[Magisk]Youtube Vanced [Official]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
[MAGISK]YouTube Vanced [BLACK/DARK/WHITE THEME]
This is the official magisk module for YouTube Vanced, more details can be found HERE
The module can also be found on the magisk repo (Usually not updated due to reasons)
Anyhow the download links can be found in the post below
A run down of the features:
What's in:
  • Completely redid video ad blocking. (This is a much better, faster and simpler)
  • Background Playback enabled (This is also a simplified mod)
  • Enable/Disable background playback via Settings
  • Force VP9 Codec option for better video quality and lesser bandwidth usage (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
  • Override Max Resolution Limit (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
  • Set Preferred Video Quality (for WiFi and/or Data) (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
  • Enable/Disable Info Cards on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
  • Enable/Disable Suggestions Cards on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
  • Enable/Disable channel branding watermark on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
  • Enabled "pinch to zoom" for all devices
  • Casting working with all features (no ads on external devices not guaranteed)
  • File names + installer adjusted to the new "vanced" mod naming
  • [Optional]Detach YouTube from playstore for magisk users
  • White/Black Themed versions

What's Fixed:

• Blocked all video ads
  • Blocked all layout ads
  • Redid Background playback
  • Fixed "Save Offline" feature (only works in regions where it is supported, more info #2999)
  • Fixed all known issues in themed version

If you have youtube already pre installed to system remove it completely or at the least uninstall updates.
Make sure to always use the latest version of magisk to guarantee compatibility with your device.

Thanks to the following people for making this project possible:
@Razerman for finding out the methods
@laura almeida for themeing and doing test builds
@ZaneZam producing and a bit of ad-nuking and doing the main releases

Telegram channel link (new releases announced here)
Telegram Group (Unofficial)
Discord
Xda main thread

XDA:DevDB Information
Vanced for Magisk, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
KevinX8, laura almeida, Razerman, @ZaneZam

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 13.32.52

Created 2017-11-29
Last Updated 2018-08-19

Last edited:

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
Anyone looking for the detach script can find it on the front page of the site linked above. To use it download installer zip and detach only plz make sure they are both in /sdcard/download and flash it in either magisk or TWRP

Last edited:

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thank you so much for continuing this module for magisk.

I immediately downloaded it and installed it thru magisk but the YouTube app seems untouched.
I'm on the latest for me available YouTube build (12.45.56) , also the installation thru magisk 14.0 was successful.
Before installing the zip thru magisk I deactivated the YouTube app, that right? With the previous zip from the discontinued magisk module everything went fine, but now it seems there was no effect at all.

Does someone have an idea?

(OOS 4.5.14) - ARM64

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Awesomesauce! New shiny thread looking all fancy. Dedicating a thread to a module that is now in official rep makes perfect sense, of course. One little thing: ZZ's profile isn't properly linked under contributors. Any reason why "Automatically parse links in text" was turned off?

Reactions: ZaneZam

laura almeida

Jun 30, 2013
Toronto
Thank you so much for continuing this module for magisk.

I immediately downloaded it and installed it thru magisk but the YouTube app seems untouched.
I'm on the latest for me available YouTube build (12.45.56) , also the installation thru magisk 14.0 was successful.
Before installing the zip thru magisk I deactivated the YouTube app, that right? With the previous zip from the discontinued magisk module everything went fine, but now it seems there was no effect at all.

Does someone have an idea?

(OOS 4.5.14) - ARM64
There is a bug in Magisk Manager that sometimes it doesn't properly flash.
Try the following
Disabled YouTube
Install via TWRP
Reboot
Enable YouTube

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Awesomesauce! New shiny thread looking all fancy. Dedicating a thread to a module that is now in official rep makes perfect sense, of course. One little thing: ZZ's profile isn't properly linked under contributors. Any reason why "Automatically parse links in text" was turned off?
The contributors to the project are those who have helped to create the project. The Primary Author, Contributor 1 and 2 will also be able to edit the project, including managing Downloads. They must match up to an XDA Username. The Additional Contributors field is meant to give credit to other parties and is a plaintext field and does not confer any project administration rights.

KevinX8

Mar 12, 2013
Try the following
Disabled YouTube
Install via TWRP
Reboot
Enable YouTube

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

The contributors to the project are those who have helped to create the project. The Primary Author, Contributor 1 and 2 will also be able to edit the project, including managing Downloads. They must match up to an XDA Username. The Additional Contributors field is meant to give credit to other parties and is a plaintext field and does not confer any project administration rights.
I couldn't decide who to leave as a contributor with no power so uh since he has the root thread I thought it was only fair :p

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

ZaneZam

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 6, 2010

Try the following
Disabled YouTube
Install via TWRP
Reboot
Enable YouTube

I couldn't decide who to leave as a contributor with no power so uh since he has the root thread I thought it was only fair :p

thanks kev! i have nothing to do with this here and im officially distancing myself from it! :D
yah nice, new, shiny. thx to my team mates! keep the good spirit alive and enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: J_M_V_S

super-drone

Jan 31, 2016
Perfect I just uninstalled all previous modules on magisk manager then flashed latest version via TWRP and everything works superb.

Just one final doubt. Does it block updates or will it update to the "official" YouTube app when there's an update?
it will update if you doesn't uncheck automatic updates for youtube app on play store

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using XDA Labs

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7 Pro
@laura almeida

Is this a typo or why does magisk show 12.45.65?

I flashed and reflashed, cleared cache and dalvik, rebooted... Nothing seems to work for me here..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171129-170537_01.png
    Screenshot_20171129-170537_01.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,885

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 7 Pro
Screenshot

(not super important, but is the Screenshot visible? I can't see it with the app..) sorry for so many posts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171129-171338_01.jpg
    Screenshot_20171129-171338_01.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,858
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MAGISK]YouTube Vanced [BLACK/DARK/WHITE THEME]
    This is the official magisk module for YouTube Vanced, more details can be found HERE
    The module can also be found on the magisk repo (Usually not updated due to reasons)
    Anyhow the download links can be found in the post below
    A run down of the features:
    What's in:
    • Completely redid video ad blocking. (This is a much better, faster and simpler)
    • Background Playback enabled (This is also a simplified mod)
    • Enable/Disable background playback via Settings
    • Force VP9 Codec option for better video quality and lesser bandwidth usage (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Override Max Resolution Limit (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Set Preferred Video Quality (for WiFi and/or Data) (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable Info Cards on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable Suggestions Cards on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable channel branding watermark on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enabled "pinch to zoom" for all devices
    • Casting working with all features (no ads on external devices not guaranteed)
    • File names + installer adjusted to the new "vanced" mod naming
    • [Optional]Detach YouTube from playstore for magisk users
    • White/Black Themed versions

What's Fixed:

• Blocked all video ads
    • Blocked all layout ads
    • Redid Background playback
    • Fixed "Save Offline" feature (only works in regions where it is supported, more info #2999)
    • Fixed all known issues in themed version

If you have youtube already pre installed to system remove it completely or at the least uninstall updates.
    Make sure to always use the latest version of magisk to guarantee compatibility with your device.

Thanks to the following people for making this project possible:
    @Razerman for finding out the methods
    @laura almeida for themeing and doing test builds
    @ZaneZam producing and a bit of ad-nuking and doing the main releases

Telegram channel link (new releases announced here)
    Telegram Group (Unofficial)
    Discord
    Xda main thread

XDA:DevDB Information
    Vanced for Magisk, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    KevinX8, laura almeida, Razerman, @ZaneZam

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 13.32.52

Created 2017-11-29
    Last Updated 2018-08-19
    All downloads can now be found in the magisk manager app.
    Sad to announce this but YouTube has reached a stage where it seems impossible to create a magisk module out of the root apk so it's with great sadness that we must discontinue the magisk module as it serves no purpose anymore, for instructions on how to install the updated root version you can find them on the Vanced website Vanced.app, A mod can close this thread if they wish but we are going to discontinue the magisk module unless someone figures out a way of keeping it going :(
    Update 13.50.52 Build 01.28.30

Hi Guys,

quickly to let u know

Changelog:

• logo change (adjustments to the new one)
    • home screen ads removed (switchable, default off)
    • preferred speed fix
    • casting logo removal fix
    • 13.50.52 auto repeat fix
    • update screen removal (hopefully)
      credits and thx to @ninestarkoko for the very useful infos:
      https://xdaforums.com/sho...postcount=7363
    vanced.app, mirrors and magisk repo updated!

Have fun with this lil pre-christmas gift.
    Modules updated to 13.07.55, Switched name to YouTube Vanced.