• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Magisk will not root

Search This thread

josephgrab

May 19, 2019
Killeen, TX
I was able to follow instructions to patch the AP file with magisk. I saved it to my SD card, removed the SD card and put it on my computer and flashed it with Odin. I now have the unlocked Bootloader warning and the not Factory firmware warning. I cannot get Magisk to give me root access. When I Boot to recovery with volume up, Bixby, and Power, if nothing is plugged into the USB C port it will not go into recovery at all. If I press all three of those keys almost any length of time with the computer plugged into the USB C Port, it will go into Factory recovery. It will never boot with magisk giving root access so I can further install Magisk and Root Checker always shows not rooted. I even tried plugging in the USB C while holding the buttons, and even unplugging it while holding in the buttons.

blablakeks

Jul 28, 2013
Push.
I have the same problem. Flashed Android 11 with patched magisk AP but it seems like it does not start into the revcovery 'mode' (only factory recovery when plugged to the pc). Worked before with Android 9.

s3korn

Sep 15, 2016
Ostwestfalen
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Connect the phone by computer and use ADB command reboot recovery...

With g9700 you can not simply reboot the phone, you always will lost root! You have always to turn off the phone by power button and then turn it on.

blablakeks

Jul 28, 2013
Thanks for your reply. However, if I do this, I only get into the recovery menu.
I cannot find any option to boot into recovery "mode" (where magisk is available).
The model is G970F if it makes any differences.

Hi, i had the same problem. I tried the flashing process again and again with Odin v3.14 from the beginning (patched AP only! No other files used) and finally it worked! First, after flashing hold the [power button + vol. down] for 7 seconds and when the display turns off because of the restart then immediately hold [power + bixby + vol up] until you pass all warnings and finally you will see the recovery.

Last edited: