MagiskHide detected as an Android Emulator in banking app

Search This thread

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020
For context I have "treble_arm64_bvS-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.crossg.20211108.032335 test-keys" LineageOS custom rom with magisk and safetynet granted (thanks to riru module)
But my banking app got recently updated https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cm_prod.bad and now refuses to let me connect because "For security reasons this application does'nt support emulators anymore"
This app has MagiskHide applied otherwise it detects root and refuses to let me connect
I know MagiskHide is discontinued but is there a Magisk module or a tweak that could resolve my issue ?
Thanks in advance for any help

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Try install IsLand and add app that detect Magisk into IsLand, also hide magisk app by repacking magisk with random package

For context I have "treble_arm64_bvS-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.crossg.20211108.032335 test-keys" LineageOS custom rom with magisk and safetynet granted (thanks to riru module)
But my banking app got recently updated https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cm_prod.bad and now refuses to let me connect because "For security reasons this application does'nt support emulators anymore"
This app has MagiskHide applied otherwise it detects root and refuses to let me connect
I know MagiskHide is discontinued but is there a Magisk module or a tweak that could resolve my issue ?
https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix make sure you use the one for magisk hide not zygisk.
Also make sure that magisk manager is hidden ex in magisk manager settings hide magisk rename. Also make sure gms(play services), play store, and your banking app is hidden

Reactions: VeDoxe

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020
Well thanks for your responses and yes I have already have already rename Magisk with random id, I have universal safety net fix with riru, and MagiskHide enabled with my banking app (otherwise it detects root as is). And tough that all of this was enough (I do pass safetynet for now) but seems that it is not for my banking app...

@huskydg.11455139 I installed IsLand but I was a bit too much surprised with all the professional profil tweaking that it was doing without my consent... I kinda panic and uninstall the all thing...
But :
- I don't get in what way this will hide the fact that my banking app detect Magisk as an emulator
- When an app is "professionalised" what does it do and what does happen to my saves ?
- I do need MagiskHide to hide root otherwise my banking app detects it either way, can I do that while having IsLand enabled ?

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Well thanks for your responses and yes I have already have already rename Magisk with random id, I have universal safety net fix with riru, and MagiskHide enabled with my banking app (otherwise it detects root as is). And tough that all of this was enough (I do pass safetynet for now) but seems that it is not for my banking app...

@huskydg.11455139 I installed IsLand but I was a bit too much surprised with all the professional profil tweaking that it was doing without my consent... I kinda panic and uninstall the all thing...
But :
- I don't get in what way this will hide the fact that my banking app detect Magisk as an emulator
- When an app is "professionalised" what does it do and what does happen to my saves ?
- I do need MagiskHide to hide root otherwise my banking app detects it either way, can I do that while having IsLand enabled ?

IsLand is second space, any app in IsLand cannot collect anything in Primary space, prevent it collects app list and scan these apk to detect random package magisk app

You can apply MagiskHide / MagiskDenyList for any app in IsLand
I used this to bypass Techcombank, PUBG NEW STATE which can even detect random package magisk app (stub.apk) without freezing Magisk app

Or Hide your list app by using Xposed module: Hide My List App, because now more and more app can detect magisk even it has random package.

With combo (MagiskHide)+(Random Package Magisk app)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawnowl444

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020
IsLand is second space, any app in IsLand cannot collect anything in Primary space, prevent it collects app list and scan these apk to detect random package magisk app

I used this to bypass Techcombank, PUBG NEW STATE which can even detect random package magisk app (stub.apk) without freezing Magisk app

Or Hide your list app by using Xposed module: Hide My List App, because now more and more app can detect magisk even it has random package.

Well I did just now tried IsLand and my banking app still detects that my phone is considered as an emulator.
But the thing is MagiskHide and random package repacking do work as long as hiding root is concerned, otherwise by banking app do warn me that it detects root. But I wonder if in that process MagiskHide use some technics that are ones of an emulator in the process and my banking app do detects that...

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Well I did just now tried IsLand and my banking app still detects that my phone is considered as an emulator.
But the thing is MagiskHide and random package repacking do work as long as hiding root is concerned, otherwise by banking app do warn me that it detects root. But I wonder if in that process MagiskHide use some technics that are ones of an emulator in the process and my banking app do detects that...
Are you using Custom ROM?

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020
Are you using Custom ROM?
Well yes I'm using AndyYan's Lineage OS (Android 11) rom thanks to phh experimentation from the Treble Project.
This could could be a thing but I'ts weird that my banking app is warning me about emulator and not custom rom (instead of WhatsApp that clearly says that it detects custom rom).

I'm just speculating at this point but I have my bootloader unlock and the phh/AndyYan rom is userdebug. I think the unlock bootloader is spoofed by safetynet fix but I don't know if the userdebug variant can be detect and can be sign of an emulator...

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Well yes I'm using AndyYan's Lineage OS (Android 11) rom thanks to phh experimentation from the Treble Project.
This could could be a thing but I'ts weird that my banking app is warning me about emulator and not custom rom (instead of WhatsApp that clearly says that it detects custom rom).

I'm just speculating at this point but I have my bootloader unlock and the phh/AndyYan rom is userdebug. I think the unlock bootloader is spoofed by safetynet fix but I don't know if the userdebug variant can be detect and can be sign of an emulator...
So that's why, most Custom ROM has broken rules, do you know? Also app can easily detect if you are running Custom ROM

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1643205167183.jpg
    FB_IMG_1643205167183.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 82

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020
So that's why, most Custom ROM has broken rules, do you know? Also app can easily detect if you are running Custom ROM
Welp same here but it just bug me that my app detects "emulator" and not custom rom... But it's could be some nonsens from by banking app after all...

And weird think that I need to disable MagiskHide, that is still usefull to me, for Momo checking.

So then I should try to spoof my build id and other stuff that can say that I have custom rom?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-145841_Momo_1.png
    Screenshot_20220126-145841_Momo_1.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 40

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Welp same here but it just bug me that my app detects "emulator" and not custom rom... But it's could be some nonsens from by banking app after all...

And weird think that I need to disable MagiskHide, that is still usefull to me, for Momo checking.

So then I should try to spoof my build id and other stuff that can say that I have custom rom?
Maybe they can mark custom ROM as emulator just to make you fear (sometime they said they found something but not that thing). who know?

Try restore to stock rom (no root) and check

Dawnowl444

Jul 28, 2020
Maybe they can mark custom ROM as emulator just to make you fear (sometime they said they found something but not that thing). who know?

Try restore to stock rom (no root) and check
Yeah sometimes they say stuff because they found root or "insecurity" but the app says something completely different.

I will loose all my data if I restore stock rom plus it's a Chinese bloated rom, so I won't do that. I do really like Lineage OS so I will stay out there. But yeah it will most definitively work with stock rom not rooted that's obvious (well I say that but I still have TWRP and unlock bootloader)

There are more and more app now can detect magisk stub apk (random package). Your tutorial is old and already have a post about how to do this :)))
If you are using xposed, you can use dev opts hide and hide my applist modules to hide anything you want. I was going with the simplest answer to see if all the first checks were in place.

Not all apps you can apply the same way
Actually you can if they are more invasive you will need more hiding than magisk hide can give you. Which are the lsposed method example of what I said also lua module can do some of it also depends which module you prefer. I use hide my applist and dev opts
Go search lsposed and how to use hide my applist

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021
Actually you can if they are more invasive you will need more hiding than magisk hide can give you. Which are the lsposed method example of what I said also lua module can do some of it also depends which module you prefer. I use hide my applist and dev opts
Go search lsposed and how to use hide my applist
You think I don't know this 😏, don't you?

huskydg

Feb 17, 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-27-09-21-33-037_com.android.shell.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-27-09-21-33-037_com.android.shell.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2022-01-27-09-21-18-033_com.tsng.hidemyapplist.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-27-09-21-18-033_com.tsng.hidemyapplist.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 62

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix make sure you use the one for magisk hide not zygisk.
    Also make sure that magisk manager is hidden ex in magisk manager settings hide magisk rename. Also make sure gms(play services), play store, and your banking app is hidden

But :

It's okey. Sorry if I am so rude here
    It's ok. Don't like to argue over pointless affairs. Have a nice day