HTML:
n
Here write
HTML:
On next write
HTML:
HTML:
Then, to save write:
HTML:
y
HTML:
y

Saludos desde Lima - PERÚ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release of OsloBridge v1.1.2 can be found here https://github.com/jcarletto27/magisk_module_motionsense_mod/releases

The purpose of this is to broadcast intents that Tasker can pick up as events. I plan on sending a PR to TopJohnWu once i hear back on some QA. Please update me here in this thread if you find any bugs! In my own testing I've found that the official apps like Pokemon wave hello and Headed South still function fine.

This module overwrites the built-in Bridge with a modified one that does not check for Googles signature on the requesting app, essentially letting anyone with knowledge of the bridge api to create an app to use MotionSense. My app which I'm calling OsloBridger (Oslo is the internal name for the MotionSense app) creates a foreground service that works even if the screen is off. I've not noticed any serious battery issues, but time will tell.

If you have issues please post here with the following and I'll do my best to help:
    Device : (Pixel 4, Pixel 4XL)
    Patch Date: (Oct,Nov,etc)
    Are you Rooted with Magisk? : (Yes, No)
    Other Modules Installed: (Systemless Hosts, edXposed, etc.)
    Do you have Tasker installed ? (Yes, No)
    Is "Allow External Access" checked in the Tasker Misc Preferences? (Yes, No)
    When you start the service in OsloBridger what does it say in the Notification? (Reach, Flick Gestures Active)
    Level of Tasker Experience ? (Novice, Experienced)
    Also, please provide the task your trying to run. The steps to do that are Go to Tasks -> Long Press the Task you want to execute -> Click Three Dots in top right -> Export -> Description to Clipboard and paste it here

Update Nov 7, 2019 : I've updated the OsloBridger app to now allow the selection of specific tasks from within the app. No more setting up broadcast receivers in Tasker!

Update Nov 12, 2019: Added 2 new service intent filters to allow the starting and stopping of the Service without needing to use the Toggle intent. Updated the defaults to use what I've found works best (surprise! it's the same settings google uses for the builtin actions)

Advanced Users:
    The app will still send those same broadcasts if you don't select a task in OsloBridger, so no changes for those setup already. I find this way to be more flexible because you can add multiple conditions to the event in Tasker, but I get that Tasker can have a huge learning curve.
    There's a squeeze action that says shortcut. Choose the Tasker shortcut and pick the task you want executed. You might need to assign an icon for the shortcut to work. Not sure
    Ok thank you very much. I just successfully set everything.
    I'll post a guide on "how to for noobs" like me asap
    Ok, I hear you guys. Tasker can have a pretty steep learning curve. I'll see what I can do about that with the next release of OsloBridger
    Amy news on March update? I think something could have changed as a new gesture has been added. Did anyone try It?
    I've tested the new update and it still works for the original gestures. I'll need to update the bridge to use the new gesture.
    Sorry Balino, sometimes I forget not everyone has the same level of experience. I'm sure someone will come out full guide for using this. I'll try to put a quick start guide together whenever I can get some free time.