• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Magisk] Working Magisk Modules for OOS Android 11

Search This thread

barisgg

Jan 19, 2017
Can you provide a link?

I honestly have been trying to recreate the module showing up as installed in edxposed manager for the past day and can't recreate whatever I did, however it seems like although it's not showing as active it's still working. Download riru core, edxposed manager, and then download the canary build in the edxposed manager app. It doesn't say that edxposed is installed but some of the features work. Sandhook seems to work better but like I said I really don't know I'm just tinkering.

If anyone can tell me how to get it activated again I'm all ears!

Edit: Immediately after posting this I got it to show that it's active lol I can't really tell you how or what made that happen... just play around with stuff, it's trial and error. You can always reflash with MSM if you really screw up, if a Magisk module is giving you trouble hold down both the volume buttons while booting to boot into safe mode, restart and it should deactivate whatever module and you can delete it

Last edited:

barisgg

Jan 19, 2017
can you tell me exactly what riru you installed and all the EXACT components? because I tried this a few days ago and ended up bricking my phone.

also is the standard July 3rd Riru core on the magic repo ok? or is there a canary riru core that I need to download?

I think I finally figured it out. https://ibb.co/PFsYnMD

1. Install Riru core v21.3 from Magisk (I'm on the latest Magisk canary version), reboot
2. Download Edxposed v0.5.0.6-android_r, Yahfa reboot
3. click on the Edxposed manager app, complete the set up
4. Should say active, go to modules and enable the manager module
5. do cool stuff cause you're smart

If you're not rooted or the patched boot images aren't working for you

1. Download Magisk Canary manager, it's called app-debug.apk you can find in on a telegram channel
2. Google payload dumper and follow the android instructions to extract the boot image
3. Click Magisk install, click select and patch file and let's go
4. extract the zip it creates in your downloads folder onto your fastboot directory on your pc
4. boot into fastboot mode, run fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and reboot

You should be rooted, and should be able to root whatever future release as long as Magisk keeps working! If you get stuck in a bootloop, boot into stock recovery and do a wipe and try again, you will have to root again but its a lot faster than flashing everything again.

Last edited:

Burt Squirtz

Feb 11, 2018
I think I finally figured it out. https://ibb.co/PFsYnMD

1. Install Riru core v21.3 from Magisk (I'm on the latest Magisk canary version), reboot
2. Download Edxposed v0.5.0.6-android_r, Yahfa reboot
3. click on the Edxposed manager app, complete the set up
4. Should say active, go to modules and enable the manager module
5. do cool stuff cause you're smart

If you're not rooted or the patched boot images aren't working for you

1. Download Magisk Canary manager, it's called app-debug.apk you can find in on a telegram channel
2. Google payload dumper and follow the android instructions to extract the boot image
3. Click Magisk install, click select and patch file and let's go
4. extract the zip it creates in your downloads folder onto your fastboot directory on your pc
4. boot into fastboot mode, run fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img and reboot

You should be rooted, and should be able to root whatever future release as long as Magisk keeps working! If you get stuck in a bootloop, boot into stock recovery and do a wipe and try again, you will have to root again but its a lot faster than flashing everything again.

I was able to successfully get EDxposed working on Android 11. using 5.06 Canary YAHFA.

however...... my god is it totally not worth it. it worked very well until I rebooted a few cycles. I started getting boot loops. it would take like five or six hard resets to get back into the operating system. scared The living daylights out of me. with no TWRP to go in and delete magisk modules that may cause problems, this is actually terrifying me. I deleted exposed because of this. until this sh1t is a little bit more stable.

jimithing83

Aug 12, 2014
Regarding Viper4Android i just managed to get it working on OB2, and I've tried A LOT (on OB1 for the most part).
I've tried several installs and reboots. Lost my sim cards, unstable boot with mye phone not accepting my lock pattern and more.. I've searced the web for AML until I realized it was a module online in Magisk.
The trigger for me was the AML module. I installed it, then Viper - Did not work. After removing AML and rebooting - Voila!
I don't completely trust my system atm, but Viper is up running and it's damn nice to be back!

Gordietm

Sep 11, 2012
Toronto
Google Pixel 5
Regarding Viper4Android i just managed to get it working on OB2, and I've tried A LOT (on OB1 for the most part).
I've tried several installs and reboots. Lost my sim cards, unstable boot with mye phone not accepting my lock pattern and more.. I've searced the web for AML until I realized it was a module online in Magisk.
The trigger for me was the AML module. I installed it, then Viper - Did not work. After removing AML and rebooting - Voila!
I don't completely trust my system atm, but Viper is up running and it's damn nice to be back!
Working for me also. And no, you can't use AMK with it. One problem that I've found is that you can't load your presets, kernel or DDC dies. They don't show up in Android/Data, like they did in Android 10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, here is the link to the magisk module cyberpunk bootanimation. Ours for 8 pro version would be the second zip which points to system/product/media.
    For anyone running OOS 11 on OnePlus 8/8pro can you please post what (Canary) Magisk Modules are working for you, this will help others too.?

Thanks. I'll update OP post as we progress..Happy Modding ??

Reported Working so far in Alphabetical Order :

Ainur Narsil
    AML
    App Systemizer
    Busybox
    Center Clock MOD (credits to @dladz) MOD Link : https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...d-center-clock-magisk-module-android-t4177141
    Debloater (Terminal Emulator)
    Energized Protection
    Font Manager
    Fullscreen Gestures
    GMS Doze
    Google Dialer Framework
    James DSP
    Lucky Patcher Module
    MagiskHide Props Config
    OOS Native Call Recording
    Product Sans Font
    Riru & Riru edxposed
    Systemless Hosts
    Viper4Android

Not Working :

Quickswitch
    I'm using:
    Seamless hosts, MagiskHide Props Config &
    Fullscreen Gestures. I cannot get Viper4Android or QuickSwitch to work.
    Lucky patcher module, Riru and riru-edxposed are working.
    @Marcyvee Lucky Patcher (LP) is not only considered to be warez, it's clearly warez! However, I accept your post as you only mention LP.
    But please on this private platform never seek for or try to provide guidance or help in case of issues with warez, never discuss or propagate its use, never describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used.

XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
    6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.
    Working:
    Busybox
    Debloater (Terminal emulator)
    OOS Native Call recording enabler [Nor sure if this is in the repo though]

Not working:
    App Systemizer (Terminal emulator) [seems to have issues loading installed apps]