Magisk v22.0 app does not patch boot image

Search This thread

gewe

Dec 21, 2008
I have been using Magisk for two years on my device (Moto G5S Plus). Some time ago I did an upgrade of the Magisk Manager app, unfortunately not knowing I should have unhidden it first. From that moment when I started the app, it would immediately stop. Today I finally had the time to dive into the problem. I uninstalled the Magisk app, and from TWRP uninstalled Magisk.

And now I am trying to install Magisk v22.0. I have downloaded and installed the latest Magisk app. When I start it, it shows my device has a boot ramdisk.
I downloaded the stock boot.img to my device, selected Install from the Magisk card, keep options as they are (keep AVB 2.0/dm-verity: off, keep enforced encryption: on).
At the Method step I selected the downloaded boot.img. When I tap "Go" (or whatever it would say with an English UI), nothing happend. I waited several minutes without anything happening.
The UI is responsive. I can go back and do it all over again, with the same result.

Why doesn't the app patch the image?

Is there anything else I can or should do eliminate traces of the old hidden Magisk manager app (besides a full restore, because without Magisk no root, without root no Titanium backup)?

SWF7

Mar 20, 2021
I have been using Magisk for two years on my device (Moto G5S Plus). Some time ago I did an upgrade of the Magisk Manager app, unfortunately not knowing I should have unhidden it first. From that moment when I started the app, it would immediately stop. Today I finally had the time to dive into the problem. I uninstalled the Magisk app, and from TWRP uninstalled Magisk.

And now I am trying to install Magisk v22.0. I have downloaded and installed the latest Magisk app. When I start it, it shows my device has a boot ramdisk.
I downloaded the stock boot.img to my device, selected Install from the Magisk card, keep options as they are (keep AVB 2.0/dm-verity: off, keep enforced encryption: on).
At the Method step I selected the downloaded boot.img. When I tap "Go" (or whatever it would say with an English UI), nothing happend. I waited several minutes without anything happening.
The UI is responsive. I can go back and do it all over again, with the same result.

Is there anything else I can or should do eliminate traces of the old hidden Magisk manager app (besides a full restore, because without Magisk no root, without root no Titanium backup)?
It doesn't necessary to patch boot image. I had same problem.
Just install magisk 22 with TWRP, reboot...open magisk and install it.
You are ready and rooted.

Reactions: gewe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It doesn't necessary to patch boot image. I had same problem.
    Just install magisk 22 with TWRP, reboot...open magisk and install it.
    You are ready and rooted.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone