Magisk, TWRP and Lineage A/B

Search This thread

Xanth0k1d

Sep 25, 2019
Hi all,
I have an Xperia 10 running lineage, everytime it does an A/B upgrade, magisk and twrp will be gone.
If I try to manually update via twrp it kind of screws up the encrypted data partition and causes a bootloop.
I'm currently contemplating on how I should use SmartPack-Kernel Manager to flash twrp before the phone reboots into the new active partition, and then restores magisk with twrp, any comments?
(Unable to try it first because I thought magisk would have been preserved but I guess it didn't so I'm waiting for the next update)
It works, just use the SmartPack-Kernel Manager to flash Magisk and TWRP. Installing Magisk with Magisk Manager won't work because apparently it only patches the current boot image.

Last edited:

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
Hi all,
I have an Xperia 10 running lineage, everytime it does an A/B upgrade, magisk and twrp will be gone.
If I try to manually update via twrp it kind of screws up the encrypted data partition and causes a bootloop.
I'm currently contemplating on how I should use SmartPack-Kernel Manager to flash twrp before the phone reboots into the new active partition, and then restores magisk with twrp, any comments?
(Unable to try it first because I thought magisk would have been preserved but I guess it didn't so I'm waiting for the next update)
Same with me it seems that every time u upgrade lineage os twrp recovery gets replaced by lineage os recovery and magisk gets uninstalled too
It's better to don't upgrade lineage os so it doesn't happen again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    It works, just use the SmartPack-Kernel Manager to flash Magisk and TWRP. Installing Magisk with Magisk Manager won't work because apparently it only patches the current boot image.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone