• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Magnetic Wireless Charging

Search This thread

Norma Stitz

Jan 2, 2011
Redmond
So now that I have a pre-order secured, I'm trying to find something equivalent to magsafe to use as a vehicle mount. Is there an established standard for this phone, or is it a choose-your-own-adventure sort of thing still?

I'm hoping to find something that sticks magnetically, charges wirelessly, and doesn't interfere with NFC.

rav101

Dec 1, 2013
Walsall
Google Pixel 6 Pro
That looks perfect. I returned my 13pro max, but happen to still be stuck with a magsafe charger I couldn't return. I just assumed it would have to buy a different charger also, but I guess not. Thanks.

It will definitely add magsafe. I guess there is a question as to whether the phone will still charge though the moment case. That I can't answer for you

Norma Stitz

Jan 2, 2011
Redmond
Can you let us know how the 6 Pro's battery life compares to the monster 13 pro max once you have time to play with it?
I learned it was not user repairable after I ordered it, but before it was delivered. I only played with it for an hour or so before returning it. It's too bad because I really liked the phone, but I just won't tolerate a company treating me like that.

I'll do the same with the Pixel if it turns out to be similar. Based on the initial camera module report, I wouldn't be surprised if I just keep using my ancient V20 for even longer.

FWIW, the pro max did sit on my counter powered on idle for several days and only lost maybe 20% per the meter. I never put a SIM in it though, so that might have helped.

Reactions: dj24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So now that I have a pre-order secured, I'm trying to find something equivalent to magsafe to use as a vehicle mount. Is there an established standard for this phone, or is it a choose-your-own-adventure sort of thing still?

I'm hoping to find something that sticks magnetically, charges wirelessly, and doesn't interfere with NFC.
    Check out Moment. They do magsafe cases for Android phones including the Pixel 6 series
    Can you let us know how the 6 Pro's battery life compares to the monster 13 pro max once you have time to play with it?
    I learned it was not user repairable after I ordered it, but before it was delivered. I only played with it for an hour or so before returning it. It's too bad because I really liked the phone, but I just won't tolerate a company treating me like that.

I'll do the same with the Pixel if it turns out to be similar. Based on the initial camera module report, I wouldn't be surprised if I just keep using my ancient V20 for even longer.

FWIW, the pro max did sit on my counter powered on idle for several days and only lost maybe 20% per the meter. I never put a SIM in it though, so that might have helped.