[MAGISK] [Tasker][Release] Motion Sense (Soli/Oslo) Mod

Search This thread

ANURAG KANAKAPALLI

Aug 24, 2020
dosnt work

C:\Users\kanak\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\platform-tools>adb shell setprop pixel.oslo.allowed_override 1
Failed to set property 'pixel.oslo.allowed_override' to '1'.
See dmesg for error reason.

crsag

Dec 14, 2016
To go to root mode in Termux write this command:
HTML:
su
Then you'll receive Magisk notification about Termux asking for root. If not - open Magisk and go to Superuser tab check if Termux enabled here, there you'll be able to enable root for Termux.

After that (if you have MagiskHide Props installed) write in Termux:
HTML:
props
Next, you'll see Magiskhide loaded and write in Termux to go to add/edit custom props menu:
HTML:
Then to add custom prop write
HTML:
n
Here write
HTML:
pixel.oslo.allowed_override
On next write
HTML:
Next select post-fs-data - write:
HTML:
Then, to save write:
HTML:
y
After that, it'll ask for reboot. Write
HTML:
y

That's all. After reboot, motion sense should be activated. That's how i setup this prop on my phone to enable soli

thanks from india..this termux method worked for my pixel 4 xl android 11 sep update

Linksiks

Dec 3, 2020
Google Pixel 4 XL
So, isn't there any updates regarding the new gesture? This is an amazing mod and would be so cool if it gets updated and also would be great if the community share their most used tasks.

FrzHrzn

Aug 10, 2020
Beijing
Huawei Ascend P7
Nexus 9
Yes.

But somehow I bricked my phone just now after I uninstalled the update of Motion Sense Bridge... It just stuck at the G logo with an unlimited loading bar and never go into the main screen.
I factory reset it and I'm restoring my phone now....
I got the basically the same issue after I uninstall the module, but the phone reboots as soon as the lockscreen appears.
I took a logcat with adb and here's what I found:
--------- beginning of crash
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: RollbackManagerServiceHandler
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int android.content.pm.PackageInstaller$SessionInfo.getSessionId()' on a null object reference
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.server.rollback.RollbackManagerServiceImpl.lambda$onBootCompleted$11$RollbackManagerServiceImpl(RollbackManagerServiceImpl.java:618)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.server.rollback.RollbackManagerServiceImpl-$$ExternalSyntheticLambda1.run(Unknown Source:2)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:201)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:288)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:67)

Any idea how this happened? Is there anything I can do to fix this bootloop?

FrzHrzn

Aug 10, 2020
Beijing
Huawei Ascend P7
Nexus 9
I got the basically the same issue after I uninstall the module, but the phone reboots as soon as the lockscreen appears.
I took a logcat with adb and here's what I found:
--------- beginning of crash
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: RollbackManagerServiceHandler
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int android.content.pm.PackageInstaller$SessionInfo.getSessionId()' on a null object reference
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.server.rollback.RollbackManagerServiceImpl.lambda$onBootCompleted$11$RollbackManagerServiceImpl(RollbackManagerServiceImpl.java:618)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.server.rollback.RollbackManagerServiceImpl-$$ExternalSyntheticLambda1.run(Unknown Source:2)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:201)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:288)
04-07 12:43:07.980 1769 2154 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:67)

Any idea how this happened? Is there anything I can do to fix this bootloop?
Idk why but reflashing the system magically fixed the bootloop...Perhaps uninstalling the module messed up with the system partition? I thought it was the data causing the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release of OsloBridge v1.1.2 can be found here https://github.com/jcarletto27/magisk_module_motionsense_mod/releases

The purpose of this is to broadcast intents that Tasker can pick up as events. I plan on sending a PR to TopJohnWu once i hear back on some QA. Please update me here in this thread if you find any bugs! In my own testing I've found that the official apps like Pokemon wave hello and Headed South still function fine.

This module overwrites the built-in Bridge with a modified one that does not check for Googles signature on the requesting app, essentially letting anyone with knowledge of the bridge api to create an app to use MotionSense. My app which I'm calling OsloBridger (Oslo is the internal name for the MotionSense app) creates a foreground service that works even if the screen is off. I've not noticed any serious battery issues, but time will tell.

If you have issues please post here with the following and I'll do my best to help:
    Device : (Pixel 4, Pixel 4XL)
    Patch Date: (Oct,Nov,etc)
    Are you Rooted with Magisk? : (Yes, No)
    Other Modules Installed: (Systemless Hosts, edXposed, etc.)
    Do you have Tasker installed ? (Yes, No)
    Is "Allow External Access" checked in the Tasker Misc Preferences? (Yes, No)
    When you start the service in OsloBridger what does it say in the Notification? (Reach, Flick Gestures Active)
    Level of Tasker Experience ? (Novice, Experienced)
    Also, please provide the task your trying to run. The steps to do that are Go to Tasks -> Long Press the Task you want to execute -> Click Three Dots in top right -> Export -> Description to Clipboard and paste it here

Update Nov 7, 2019 : I've updated the OsloBridger app to now allow the selection of specific tasks from within the app. No more setting up broadcast receivers in Tasker!

Update Nov 12, 2019: Added 2 new service intent filters to allow the starting and stopping of the Service without needing to use the Toggle intent. Updated the defaults to use what I've found works best (surprise! it's the same settings google uses for the builtin actions)

Advanced Users:
    The app will still send those same broadcasts if you don't select a task in OsloBridger, so no changes for those setup already. I find this way to be more flexible because you can add multiple conditions to the event in Tasker, but I get that Tasker can have a huge learning curve.
    There's a squeeze action that says shortcut. Choose the Tasker shortcut and pick the task you want executed. You might need to assign an icon for the shortcut to work. Not sure
    Ok thank you very much. I just successfully set everything.
    I'll post a guide on "how to for noobs" like me asap
    Ok, I hear you guys. Tasker can have a pretty steep learning curve. I'll see what I can do about that with the next release of OsloBridger
    Amy news on March update? I think something could have changed as a new gesture has been added. Did anyone try It?
    I've tested the new update and it still works for the original gestures. I'll need to update the bridge to use the new gesture.
    Sorry Balino, sometimes I forget not everyone has the same level of experience. I'm sure someone will come out full guide for using this. I'll try to put a quick start guide together whenever I can get some free time.