Magnetic USB type C charging cables.

Search This thread

erickusprime

May 3, 2019
Just to update anyone interested.

I've gone through two type-c tips. I think something is burning/unsoldering with the parts getting that hot while using dash charge. Two of my tips have stopped working.

I'll stick to the wsken cable in the meantime and see if another tip dies on me.

erickusprime

May 3, 2019
Just to update anyone interested.

I've gone through two type-c tips. I think something is burning/unsoldering with the parts getting that hot while using dash charge. Two of my tips have stopped working.

I'll stick to the wsken cable in the meantime and see if another tip dies on me.

Third tip died on me while using the original cable. Will stop using wsken adapters. It was good while it lasted. Of someone has found a more robust solution, please let me know.

RiTCHiE007

Jun 22, 2011
Huawei P20 Pro
OnePlus 6
Third tip died on me while using the original cable. Will stop using wsken adapters. It was good while it lasted. Of someone has found a more robust solution, please let me know.

If you want easiness then why not buy 1 of those wireless charging pads that have this usb c connector build onto it so that you can plug it in and put the wireless charging receiver behind your case? These magnetic chargers are terrible in general so i wouldn't mess with them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It does not matter if the cable supports 5 amps. If the cable is not compatible with Dash Charge, you will not be able to charge quickly.
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32831...Cable-Adapter-Converter-Organizer-For-Samsung

In the color options choose 2 in 1 USB C. When you get it, plug in the dash brick + cable and it works.

(ty Smurf for letting me know it works, ordered one myself)
    It does not matter if the cable supports 5 amps. If the cable is not compatible with Dash Charge, you will not be able to charge quickly.

Yep, Dash Charge requires implementation in the charger and communication between it and the phone via the cable. The OP cable probably has dedicated lanes for this, which are not present in other cables.
    And the magnetic dongle quite sucks... it doesn't fit properly , due to curved frame. got one and don't recommend it :)
    Have you gotten anything back? And does anyone know if this works with warp charge?

Never heard back from them. Tried a couple of different addresses, but never got a response.

I've been using two sets with this set up and dash charge does work good enough (speed is not quite the same and magnetic parts get a little too hot).

I cannot speak about warp charge, although I should stress the parts do get hot, specially when battery starts to charge on lower levels. I can only imagine with warp charge would get worse. So I would advise monitor it the first few charges and find out if you're comfortable with what you see.

Also, mechanically speaking, the connection with the adapter is not as strong and the phone cannot be really used while charging. With the wsken magnetic cable you certainly can, albeit with some caution since it is easy to unplug it.

Hope that helps.