• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[MAGISK] Xposed for Pixel/XL

Search This thread

Akomack

Aug 30, 2010
I would but it's a pain in the butt to install magisk and I would want the su hide and it seems like a lot of work to get it working

1. Reboot to recovery
2. Flash Magisk Uninstaller Zip
3. Reboot recovery
4. Flash SuperSU
5. Boot, install xposed installer
6. Install through xposed app
7. Profit

I'll be switching back to Magisk when it updates, but for now it's SuperSU for me.

jack_slapped

Jan 6, 2009
Oh yeah sorry. On 7.1.2 with Xposed 14.3 but won't flash n recovery and it isn't working with the Xposed installer. Keep getting failed to mount system.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I think a few people earlier in the thread said it was only working with SuperSU

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

With magisk 14.3*

Reactions: MArtyChubbs

MArtyChubbs

Oh yeah sorry. On 7.1.2 with Xposed 14.3 but won't flash n recovery and it isn't working with the Xposed installer. Keep getting failed to mount system.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

I think a few people earlier in the thread said it was only working with SuperSU

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

With magisk 14.3*

I totally see your point regarding Magisk... I wasted time trying to figure out that it's not needed.

Yes, you need SuperSU which kept breaking MAgisk, so it may be a deal breaker for you. I am not a "magisk man" shot out to heart ('76)!

If you do scrap Magisk and do SuperSU, install DVDandroid's version, then install the Official version from the installer. Make sure it has been granted SU access or nothing will happen. Good luck.

Greenify does not recognize that the module is installed. anyone else having that issue? Amplify works and so does GB for N if anyone cares.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I modified topjohnwu's installer and have functioning Xposed v88. Since sharing is caring, I've attached the zip.
Check the Xposed forum for info on modules that work!

So, did you install with Magisk? I was unable to do so. What were your steps? Thank you!

Followed the advice in this thread and used SuperSU and DVDandroid's Xposed installer. Wondering if that was needed...

kingjah23

Nov 22, 2015
Is anyone able to still install magisk modules? If I install through the repo it says successful but upon reboot it is not in the module menu or app drawer. If I install through twrp I receive error 1.

oneslow5oh

Dec 31, 2010
Nor Cal
I can't seem to uninstall Xposed through the official Xposed. On stock rom 7.1.2 magisk 14.2. Keep getting this error

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171028-193320.png
    Screenshot_20171028-193320.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 396

jack_slapped

Jan 6, 2009
Has anyone tried gravity box yet? I've tried it using pixel dust 7.1.2 with magisk 14.3 and xposed 88.2, and after tweaking the battery bar settings it freezes after screen lock, even tho the battery bar is shown and working. I Can change colors and everything, but once I turn the screen off the phone freezes and boot loops. I then have to do a clean install.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I modified topjohnwu's installer and have functioning Xposed v88. Since sharing is caring, I've attached the zip.

Work for Android 8.0??
    So I guess the verdict is that this doesn't work with magisk On android 7.1? It's just weird that the thread title has magisk in it

With magisk 14.3*
    So is there any xposed version that works on 8.0?