• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Magisk20+][OOS9,10][CustomROM]Fingerprint Swipe Gestures(Back,Home,Recents,Sleep)

Which you prefer?

• Swipe UP for RECENTS

Votes: 67 69.8%
  • Swipe UP for SLEEP

Votes: 29 30.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Fingerprint Swipe (left,right,up for Back, Home, Recents/Sleep)

The third party custom fingerprint apps were not working after Pie update, which was so useful since this is a huge phone, so made a custom module inspired by rori's module.

UPDATE

Couldn't update for a long time since I moved to OP7T.
Anyway got some free time in lockdown, so here we go

Fingerprint_swipe v3 Magisk20+ Changelog

• Support for Magisk 20+ (Tested on Magisk 20.4)
  • Uses Latest MMT-Ex from Zackptg5
  • Works on OOS10 Open Beta

INSTALLATION : Remove other old Modules and flash this in Magisk (Should work on OOS and Custom ROMs)

What it does?
  • Swipe left for BACK/Close notification
  • Swipe right for HOME
  • Swipe up for RECENTS
  • Swipe up twice for switching to LAST APP
  • Swipe down UNTOUCHED (Default notifications swipe)

Download Fingerprint_swipe v3 https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261774266

ALT version - Incase home gesture doesn't work with the above normal version in OOS, ALT version uses Swipe right for Sleep instead of home. Later I'll try to figure if Oneplus has overrided HOME because other gesture navigation. (Home gesture reportedly work again on OOS10 Beta, so you can use first version)

Download Fingerprint_swipe v3 ALT https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261774265

__OLD__

The third party custom fingerprint apps were not working after Pie update, which was so useful since this is a huge phone, so made a custom module inspired by rori's module.

What it does?
  • Swipe right for HOME
  • Swipe up for RECENTS

Alternate Version :
  • Swipe UP to Sleep/Lock instead of Recents

Tested on OP5T PIE Open Beta 20 to 28/stable 9.x Magisk v17.3/ v18/v19

*Uninstall/disable module before system update and reinstall / enable after updating system.

Works in most Custom ROMs like Pixel experience, test and report.

( Edit : Not working in OP6, it reportedly uses a different FP sensor and it do not recognise swipe at all
Edit 2: OP5T only)

If anyone need any specific custom actions I can make in free time.
User Requested variants attached in POST 3

Attachments

• Fingerprint_backhomerecents_Magiskv2.zip
    6 KB · Views: 6,385
  • ALT_Fingerprint_backhomesleep_Magiskv2.zip
    6 KB · Views: 1,351
Last edited:

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Fingerprint_swipev3 Magisk20+ ALT Call EndCall

• Swipe right to answer call directly (Opens phone app when there is no call)
  • Swipe left to end call directly (Sleep device when there is no call)

Fingerprint_swipev3 Magisk20+ ALT Call

No end Call option to avoid accidental call ends

DOWNLOAD HERE

_OLD_

thank you for the module, can you guide us how to customise the gestures?

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

You can't customize on the go. You can unzip the module zip and alter the key layout file to customise the swipe gesture values to the required one if you know the particular key value for that action.
For example, Key value for RECENTS menu = APP_SWITCH
Make sure you don't change the power button values.

User Requested variants attached below - Remove my other swipe module and install this.

vA - Swipe UP to sleep (remaining untouched ie, Down for Notification)
vB - Swipe LEFT to LOWER BRIGHTNESS, Swipe RIGHT to INCREASE BRIGHTNESS (UP and DOWN untouched, ie, Notification open and close)

Instructions - READ first post

Last edited:

DEVILOPS 007

May 24, 2016
Colchester
Fingerprint Swipe (left,right,up for Back, Home, Recents)

What it does?
Swipe left for BACK/Close notification
Swipe right for HOME
Swipe up for RECENTS
Swipe up twice for switching to LAST APP
Swipe down UNTOUCHED (Default notifications swipe)

Tested on OP5T PIE Open Beta 20 Magisk v18

(May work on op6, if not report. )

Thanks for the module man. Never really got into fingerprint gestures before but how you've done it I really like as it's very functional and convenient. Have already recommended this to some people who also seem to enjoy it. Thank you:good:

Reactions: Aswin08

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for the module man. Never really got into fingerprint gestures before but how you've done it I really like as it's very functional and convenient. Have already recommended this to some people who also seem to enjoy it. Thank you:good:
Welcome.
True, this is so convenient since I started using it from nexus 6p days. One of the useful addition in Oreo.

Eazii

Fingerprint Swipe (left,right,up for Back, Home, Recents)

What it does?
Swipe left for BACK/Close notification
Swipe up for RECENTS
Swipe down UNTOUCHED (Default notifications swipe)

Tested on OP5T PIE Open Beta 20 Magisk v18

(May work on op6, if not report. )

Looking forward to trying this out. Thank You!

You can't customize on the go. You can unzip the module zip and alter the key layout file to customise the swipe gesture values to the required one if you know the particular key value for that action.

I unzipped the file and I found where to configure the values, but there are 8 of them. I know "Up,Down,Left,Right" but what are the other four? Also how do you know which is which. I mean which one represents Up, represents Down, represents Left....

Please forgive me if this is obvious I'm new to this process.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181220-133631.jpg
    Screenshot_20181220-133631.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 1,559
Reactions: duttyend

kanekz

Nov 23, 2011
Great mod and I have you rep on the other thread!

So when I'm on the home screen and finger down it shows quick settings, but when I finger up to minimize quick settings it automatically shows recents. I know that that's how you designed it but would it be possible to make it so that it closes the quick settings back first and back to home screen? Then I can finger up again to show recents. I hope my explanation isn't confusing.

Thanks

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Great mod and I have you rep on the other thread!

So when I'm on the home screen and finger down it shows quick settings, but when I finger up to minimize quick settings it automatically shows recents. I know that that's how you designed it but would it be possible to make it so that it closes the quick settings back first and back to home screen? Then I can finger up again to show recents. I hope my explanation isn't confusing.

Thanks

As you can see in the op post, when you want to close the quick settings use swipe left (Back) or swipe right (Home). Else I can only make a separate module with swipe up making notification close and recents action removed.
And coming to the complex action you have request where a same gesture works differently based on the current situation, its not possible in the file I modified. I need to look into other files to understand how things work.

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Looking forward to trying this out. Thank You!

I unzipped the file and I found where to configure the values, but there are 8 of them. I know "Up,Down,Left,Right" but what are the other four? Also how do you know which is which. I mean which one represents Up, represents Down, represents Left....

Please forgive me if this is obvious I'm new to this process.

In the order
up
Left
Right
Down

Other values may represent something else, maybe like long pressing in camera clicks pics, long press from locked device open payment service. But am not sure yet.

Eazii

In the order
up
Left
Right
Down

Other values may represent something else, maybe like long pressing in camera clicks pics, long press from locked device open payment service. But am not sure yet.

One more question if I may. You mention to "make sure not to change the power button values" but why and also what does the"power button value" do?

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Guess I'm the first to test on Oneplus 6 (9.0.2 stable). Unfortunately no luck here but thanks all the same. Willing to help test if you have any ideas :)

Can confirm doesn't work on OP6 OOS 9.0.2 Magisk v18

Please remove the module, restart and attach the following file.
System/usr/keylayout/gf_input.kl

I'll try to see what went wrong in op6.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE

INSTALLATION : Remove other old Modules and flash this in Magisk (Should work on OOS and Custom ROMs)

What it does?
    • Swipe right for HOME
    • Swipe up for RECENTS

Download Fingerprint_swipe v3 https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261774266

ALT version - Incase home gesture doesn't work with the above normal version in OOS, ALT version uses Swipe right for Sleep instead of home. Later I'll try to figure if Oneplus has overrided HOME because other gesture navigation. (Home gesture reportedly work again on OOS10 Beta, so you can use first version)

Download Fingerprint_swipe v3 ALT https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261774265

__OLD__
    ____________________________________________________________________________

What it does?
    • Swipe right for HOME
    • Swipe up for RECENTS

Alternate Version :
    • Swipe UP to Sleep/Lock instead of Recents

Tested on OP5T PIE Open Beta 20 to 28/stable 9.x Magisk v17.3/ v18/v19

*Uninstall/disable module before system update and reinstall / enable after updating system.

Works in most Custom ROMs like Pixel experience, test and report.

( Edit : Not working in OP6, it reportedly uses a different FP sensor and it do not recognise swipe at all
    Edit 2: OP5T only)

User Requested variants attached in POST 3
    Fingerprint_swipev3 Magisk20+ ALT Call EndCall

• Swipe left to end call directly (Sleep device when there is no call)

Fingerprint_swipev3 Magisk20+ ALT Call

No end Call option to avoid accidental call ends

DOWNLOAD HERE

_OLD_

thank you for the module, can you guide us how to customise the gestures?

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

User Requested variants attached below - Remove my other swipe module and install this.

vA - Swipe UP to sleep (remaining untouched ie, Down for Notification)
    vB - Swipe LEFT to LOWER BRIGHTNESS, Swipe RIGHT to INCREASE BRIGHTNESS (UP and DOWN untouched, ie, Notification open and close)

Instructions - READ first post
    UPDATE

What it does?
    • Swipe right for HOME
    • Swipe up for RECENTS

ALT version - Incase home gesture doesn't work with the above normal version in OOS9, ALT version uses Swipe right for Sleep instead of home. Later I'll try to figure if Oneplus has overrided HOME because other gesture navigation. (Home gesture reportedly work again on OOS10 Beta, so you can use first version)

Why not update the module so we can choose which swipe does what in magisk terminal
    If you read through the Devs messages he clearly isn't a very experienced dev with all this stuff. Just give him time to learn and I'm sure he'll do things like this when he knows how to implement it well and has tested it.
    Working great, thanks for such an awesome module it is very useful. :good: