• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Magisk TWRP Installer] xXx NoLimits [SM-N986B Exynos]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
xXx NoLimits ☆ Magisk TWRP Installer- SM-N986B Exynos ☆

xXx.png

☆ Magisk TWRP Installer ☆

This is originaly a Magisk TWRP Installer made by xXx for OnePlus 8 Pro.

I just took and modified it to get it work on our Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra.

Our Dr.Ketan helped me to fix the TWRP Installer with the path of the recovery partiton.

1. Before using this Installer you must need following!!!!...... else it wont work:

- Root your device like Dr.Ketan mentioned in his Root thread!!! --> [Guide] How to root N20 Ultra (N986B)(N9860)

2. How you can use this TWRP Installer?

- Download the Magisk TWRP Installer from post 2

- Just open Magisk -> Go to Modules -> Press Install from storage -> Choose the TWRP Installer -> Flash and press Reboot :)

Congratulation now you flashed TWRP made by ianmacd

3. How to update the Magisk TWRP Installer?

-Download the latest TWRP from Ian and swap only the .img file inside the .zip and repeat point 2.

Credits

@xXx ; @Dr.Ketan ; @ianmacd

Source from TWRP made by Ian:
https://github.com/ianmacd/twrp_c2s

Telegram Group:
Be my guest at Samsung Galaxy Note 20 / 20 Ultra

Last edited:

nawaf2816

Mar 13, 2007
The backup/restore function doesn't seem to work . Which is expected .. as i haven't got any working nand backup since the time of old devices ..
I wonder if any one got any successful backup either full or partial for some parts .. ?
I'm using a stock rooted ROM with lite magisk module to enable some CSC features .

What I'm looking for is the ability to restore the system (mainly boot portion) to get back the phone booting if any improper installation of a module or app affected the device to boot normally !

Jun 7, 2020
Many function doesnt work in this moment.And recovery have problem with reboot from recovery to system and others problem.

Stock rooted ROM the best for now.

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
The backup/restore function doesn't seem to work . Which is expected .. as i haven't got any working nand backup since the time of old devices ..
I wonder if any one got any successful backup either full or partial for some parts .. ?
I'm using a stock rooted ROM with lite magisk module to enable some CSC features .

What I'm looking for is the ability to restore the system (mainly boot portion) to get back the phone booting if any improper installation of a module or app affected the device to boot normally !

Many function doesnt work in this moment.And recovery have problem with reboot from recovery to system and others problem.

Stock rooted ROM the best for now.

I hope our devs can manage to solve the issues in the twrps.

For flashing roms, kernel, magisk, twrp etc it is working at the moment

Last edited:

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Uploaded new ianmcd a18 TWRP in post #2

If you get bootloop dirty reflash your custom rom -> worked for me :good:

Attachments

• A18.JPG
    A18.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 266
  • A18_2.JPG
    A18_2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Uploaded new ianmcd a19 TWRP in post #2

Just flashed over Magisk without a issue :) :good::good::good::good::good:

Changelog:

Samsung TWRP unofficial build announcements
(Ian Macdonald)

The following alpha 19 releases for devices launched with Android 10 have, in addition to the latest round of TWRP fixes, a couple of new features:

* When using the file manager, it is now possible to open a terminal in the currently selected folder. This currently works only on devices with TWRP in portrait orientation.

* logd now runs in recovery, so adb logcat will now work when the device is booted to TWRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts