Question Magnetic USB-C chargers do not work! Triggers moisture sensor block.

Search This thread
These work on all devices i own, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, Xiaomi Mi9T, OnePlus 8 Pro and my Huawei Notebook. All charge with their maximum charging speed. Data transfer is fine.
My older WSKEN Kits don't work with the S22 Ultra. Didn't work with the Note 20 too btw.

USB Type C Magnetic Adapter 90 Degree,24Pin for Apple Macbook Pro iPad and USB-C Laptop,100W Fast Charging,10Gbps Data, 2-Pack https://smile.amazon.de/dp/B09MH61B4H/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_MSE66VTJX58CWNQ465A9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

abcomputin

Dec 15, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Thanks again. I ordered 4 of them and they are slowly making their way from China. After 12 days they finally made it to Los Angeles airport customs. But they have been sitting there now for another 3 days. So, yes for anyone else who orders them... The service is great and the price is right. But they really will take 3 weeks, at least, to arrive. I know, a first world problem and only for those of us spoiled by Amazon Prime delivery! LOL!
Just wondering if they showed up yet. If so, are they working ok for you?

Will_T

Oct 23, 2013
Just wondering if they showed up yet. If so, are they working ok for you?
Still waiting but they are getting closer. The tracking website they use works fine; it just takes a while from China. For anyone else that may order them, they were shipped May 4th and it looks like they should arrive in the next day or two. So, about a month. I don't mind the wait, just glad they were available and hopefully will work. I'll post back once I get them and try them out.

Will_T

Oct 23, 2013
Ha! You asked about them this morning and three hours later they showed up in my mailbox. Thanks!! I set one up for my iPhone 7 plus and it works fine. Just ordered another 3 pack of cables so I will have the system everywhere I charge, including the RV.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Never knew something like this even existed... Can one leave the tip in the usb port permanently as a cover to protect it from dust/ debris when not using to charge it? It also seems like a great solution for protecting the USB port from the constant wear and tear of plugging/ unplugging into it..
    What's wrong with charging with the screen on ?
    Sometimes when I'm traveling trying to find a place with navigation on i like charging it and leaving the screen on
    It skews the charging curve. It may charge slow or not at all. With a 5000 mAh battery you should have at least 8 hours SOT!
    It's hard on the battery especially in high ambient temperatures or direct sunlight.
    For navigation a dedicated GPS is more effective... and less hassle if the heat burns it up.

I'll add to that by saying I nearly burned up my N10+ like that. It definitely took some battery capacity. It can really tip them over the edge fast. The high temperature shutdown may not kick in fast enough to prevent damage. Direct sunlight is a real killer as much of the heat is dissipated through the display.
    I've not had the alert popup since I switched to the NetDot Gen10 on Wednesday. I'm feeling good enough about it that I've just ordered enough new Gen10 cables and tips to replace all my Gen12s. The charging speed is slightly reduced, but being error free makes up for that inconvenience.

I have a new idea about what the cause of the problem may be, at least based on my limited experience with the 2 NetDot series. The data and power contacts on the Gen10 tips are recessed and not reachable by casual contact or jostling. It's not obvious in the photo, but the contacts are slightly lower than the surface of the magnet, enough that I can barely touch them with a fingernail. On the other hand, on the Gen12 tips the contacts are fully exposed and flush with the surface. So perhaps the alert can be triggered by repeated stray micro-currents or drops in resistance between those contacts? It's been decades since I had any electrical tech courses, so I could be way off base, but it's an interesting thought.

2022-03-12_16-19-11.png
    Interesting thread. I never knew about the magnetic system. I do keep a usb-c plug in the port full time to keep out dirt and lint. Never had the moisture popup so far in a week with one inserted in my S22.
    Did you try with another magnetic adaptor?
    I have also been charging with a magnetic charger for many years, now even for the device I've been waiting for almost a month, I ordered brand new kits. I really hope there is no problem like what you described.
    Of course I will also buy a wireless charger, but the convenience of using the magnetic one is indispensable for me.