[Magisk]Youtube Vanced [Official]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Wixcee

Nov 1, 2013
Thanks for the answers. They could update their thread by mesdage that they are working on it or something like that. That way maybe people would ask less.. :D still, they did really good job, and for free!

absoluthamm

Jun 22, 2009
Just did a factory reset of my Pixel 2XL and am reinstalling all of my mods, got to reinstalling Youtube Vanced and whenever I try to open it, I just get a force close and the popup of "Youtube Keeps Stopping". The initial screen with the icon in the middle shows up, then it closes. Any tips?

I have tried uninstalling through Magisk twice now and the same thing is happening. I have obviously uninstalled the prior, official version of Youtube, so that's not causing anything. I have tried clearing storage and cache, nothing. The only other modules I have installed so far are V4A, substratum, systemless hosts for Adaway and Audio Mod Library(all of which I had before too without any issues).

Last edited:

vegh_mark97

Oct 7, 2012
Budapest
Here's a crazy idea: remove the Vanced module, reboot, install official YouTube (that's right, from Play Store), then flash Vanced module again and reboot again. What does that do?

Wrapped with delicious Fajita [emoji896]

When I flashed Youtube Vanced through Magisk while having the official app, it literally did nothing.
(It did no [noticable?] modifications to the official app, nor installed the modded one.)
But the idea is great ?

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
When I flashed Youtube Vanced through Magisk while having the official app, it literally did nothing.

(It did no [noticable?] modifications to the official app, nor installed the modded one.)

But the idea is great [emoji57]
Ah well, worth a shot. It worked for others before, can't work for anyone I guess. That's strange though as it should've made changes. Perhaps disabling it first (if it's a system app) is needed as it then downgrades first. Try the root method now?

Reactions: absoluthamm

ms.journie

Jan 2, 2013
But the idea is great ?

I had the same issue until..... I went into Google Play store, searched YouTube and then clicked uninstall. Apparently I must've updated YouTube. One that was one I went to check if YouTube vanced was installed and there it was! Try that and see if this helps

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
Can someone help please? I have vanced installed but it is not showing in the app drawer. I can't disable the auto updates feature in the app store either as the option is not there? If I install the youtube app from the playstore the app just uninstalls itself very shortly after being installed... So strange. Any help is appreciated!

absoluthamm

Jun 22, 2009

Code:
ECatcher disabled: level: ERROR, category: initialization, message: Failed to obtain process fork time using RecentTaskInfo
java.lang.NoSuchFieldException: No field firstActiveTime in class Landroid/app/ActivityManager$RecentTaskInfo; (declaration of 'android.app.ActivityManager$RecentTaskInfo' appears in /system/framework/framework.jar)
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Native Method)
	at ege.b(SourceFile:12)
	at dqh.run(SourceFile:313)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:462)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:301)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at xae.run(SourceFile:12)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:919)

ClassLoaderContext type mismatch. expected=PCL, found=DLC (PCL[] | DLC[];PCL[/system/app/YouTube/Youtube.apk*3783256143:/system/app/YouTube/Youtube.apk!classes2.dex*506928344:/system/app/YouTube/Youtube.apk!classes3.dex*3930747984:/system/app/YouTube/Youtube.apk!classes4.dex*1771814163]{PCL[/system/framework/android.hidl.manager-V1.0-java.jar*1684516937]{PCL[/system/framework/android.hidl.base-V1.0-java.jar*604948433]}#PCL[/system/framework/android.hidl.base-V1.0-java.jar*604948433]#PCL[/system/framework/org.apache.http.legacy.jar*1038351580]})

Found duplicated class when checking oat files: 'La;' in /system/app/YouTube/Youtube.apk and /data/user_de/0/com.google.android.gms/app_chimera/m/0000001a/dl-AdsFdrDynamite.integ_21207000000.apk

FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.google.android.youtube, PID: 15453
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.apps.youtube.app.WatchWhileActivity}: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #10 in com.google.android.youtube:layout/youtube_controls_overlay: Binary XML file line #10 in com.google.android.youtube:layout/youtube_controls_overlay: Error inflating class android.widget.TextView
	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3270)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3409)
	at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:83)
	at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
	at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2016)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7356)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:492)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:930)
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #10 in com.google.android.youtube:layout/youtube_controls_overlay: Binary XML file line #10 in com.google.android.youtube:layout/youtube_controls_overlay: Error inflating class android.widget.TextView
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #10 in com.google.android.youtube:layout/youtube_controls_overlay: Error inflating class android.widget.TextView
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:343)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:854)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:776)
	at com.android.internal.policy.PhoneLayoutInflater.onCreateView(PhoneLayoutInflater.java:58)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.onCreateView(LayoutInflater.java:930)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.onCreateView(LayoutInflater.java:950)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:1004)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:961)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:1123)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflateChildren(LayoutInflater.java:1084)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:1126)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflateChildren(LayoutInflater.java:1084)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:682)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:534)
	at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:481)
	at ifl.<init>(SourceFile:17)
	at dlu.aI(SourceFile:1907)
	at dlu.oY(SourceFile:8307)
	at dlu.gG(SourceFile:8334)
	at dlu.a(SourceFile:10936)
	at lyl.l(SourceFile:398)
	at dvg.onCreate(SourceFile:6)
	at mkn.onCreate(SourceFile:3)
	at lyl.onCreate(SourceFile:14)
	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7825)
	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7814)
	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1306)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3245)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3409)
	at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:83)
	at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
	at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2016)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)

Here's a crazy idea: remove the Vanced module, reboot, install official YouTube (that's right, from Play Store), then flash Vanced module again and reboot again. What does that do?
I have already tried that, even with multiple different ways of uninstalling updates and when to install Vanced. Did not work for me though

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Code:
Found [B]duplicated[/B] class when checking oat files: 'La;' in /system/app/YouTube/Youtube.apk and /data/user_de/0/com.google.android.gms/app_chimera/m/0000001a/dl-AdsFdrDynamite.integ_21207000000.apk
I am assuming you are running the root version.

Do you have have any OAT directories/files under /system/app/YouTube? I do not think you should for VancedYT. And this "app_chimera" is also suspicious.

Have you tried wiping your dalvik-cache?

nmo_O

Dec 10, 2009
This question is somewhat connected to this thread, but also a general query. I'm not sure when Google changed this, but the tick box to stop automatic updates on an app in Google Play is no longer what it used to be. Now it's the opposite.. the tick box is there to activate (not disable) automatic updates.

How do people work around forcing automatic updates to stop on a single app and not on their entire app library?

absoluthamm

Jun 22, 2009
I am assuming you are running the root version.

Do you have have any OAT directories/files under /system/app/YouTube? I do not think you should for VancedYT. And this "app_chimera" is also suspicious.

Have you tried wiping your dalvik-cache?

Figured out what it was, it was a substratum theme that was causing the crashes. The odd thing is that I had the same theme installed before wiping and it wasn't causing any issues. Either way, I disabled the theme for Youtube and it started working :D. Thanks for looking through for me!

urbex

Mar 22, 2008
I too had issues with Vanced via Magisk, on both my current Pixel 3a running official Android 10 OTA (as I need dual SIM support on this phone), and my Moto Z2 Force running LOS16. In both cases, installing the Magisk module appeared to do absolutely nothing at all, regardless of the several different ways I tried doing it suggested here, and I ended up just installing the APK version on both without issue.

bob8490

Jan 15, 2020
Just an FYI for posterity: I had the same issue on my Pixel 3a running Android 10 (QQ1A.200105.002) rooted with Magisk. After installing "YouTube Vanced black themed - Magisk Repo", it would work for a few minutes, but then very quickly would stop. Opening it would result in an immediate crash, with the message "YouTube keeps closing".
I tried reinstalling, rebooting, disabling the official YouTube app, uninstalling the official YouTube app, all kinds of stuff. I either ended up with the same thing OR nothing at all (magisk says Vance installed, but the YouTube app is still stock.)
Eventually I installed "YouTube Vanced - Magisk Repo" (NOTE THE LACK OF "black themed" IN THE TITLE) from Magisk instead.. and it's been working fine.
The only difference seems to be that the "black themed" version is true black for OLED screens. Well.. and that it doesn't work.

kakabobo

Oct 7, 2005
how to remove the orginal youtube preinstalled on pixel 3 ?
unable to delete from /system/product/apps folders

haaffizzzz

Feb 23, 2019
Singapore
Is there a fix to Youtube Vanced not syncing/ being able to log into google accounts ? I'm on Pocophone F1 Android 10, Magisk 20.3
UPDATE: Fixed I just had to reinstall the module lmao

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
sorry for that kind of question but i need to know
magisk is similar to xposed framework?
if not can i have both magisk and xposed framework installed?
i have already installed xposed framework
thanks in advance

Timmmmaaahh!

Sr. Mod / Mod Cmte / Recognized Xmas Avatar Themer
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
From From eh... Belgium!
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
sorry for that kind of question but i need to know

magisk is similar to xposed framework?

if not can i have both magisk and xposed framework installed?

i have already installed xposed framework

thanks in advance
I don't see how Xposed is relevant here..

In a way they are quite similar, yes. The most important difference to most users is that Xposed trips Big G's SafetyNet while Magisk knows how to stay hidden. Magisk does not alter system files as it redirects system changes elsewhere via the boot image. Of course, the bigger story is much more complex but I think that's what's most important to know.
Yes, they can exist simultaneously on the same system. In fact, Xposed can be a module of Magisk. I believe Xposed has been discontinued and a new fork, EdXposed, is now the new standard. It's been ages since I used anything related to Xposed as I find more than enough satisfaction with Magisk modules.

If you already installed Xposed, what root solution did you use to achieve that? Magisk?

Mind that this isn't the place to discuss the differences at great length so I would advise doing some research on your own, keeping the above in mind.

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
I don't see how Xposed is relevant here..

In a way they are quite similar, yes. The most important difference to most users is that Xposed trips Big G's SafetyNet while Magisk knows how to stay hidden. Magisk does not alter system files as it redirects system changes elsewhere via the boot image. Of course, the bigger story is much more complex but I think that's what's most important to know.
Yes, they can exist simultaneously on the same system. In fact, Xposed can be a module of Magisk. I believe Xposed has been discontinued and a new fork, EdXposed, is now the new standard. It's been ages since I used anything related to Xposed as I find more than enough satisfaction with Magisk modules.

If you already installed Xposed, what root solution did you use to achieve that? Magisk?

Mind that this isn't the place to discuss the differences at great length so I would advise doing some research on your own, keeping the above in mind.

i know it is irrelevant to discuss that here
no i didn't use magisk for root
unfortunately i didn't catch you, i already took the answer i needed
thanks by the way for the info

note: the mods can remove my post above if they want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MAGISK]YouTube Vanced [BLACK/DARK/WHITE THEME]
    This is the official magisk module for YouTube Vanced, more details can be found HERE
    The module can also be found on the magisk repo (Usually not updated due to reasons)
    Anyhow the download links can be found in the post below
    A run down of the features:
    What's in:
    • Completely redid video ad blocking. (This is a much better, faster and simpler)
    • Background Playback enabled (This is also a simplified mod)
    • Enable/Disable background playback via Settings
    • Force VP9 Codec option for better video quality and lesser bandwidth usage (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Override Max Resolution Limit (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Set Preferred Video Quality (for WiFi and/or Data) (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable Info Cards on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable Suggestions Cards on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enable/Disable channel branding watermark on videos (Settings -> Vanced Settings)
    • Enabled "pinch to zoom" for all devices
    • Casting working with all features (no ads on external devices not guaranteed)
    • File names + installer adjusted to the new "vanced" mod naming
    • [Optional]Detach YouTube from playstore for magisk users
    • White/Black Themed versions

What's Fixed:

• Blocked all video ads
    • Blocked all layout ads
    • Redid Background playback
    • Fixed "Save Offline" feature (only works in regions where it is supported, more info #2999)
    • Fixed all known issues in themed version

If you have youtube already pre installed to system remove it completely or at the least uninstall updates.
    Make sure to always use the latest version of magisk to guarantee compatibility with your device.

Thanks to the following people for making this project possible:
    @Razerman for finding out the methods
    @laura almeida for themeing and doing test builds
    @ZaneZam producing and a bit of ad-nuking and doing the main releases

Telegram channel link (new releases announced here)
    Telegram Group (Unofficial)
    Discord
    Xda main thread

XDA:DevDB Information
    Vanced for Magisk, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    KevinX8, laura almeida, Razerman, @ZaneZam

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 13.32.52

Created 2017-11-29
    Last Updated 2018-08-19
    All downloads can now be found in the magisk manager app.
    Sad to announce this but YouTube has reached a stage where it seems impossible to create a magisk module out of the root apk so it's with great sadness that we must discontinue the magisk module as it serves no purpose anymore, for instructions on how to install the updated root version you can find them on the Vanced website Vanced.app, A mod can close this thread if they wish but we are going to discontinue the magisk module unless someone figures out a way of keeping it going :(
    Update 13.50.52 Build 01.28.30

Hi Guys,

quickly to let u know

Changelog:

• logo change (adjustments to the new one)
    • home screen ads removed (switchable, default off)
    • preferred speed fix
    • casting logo removal fix
    • 13.50.52 auto repeat fix
    • update screen removal (hopefully)
      credits and thx to @ninestarkoko for the very useful infos:
      https://xdaforums.com/sho...postcount=7363
    vanced.app, mirrors and magisk repo updated!

Have fun with this lil pre-christmas gift.
    Modules updated to 13.07.55, Switched name to YouTube Vanced.