• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Main speaker stops working: fix

Search This thread

danimanz98

Apr 22, 2017
Hi. I have a J7 2017 (SM-J730F) since it was released, and there is a problem related to the main speaker that has happened to me several times.

Sometimes, the speaker stops working. Headphones, Bluetooth speakers and the call speaker work perfectly, but the main one doesn't play any sound. Instead, if you listen closely, you will hear a low static noise when something is supposed to be played, and like an electric sound when the sound is meant to be stopped.

If this happens to you, maybe you have noticed that rebooting the phone won't fix it, even in safe mode. But there is a way to make it work again: just turn down the phone and wait a couple of minutes before turning it on again.

If you have other problems with sound and/or other possible fixes for it you can share it here, so somebody may find it helpful.

Last edited:

deaakl

Jan 24, 2016
Damascus
That is right.
This problem occurs after you do the root.
Power off and wait for a minute or two, then power on is enough to fix this problem.
Note: This problem always occurs when you do soft reboot with a third-party application, but it does not occur when you restart in the normal way.
I liked to share my experience with this problem.
Anyway, thank you.

Reactions: harshitbansal

danimanz98

Apr 22, 2017
That is right.
Power off and wait for a minute or two, then power on is enough to fix this problem.
Note: This problem always occurs when you do soft reboot with a third-party application, but it does not occur when you restart in the normal way.
Anyway, thank you.

I've never rooted my phone, and when this happened to me my device wasn't even rebooted. It's more like a software issue, and Samsung must fix it.

But the important thing is that this fix works to everyone, so you're welcome :D

Reactions: deaakl

pepsiskool

Jun 6, 2018
Recently, my J7 Pro speaker went from loud to small even though I put it on Maximum Volume, does anyone know any solutions to this ?

S LOPEZ

Oct 18, 2019
HI THERE J730f i tried even to change audio Ic i flash it no sound at all loud speaker help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. I have a J7 2017 (SM-J730F) since it was released, and there is a problem related to the main speaker that has happened to me several times.

Sometimes, the speaker stops working. Headphones, Bluetooth speakers and the call speaker work perfectly, but the main one doesn't play any sound. Instead, if you listen closely, you will hear a low static noise when something is supposed to be played, and like an electric sound when the sound is meant to be stopped.

If this happens to you, maybe you have noticed that rebooting the phone won't fix it, even in safe mode. But there is a way to make it work again: just turn down the phone and wait a couple of minutes before turning it on again.

If you have other problems with sound and/or other possible fixes for it you can share it here, so somebody may find it helpful.
    That is right.
    Anyway, thank you.
    That is right.
    Anyway, thank you.

I've never rooted my phone, and when this happened to me my device wasn't even rebooted. It's more like a software issue, and Samsung must fix it.

But the important thing is that this fix works to everyone, so you're welcome :D