• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Magisk] VoLTE Fixer

Search This thread

hardplastic

Jul 31, 2020
This is a magisk module that help you fix the VoLTE/VoWiFi problem with unsupported carriers.

I've added all mbn files path from /vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic to mbn_sw.txt, all you need are flashing this module and seeing if it's working for you.

Dial *#*#4636#*#* -> Phone Information -> Tap three dots -> IMS service status, check first two (or three depending on your carrier support VoWiFi or not), if it's Registered and Available, VoLTE/VoWiFi is working on your phone now.

Delete following directories and reboot your device, if you find VoLTE/VoWiFi doesn't work.
/data/vendor/modem_fdr
/data/vendor/radio/*

Thanks VoEnabler for system.prop

Attachments

• voltefixer-signed.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 232
Reactions: onesolo

hardplastic

Jul 31, 2020
What is normally in a /data/vendor/modem_fdr folder? I am trying to use this on another device and it doesn't have that folder.. My device has /data/vendor/modem_config it has all the mcfg_hw, mcfg_sw nd ver_info.txt. Is that the same thing?
If VoLTE is working on your device, just leave it alone. It's unnecessary but only if you find the module no longer working, delete these two folders to reset.
No, configs won't store at /data since factory reset will wipe them all. I'm not sure if it's working on other devices. You need manual editing the module by adding mbn file if your device doesn't contain your carrier's, add the path on mbn_sw.txt and sign the zip

Last edited:

jbm76

If VoLTE is working on your device, just leave it alone. It's unnecessary but only if you find the module no longer working, delete these two folders to reset.
No, configs won't store at /data since factory reset will wipe them all. I'm not sure if it's working on other devices. You need manual editing the module by adding mbn file if your device doesn't contain your carrier's, add the path on mbn_sw.txt and sign the zip

Volte isn't working, that's why I'm here.

I have used efstools to write my mbn to /nv/item_files - but one file keeps on restoring it's self to default -
/nv/item_files/ims/ims_user_agent. My carrier needs the header in this file for volte to work. It worked fine on Android 10 but not 11.

My device doesn't contain the folder /data/vendor/modem_fdr.

When I delete the files in /data/vendor/radio/ they come back when I reboot - so I'm guess that's what it is meant to do.

hardplastic

Jul 31, 2020
Volte isn't working, that's why I'm here.

I have used efstools to write my mbn to /nv/item_files - but one file keeps on restoring it's self to default -
/nv/item_files/ims/ims_user_agent. My carrier needs the header in this file for volte to work. It worked fine on Android 10 but not 11.

My device doesn't contain the folder /data/vendor/modem_fdr.

When I delete the files in /data/vendor/radio/ they come back when I reboot - so I'm guess that's what it is meant to do.
Sounds like not good.
I haven't found the path on my phone, are you using Pixel 3/XL? It's not strict for my carrier to detect header, this device has preinstalled lots of mbn files from various carriers, which also contains my carrier, so all I need is to add the path to make it work. And that's how the module working.
Can you find your carrier from /vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic?

jbm76

Sounds like not good.
I haven't found the path on my phone, are you using Pixel 3/XL? It's not strict for my carrier to detect header, this device has preinstalled lots of mbn files from various carriers, which also contains my carrier, so all I need is to add the path to make it work. And that's how the module working.
Can you find your carrier from /vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic?
My phone is a Xiaomi Poco F2,
Yep I can find the path, my carrier is Telstra.
The path is slightly different on this device,

It's /vendor/rfs/mdm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic so I modified the module to that. But still the header reverts.

The actual mbn file does have the correct header in, but ims_user_agent reverts in the /nv/item_files/ims/ - where does it revert it from?

Last edited:

hardplastic

Jul 31, 2020
My phone is a Xiaomi Poco F2,
Yep I can find the path, my carrier is Telstra.
The path is slightly different on this device,

It's /vendor/rfs/mdm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic so I modified the module to that. But still the header reverts.

The actual mbn file does have the correct header in, but ims_user_agent reverts in the /nv/item_files/ims/ - where does it revert it from?
Sorry, I haven't used any Xiaomi devices nor MIUI. I guess I can't help you handle this issue. MIUI is completely different from AOSP, which has many deeply modification. Go ask some experts who knows to fix that. Good luck.

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Can anyone tell me if this works with any Portuguese carrier?? if not, @hardplastic can you add support for the 3 portuguese carriers?!

I saw the mbn_sw.txt but think that only Vodafone Portugal it's there, it misses two more carriers, NOS and MEO

hardplastic

Jul 31, 2020
Can anyone tell me if this works with any Portuguese carrier?? if not, @hardplastic can you add support for the 3 portuguese carriers?!

I saw the mbn_sw.txt but think that only Vodafone Portugal it's there, it misses two more carriers, NOS and MEO
It seems like there's no configuration files for carriers you said above. So it won't work. I would like to update if you can provide them(*.mbn)

Reactions: onesolo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It seems like there's no configuration files for carriers you said above. So it won't work. I would like to update if you can provide them(*.mbn)
    This is a magisk module that help you fix the VoLTE/VoWiFi problem with unsupported carriers.

I've added all mbn files path from /vendor/rfs/msm/mpss/readonly/vendor/mbn/mcfg_sw/generic to mbn_sw.txt, all you need are flashing this module and seeing if it's working for you.

Dial *#*#4636#*#* -> Phone Information -> Tap three dots -> IMS service status, check first two (or three depending on your carrier support VoWiFi or not), if it's Registered and Available, VoLTE/VoWiFi is working on your phone now.

Delete following directories and reboot your device, if you find VoLTE/VoWiFi doesn't work.
    /data/vendor/modem_fdr
    /data/vendor/radio/*

Thanks VoEnabler for system.prop