Mainline N8000 Progress

Search This thread

Don Carnage

Mar 23, 2013
Dear fellow developers and users of this great device,

I'm working on mainline support for the p4note device family, I started with the N8010 but this is usable on all the other N80XX devices as well as they are technically all the same aside from the modem.

The current status is that an initial device tree will land in 5.11 with some components still missing but its a good start. I'm working on the rest and also I'm working on Android 11 on top of that.

This post will not be updated any longer, you can find my mainline progress here.

There is also a blog which I'll probably woefully neglect as I'm way too busy with everything in life.

Cheers

Last edited:

fldc

May 6, 2011
Mjölby
Amazon Fire TV
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Do you have a git repository anywhere? I found a Note 10 8000 hidden in a box and wanted to get a working small working terminal up on the wall at my 3D-Printer/Soldering-workstation, I would be happy to be tinkering around som with the code.

Nevermind, found it. :D

Last edited:

Don Carnage

Mar 23, 2013
Do you have a git repository anywhere? I found a Note 10 8000 hidden in a box and wanted to get a working small working terminal up on the wall at my 3D-Printer/Soldering-workstation, I would be happy to be tinkering around som with the code.

Hey, great to hear that you want to tinker with it. Remember that I currently work on rev 6 of the hardware, the version info can be found in the atags of the kernel log. You may run into issues with other revisions but it should be fine.

For the wifi settings, you need the correct nvram file. I'm not yet sure whether you can determine it by the version of the hardware, the current way is a macloader in the current hardware repo.

I extracted the touchscreen firmware from the sources and put them in my buildroot repo. The driver will look for a file called maxtouch.fw on boot.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: fldc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear fellow developers and users of this great device,

I'm working on mainline support for the p4note device family, I started with the N8010 but this is usable on all the other N80XX devices as well as they are technically all the same aside from the modem.

The current status is that an initial device tree will land in 5.11 with some components still missing but its a good start. I'm working on the rest and also I'm working on Android 11 on top of that.

This post will not be updated any longer, you can find my mainline progress here.

There is also a blog which I'll probably woefully neglect as I'm way too busy with everything in life.

Cheers

Hey, great to hear that you want to tinker with it. Remember that I currently work on rev 6 of the hardware, the version info can be found in the atags of the kernel log. You may run into issues with other revisions but it should be fine.

For the wifi settings, you need the correct nvram file. I'm not yet sure whether you can determine it by the version of the hardware, the current way is a macloader in the current hardware repo.

I extracted the touchscreen firmware from the sources and put them in my buildroot repo. The driver will look for a file called maxtouch.fw on boot.

I hope this helps.