magisk_debug.log taking up 1.4 GB

Search This thread

vladone97

Mar 21, 2015
Non-developer here asking a potentially stupid question. You have been warned.
So, I noticed that my phone's free storage seemed lower than usual. DiskUsage showed about 4 GB of "System Data". I find factory resetting to be a huge pain because I have a few apps that are really hard to back up and restore (such as keepsafe), so I decided to look around and try to find the culprit. Turns out, there's a file in /data/adb/ called "magisk_debug.log" that takes up 1.4 GB and I'm not sure if it's safe to delete because, on the one hand, it's a log, but on the other hand, as I stated at the beginning of the post, I'm not a developer, which means there are a lot of things I don't know about Android's file system, plus I sometimes tend to do stupid things with my phone that cause me a lot of trouble. So, can I delete it or should I leave it be?
I'm using a Galaxy S8 with Android 7.0 if that's relevant for anything

Aug 19, 2016
Maybe you are using a debugging channel? Switch to a stable channel or a normal channel and delete the log file.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
For anyone stumbling on this (it has been answered already in the Magisk General support thread):

The magisk_debug.log file has not been used in Magisk for a long time (Magisk v14.3, or so). If you still have it on your device it's perfectly safe to delete.