Magisk with android 9

Search This thread

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Definitely could have been my version of fastboot as it worked after I updated to the most recent version. Seems strange though that there was no issue reported after the initial flash. Never was able to boot to P until I did that.

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Why did you flash to both slots? Not sure I understand. Maybe for some reason the flash on my phone was flawed somehow even though reported successful.

I always flash to both slots just to avoid any unforeseen errors. If you've ever watched the read out during a fastboot update, not all the system files flash to both slots, which is why I do it. It's probably overkill, but it works for me :good:

Reactions: rickysidhu_

_Crypto_

May 19, 2018
I always flash to both slots just to avoid any unforeseen errors. If you've ever watched the read out during a fastboot update, not all the system files flash to both slots, which is why I do it. It's probably overkill, but it works for me :good:

It's possible the question was "how did you flash both slots?" as most people use the flash-all scripts which does not seem to have an option to flash slots and just runs without an issue although mine complained of missing images, yet boots normally, but does not root.

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
It's possible the question was "how did you flash both slots?" as most people use the flash-all scripts which does not seem to have an option to flash slots and just runs without an issue although mine complained of missing images, yet boots normally, but does not root.

I manually switch the slots in fastboot mode with......fastboot --set-active=a(or b).....depending on what your current slot is :good:

Reactions: bkdodger

bkdodger

Jan 30, 2011
I've finally joined Pie... I figured let me get a taste for when DU is ready... running smoothly with root.. though I can't do this gesture nav... as I was discussing on another forum it's just not polished.. Let's get with it Google..

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa

Top Liked Posts